2nd grow...Auto's in a grow tent...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
225smokestack said:
ima have to get my hands on these after im done with my WR grow! :)

Smokestack you will love the smoke from them if you are a fan of hvy indicas...I use it for a before bed sleep aid...

Hamster,
I know this J is old in forum time so I hope you don't mind me bringing it back to life. I've read it three times and taken notes so won't bother you with to many questions (I hope).

I chucked my plan on the 3x3 tent or any "package" after your PM. I ordered the same tent a few minutes ago..... same size. I called HTG and that's where I'm getting the light. I'm a bit confused because in your PM you said you have a 600W but all through the GJ I see 400W so is 400W the way I should go? Maybe I just read it wrong and you were prefering 600W with the 3x3 size tent pkg I'd picked?

Talk to me about the smell.... just how bad was it and how far away from the tent could you smell it? I ask because I'm debating on the filter issue. A filter would def work for odor but I'm trying to decide if it's a must have for me..... might try something less expensive based on your feedback. I was very impressed with your make do economical attitude with the fans in and out regarding the temps.

About the MG Seed Starting Mix - wow I've not heard anyone talk up MG here. If you were to do it again with more experience under your belt would you still go with MG Seed Start?

Last Q - Did you order your Whte Dwarf Autos from dope seeds . com? I got a bit confused when you mentioned the second order of seeds.

Thanks
Much Respect,
OHC

Thanks for your time Hamster..... I am so impressed with these Autos......

OldHippieChick said:
Hamster,
I know this J is old in forum time so I hope you don't mind me bringing it back to life. I've read it three times and taken notes so won't bother you with to many questions (I hope).

I chucked my plan on the 3x3 tent or any "package" after your PM. I ordered the same tent a few minutes ago..... same size. I called HTG and that's where I'm getting the light. I'm a bit confused because in your PM you said you have a 600W but all through the GJ I see 400W so is 400W the way I should go? Maybe I just read it wrong and you were prefering 600W with the 3x3 size tent pkg I'd picked?

Talk to me about the smell.... just how bad was it and how far away from the tent could you smell it? I ask because I'm debating on the filter issue. A filter would def work for odor but I'm trying to decide if it's a must have for me..... might try something less expensive based on your feedback. I was very impressed with your make do economical attitude with the fans in and out regarding the temps.

About the MG Seed Starting Mix - wow I've not heard anyone talk up MG here. If you were to do it again with more experience under your belt would you still go with MG Seed Start?

Last Q - Did you order your Whte Dwarf Autos from dope seeds . com? I got a bit confused when you mentioned the second order of seeds.

Thanks
Much Respect,
OHC

Thanks for your time Hamster..... I am so impressed with these Autos......
I don't mind at all...it's always fun when one of these older grows gets brought back to life...thanks for taking the time to look over what I did...
Let me try and answer some of your questions:

OldHippieChick said:
I'm a bit confused because in your PM you said you have a 600W but all through the GJ I see 400W so is 400W the way I should go? Maybe I just read it wrong and you were prefering 600W with the 3x3 size tent pkg I'd picked?
During this my 2nd grow I Started out with cfl's and then bought a 400w standard ballast lighting system...I already had a 600w Digi ballast system that was being used in my attic for my first grow...I only grew 5 dwarfs though and you said you wanted to grow 10... I wld go with a 600w...digi wld be best but you cld get away with a standard ballast if you want to save some cash...in my 3rd grow I used both for 1000 watts...

OldHippieChick said:
As for smell...they hve a skunky smell to them...I did not use a filter of any kind because it's only me and the wife and the smell never got so bad that I was worried about neighbors smelling them...what's your grow situation? Do you need to be 100% stealth as far as your house goes? If you are going to grow in your garage and your neighbors are not right on top of you I think you cld get away without a carbon filter.

OldHippieChick said:
Yeah MG is not real popular around here and with good reason...the regular stuff will more then likely fry your seedlings..even the organic stuff which I tried fried my kids up...I only use the seed starting mix...it is specially made for seeds and young seedlings...it is very gentle and it is very light and airy even when watered and promotes strong root growth...don't get any other one but that one.

OldHippieChick said:

I ordered the White Dwarfs from Attitude I believe...although I think Dope seeds also sells them...both sites are top notch...If you do not want to go through the trouble of pulling males then get the fem seeds...they are more expensive though. You cld get regular beans and get lucky with a 10 pack and get 7 girls..but you cld also get 7 males....:)

Feel free to ask any other questions you might hve...you can pm me aor ask in one of my journals... I will suggest that you start a grow journal when you begin your grow..this way people can follow along and help with any problems that may arise...and believe me..there always seems to be quite a few..........:D

Thanks Hamster
Much Green Mojo out to you :D .

I backed off on the 10 idea after your input. As I said, I wana duplicate so pulled back on my tweeking - that revises my heat / odor issue .... and all I can think is to give it a try your way and order fast shipping if I must add a filter later.

I already placed an order with dope-seeds.... so of course I'm nervous. Ordered 10 but gona do two at a time.... may re evaluate the 3 gallon pots I got since you did fine with much much smaller. I tend to over think and was hoping if I just follow a proven recipe (yours) I'll do well. Some day if you are super bored ask me about my rum key lime pie experiment..... more is NOT always better. :doh:

Much thanks!

hey hampster ,,im not starting a journal but heres how it looks at day 9 im a new be and im only grow 2 a micro grow lol...

day9.jpg

day 9.jpg

livinitup said:
how does it look first time and the side you can see on the ruler is cm's

They don't look bad...what strain is it?

as$hole from wild rose.. apperently is 10th generation .if you know anything about that because i dont and if you could tell me anything about it would be much apreceated?.. thanks

livinitup said:
as$hole from wild rose.. apperently is 10th generation .if you know anything about that because i dont and if you could tell me anything about it would be much apreceated?.. thanks

Never heard of that strain....sorry

Latest posts

Back