2nd Grow---Northern Lights--Fast Blast--Diesel Ryder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i_love_amsterdam

Professional Bong Hitter
Reaction score
I am pretty excited about this one. My first grow went ok but I learned so much. I'm feeling pretty confident about this one. I've got 2 Nirvana Northern Lights, 2 Afropips Fast Blast, and 1 Diesel Ryder

Strain Info:

Set-Up: 400 watt MH/HPS
2.5'x2' area
Starting with 1 gallon pots, may go to 3 gallon pots
Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil with mycorrhizal fungi mixed in
Fox Farm's Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom
Bushmaster from Humboldt Nutrients
Diamond Nectar
Sub Culture from General Hydroponics

Good luck wiv the grow keep us updated I started my grow journal today as well good luck :ignore::doh:

Here's some pics

Cam Dump 298.jpg

Cam Dump 390.jpg

Cam Dump 392.jpg

Cam Dump 393.jpg

Cam Dump 396.jpg

Cam Dump 397.jpg

Cam Dump 398.jpg

Cam Dump 399.jpg

Cam Dump 400.jpg

good luck with the grow:hubba: . By the looks of everything all is going great so far:D I will be pulling a chair up for his one thats if you dont mind:p

What's up all? Just a quick update to keep everyone in the loop. One of the Northern Lights didn't sprout. The taproot didn't look to good when I planted it so I was kind of expecting it.

Now for some better news, I got my Diesel Ryders today :hubba: Took 6 days from the Doc. I'm only gonna start one for now so I've got one germin' and should be able to get it in the soil in the next day or two.

The other three are looking great and I'm gonna post some more pics soon. Thanks for stopping by

Happy smoking everyone! :2940th_rasta:

stopping on in to send you -n- your plants a little "GREEN LUV" to get them babiez off to the best start possible. G()()D LUCK

:lama:

Things are looking nice. I'm pretty happy with everything so far. Temps are averaging 82 in the "day" and 73 at "night". Humidity has been between 58-70%. I'm running an 18/6 light cycle. No nutes so far, I'm waiting until the 3 week mark for that. The northern lights seems to be growing a little bit faster than the Fast Blast. I can already tell that the Northern Lights is gonna rock. :headbang: I've had a Diesel Ryder germing for a couple days and nothing so far. I'm gonna start one more and see if it germs any faster. I really want to get one started. It gonna be delicious.

Well here's the pics. The northern light is the one with rounded leaves and the Fast Blast is the one with the more pointed leaves. Theres one northern lights and 2 fast blast. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by!
:ccc:

DSC01902.JPG

DSC01892.JPG

DSC01904.JPG

DSC01896.JPG

DSC01893.JPG

DSC01890.JPG

:farm: Hello everyone! This is about the 2 week mark. Havent given them any nutes yet, just distilled water. I've been misting them everyday just to keep it humid. I also heard that helps to make the stem stronger. 18/6 light schedule. 400w mh. Plenty of air movement to get the stems nice and sturdy. The northern Lights is about 3 in and the other ones 2 in. All are working on their second node. Still trying to germ the diesel ryder seed. Havent given it a whole lot of attention. 3 is a pretty good number for me for now. I'll work the ryder in after a while. Thanks for takin a look and happy smoking.

DSC01905.JPG

DSC01906.JPG

DSC01907.JPG

DSC01910.JPG

DSC01913.JPG

DSC01914.JPG

DSC01915.JPG

DSC01916.JPG

DSC01924.JPG

DSC01918.JPG

DSC01925.JPG

Things are still goin good. I think they're getting a little hot now that they're taller but I'm about to move locations so I'll have the light raised then. Finally got a Diesel Ryder started. 9 weeks and I should have some goodness.:clap: I put that into a 3 gallon pot. I heard thats the best way to utilize the Ryders and get a good yield so we'll see if it helps. Enjoy the pics:D

DSC01989.JPG

DSC01991.JPG

DSC01994.JPG

DSC01995.JPG

DSC01997.JPG

DSC02003.JPG

Things are getting back to normal. I stressed the plants a little for a few days.:fid: Temps got a little too high and the FB did not seem to be ready for the nutes. Diesel Ryder isn't taking off like I thought it would but its coming along. I just moved to a new local a couple days ago. Still tweaking things to get the temps right and everything. The lights are about 2.5 feet above the plants which I know is way too far but I'm gonna slowly bring them down as I get the set-up figured out. This also is probably affecting the DR and keepin it from taking off. Things will get groovin again and I'm getting excited! Thanks for stoppin in:watchplant:

DSC02007.JPG

DSC02008.JPG

DSC02014.JPG

DSC02012.JPG

DSC02013.JPG

DSC02017.JPG

DSC02015.JPG

Alright just a quick little update cuz I finally measured the trees and was pleasently surprised. The Northern Lights is at 7 in!:eek: Not bad for only 24 days since it was planted. My first grow I just used crappy old 4' T-12 fluoros. But then I got the HID and went 400 mh from seed and I'm loving it! The 2 FB are at 4 in., those are some bushy little things tho. And I'm def noticing different pheno's. One just has a slight plant smell while the other one smells like a dirty little skunk. Very nice. The DR is at about 2 in. I can't wait for that thing to take off. I'll have more pics in a week. Thanks for stoppin in and happy smoking :ccc:

Reactions: daf
Plants just got through their first 12 hour dark period. Already have that flowering look to them a little bit. The NL is now 9.5" and is looking like its gonna explode upwards. The FB is a short stocky little plant with great branching. Also flowers fast, somewhat Auto. Those 2 are 5 in. And the DR is still getting started hovering around 2.5" Switched the bulb to the HPS. Also lowered the light to about 20in above the plants. The next 2 months are gonna be very exciting.:dancing: :watchplant: Enjoy the pics and thanks for stopping in. Happy smoking :ccc:

P.S. forgot to add the question I wanted to ask:stoned: Will the 1 gallon pots I have them in now suffice for the rest of the groW? Seems like the FB will be ok cause its so short and stocky but the NL is def. gonna reach for the sky.

DSC02024.JPG

DSC02036.JPG

DSC02033-2.JPG

DSC02035-1.JPG

DSC02040-1.JPG

DSC02045.JPG

DSC02046.JPG

DSC02058.JPG

DSC02060.JPG

Just checked my PH for the first time. Was starting to notice some leaf curl and some sick leaves. Out of the 4 plants PH ranged from 5.2-5.5.:mad: It's FFOF soil. Could someone please give me some advice on the simplest, most effective and best way to get my PH near 6.5??? :bongin:

Things have been getting pretty interesting around here.:hubba: I took care of the ph problem by flushing them all. They are all around 6.3 now. They have been in flower for 11 days now and the NL is huge. It was 7" when I started flowering and it has tripled in size! It's now 22".:holysheep: The Fast Blast have both shown sex. 1 male, 1 female. I was somewhat hoping for a male or two in hopes of making some seeds. It's outside now with the Diesel Ryder, which ended up being male as well. I also have started another FB. It says on the website that if you do straight 12/12 then they will be ready for harvest in only 40-50 days! I'm definitey wanting to test this out. Im also gonna start another DR and hope that it's a female so that I can pollinate it with the male DR. Here's a visual for you all and thanks for checkin it out.

----I was wondering about the leaf curl on the NL. PH is 6.3. Gave 1/2 strength nutes about 4 days ago. It doesn't seem to have any nute burn. Could it be heat? Or over/underwatering? Any help is much appreciated:D

SANY1016.JPG

SANY0976.JPG

SANY0978.JPG

SANY0980.JPG

SANY0984.JPG

SANY1003.JPG

SANY0989.JPG

SANY1007.JPG

SANY1017.JPG

SANY1018.JPG

SANY1020.JPG

SANY1022.JPG