2nd grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if it were me i would try flushing the discolored ones. what was the npk on your nutes again??

18-18-21

best i can find for around this area, and I refuse to order anything off line...theres too many nurserys around here I havent been to...I just relized that

Ah sorry about that Bubonic! I get side tracked sometimes.. From your picture it looks like you have your light roughly 3 feet from your plants? For more powerful lights Ive heard a 2 foot distance is good for veg, and 1 foot for flowering.

right now its about 16 or 15 inches from the tops, i added some flos in there to start taking care of the sides...i've heard its too low, i'll take some pics tomorrow, im too high/hungry/and eating right now hahah :p

alright so its been a couple days, and I started LST on 3 of the plants, just to give it a shot

they are doing great, here are some pics....

and I think i need to transplant them into 5gal pots within the next couple days, they might be gettin root bound!!!

ANYONE HAVE ANY HINTS ON TRANSPLANTING FROM MILK GALLONS!?!?!?!!??!!

DSC02583.jpg

DSC02575.jpg

DSC02588.jpg

DSC02591.jpg

DSC02593.jpg

DSC02594.jpg

DSC02598.jpg

alright so i have WAAAAAAAAAAAAY MORE pics

and they've grown even more since i took those pics, so i'll come back tomorrow if Im up to it

maybe if someone replies with a good hint on transplanting from a SHITTY shape to a normal pot, i will update sooner :)

Beautiful BC...Gorgeous. magnificent, dazzling, exquisite!!!!!!!!!!! You deserve a ribbon. Thankyou for letting us view your progress. :)

I know this sounds foolish...but I ruin my pots by cutting or breaking the sides in the bigger pot when transplanting. Just a thought.

hey bubonic i just transplanted my 2 footer 2 day i would just cut the jug with scissors making 2 slits 1 on each side of the jug and just let fall out . just my opinion of the way i would do it .

ps flush them out real good after you transplant looks like you may have some heat stress and root boundness.

Yep just cut the milk gallon in half! But like skunk said about the flushing to prevent heat stress and root bounding....

a) Keep an eye on the temp in your grow room, I didn't notice any heat stress in the plants but could be wrong. Temp should be from 75-80 degrees fahrenheit.

b) The root bounding problem will take care of itself once you transplant. Due to the size of your plant I estimate the roots have covered between 40-60% of the volume of the milk container, this means that the roots probably aren't bound together yet and the plant will most likely respond very well to the transplant, but keep in mind, the bigger the pot, the bigger the plant! The if you give one of the plants a big pot are the rate they are growing you would probably only have enough space to support one or two large plants during flowering, I just ran into this same problem, tho my problem worked itself out as I had 4 plants growing nicely and 2 ended up being male! anyway, Good luck, plants are looking great!

PS What kind of LST are you doing? Topping? Bending? Tieing?

I try to loosen the soil up a lttile if it is rootbound bad. gets it a little uncompacted (but I do this gently).
Tieing is the way to go dude. Nice job on the one pic. What are using? trash bag ties or string.
(I use rubber bands and pegs around the perimeter of my pot. My hands don't tie so well. Plus the bands flex so I don't accidently break the stem with too much pressure).

Great grow dude. Can't wait to see more pics on your training. Escpecially when all those lower branches start to bud.

bending!! yeah i think i'll go with a 4gallon. flower is soon to come and I cant wait to see them go!!

thanks for the advice

if you do not already have 4 gallon containers and have to hunt some down somewhere it might just be alot more convienent to get 5 gallon bucket . you can find them at every job site .whether its use was for drywall mud paint ect. assuming you take care when cleaning them. i got lucky with my 4 gallon containers a buddy just happen to save his from apple trees he planted the previous year. so gl if you can find them. as a matter of fact i just transplanted one of mine to a five gallon the other day when i pulled it out of the 4 g. the root base and dirt was hard as a rock and the roots were running out the drain holes at botton so whos to say it wasnt root .bound after pyling up 6 inches of fresh topsoil at bottom of 5 gal. then dropping plant in and flushing with water adding soil to it as it settles 1 hour after transplanting my leaves perked up like my p---- at the playboy manchine . it is up to you though i found some 7 in a half and 10 gallon buckets just yesterday that i intend to transplant my ww and erasers inn when my back decides to quit hurting from yesterdays work . add. if you want another idea of what to tie down with i use 2 plastic tiestraps . with 1 i wrap around the upper part of plant just below the last node making a 2 inch circle cause youre plants are not getting 2 inch in diameter.then ill take a knife or some blunt object and puncure a quarter in. hole in the very top edge of the pot unless ita a 5 gallon hard plastic container the ill have to drill a hole . next slide the 2nd tie strap though the hole you just made and attach to the loop you made in the 1st one . you can ajust very little or alot very simple .

Question...Why do you guys transplant so much...why not save the trouble and replant in bigger pots/containers initially? Is it because you like to change soil or what? Just asking because maybe I will learn something I don't know.

I transplant 2X. 1 @ sprout to going to veg. Then the next @ week 3 or 2 weeks prior to flower which ever comes first. I ussually have about 5 during veg., by the time I am in flower I am down to 3.

In the begining (11-12 seedlings) I germ directly in germinating medium. I found the paper towel the tap root like to stick to the towel a little. I think Mother nature intended it this way. I put them in small pots. After 1 week I chuck the rest that didn't sprout and transplant the sprouts to 2 gallon pots.
The second transplant I chuck the really weak plants. The ones that did not have hardly any growth (2 nodes while the others have 6-8 nodes). These are not even ready to flower yet so what is the point. The perk to transplanting prior to flower into a 4 gallon pot is I found I did not have to flush mid flower due to nute/salt build-up I am good until 2 weeks prior to harvest.

Then I can focus on the healthy ones and still have room to grow. So basically I am accomidating my space as the grow progresses. This is just how I do it.

mine is same as. above space accomidation but was suppose to stay in 4 gallon but when my healthiest 1 was looking little droopy for the first time i knew i wasnt doing anything wrong so when i checked the roots it was pretty much root bound so i guess ill just have to transplant all of them .

I never minded rootbound. It tells me it is a very healthy plant. I take it as a good sign. Yeah transplanting is a pain, but hey I would hrather have a good root system anyday.

I transplant once. I germinate my seeds in a wet paper towel in a warm dark place. I check them 2 or 3 times a day keeping the paper towel moist till the tap root pops out 1/8", at this point I plant germinated seeds in peat pellets (I love em) which were pre soaked in a very dilute baby plant food solution. Once the plant has it's first set of leaves I plant the peat pellets into larger pots (never smaller than 2 gallon) and let the plants grow for the duration.

Insane,

How big is your grow area?
I have to shuffle around a lot until my attic area is complete due to 2'X2'X4'h. That is why I am transplanting 2X instead of 1. just curious. If you now a good work around tell me dude. I really need it.

I don't know why I got the impression you guys were transplanting 5+ times.

~blonde moment~ :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back