2nd grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mslady_1983

Reaction score
Hello all, I started my second flowering last week. I totally configured my grow space to get the most of it. I am growing 3 plants under 600 watt hps. i am using fox farm tiger bloom with the ph monitored, i am hoping to get 4 oz per plant or more. been reading on yields. research say's i should get 300g per m2. i dont see that happening just because its my second grow. my main concern is getting that homegrown smell from ur buds. would i have to cure it a certain way to do so, please help i would really like to have some great fat smelly buds. and not that homegrown smell.

thanks alot.

Ms. Lady:hubba:

First, ignore the yield report the breeders give, too many variables go into yield!

Smell and curing...the "hay" smell comes from too much leafy material left on the buds, not properly dried and cured, etc. Make sure you trim them down good, then make sure to dry them properly before jarring and curing. I loosely follow Hick's curing by the numbers method stickied above somewhere...here: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54451

Good luck, my friend! Let us know how it goes!

I'm with Roddy on the yield thing. If, when you speak of research, you are talking about the breeder's estimates, I don't pay much attention to those figures at all.

How long did you veg them? How large is your space? What strain are you growingFour ozs from an indoor plant is really quite a bit.

Proper curing will get rid of the "homegrown" smell. However smell after cure is really related to strain. Some strains, although great highs do not put out much odor. Others smell wonderful, but with not much of a high.

hello to all. I am growing 3 plants in a 4x4 grow. i am using fox farm tiger bloom. the ph is monitored. 600 watt hps. plants are 18 inches before flowering. have a fine and everything is on timers. ur thoughts are greatly appreciated.

I think you'll need a bit more of the nutrient line in order to keep the gals healthy through the grow...but am not sure since I don't use that. Someone knowing more about the FF lineup can help better there.

Do you know what strain you are growing? Where did you get the seeds? Or are these clones? How long did you let them veg? This is part will determine yield. Are these plants sexed? Do you have any pictures?

Be sure the buds are ripe -- immature buds smell like alfalfa -- trim and cure are important as well, but if the bud isn't ripe the smell you are after won't be there -- or the high -- Just my noob opinion from experience w/ the Cuz's clones and the weed she sent from the mothers compared with the buds I grew.

i don't know what the flowering period is for this strain. don't even know the strain type but recently grew this and got super replies so i am doing it again. i harvested the plants at 6 week after flower just because it was my first grow. this grow i am a little more patient as i know what the outcome of the strain will be. i am more calm on this grow and will let the plant grow its fullest. on the otherhand how will i know if the plant ready for harvest

lol, true Hemper. One thing to keep in mind, your grow and your cuz's had different results as much because of set-up/conditions etc as it does immature buds. Even starting with identical clones, the plants grow differently according to care!

Your buds double and triple in size the last weeks of budding, taking early hurt yield as much as taste/high. Best way to tell is using a scope and checking trichs!

How long did you veg these? Where did you get the seeds? Are they sexed?

You most likely harvested too early if you only flowered for 6 weeks. You can tell if a plant is ready for harvest by examining the trichomes under 30x magnification. The alfalfa smell is not from immature buds, but from improperly cured buds.

seriously i messed up by being impatient. damn. well i will be patient from now on. another question do u consider flowering once u switch to 12/12 or do u consider from the time u see plant with little buds forming. a little confused on that one.

i havent' kept a time schedule for the vegging. i am using female clones and flowered the girls once they hit 18 inches help please

i start flowering from the time I flip the lights, so yes 12/12.

so from harvesting a couple weeks to three weeks earlier. on guesstimate how much weight do you think was lost,

thanks for the input everyone. i am going to be a little more patient due to not being so my first time around

If you want to make sure you harvest at the right time then first write down on a calender the day you switched to flowering(12/12) then count off 7weeks and mark the calendar to begin checking trichs. Then go to this website and look at this eye loupe: hxxp://www.horticulturesource.com/accessories-gloves-beakers-stakes-ties-trellis-clips-spray-bottles-cables-leds-c45/microscopes-task-lighting-headlight-flash-light-cap-light-work-light-etc--s103/hydrofarm-active-eye-loupe-30x-p9387/?osCsid=33588e77b99dbbeee54bf413ee673393

Either order this loupe or find one like it at another store, but get this loupe as it works great and is inexpensive. It has 2 leds to light up what you are looking at. When It comes to the date at 7weeks, this will be too early to harvest but if you use the loupe to look at the trichs on the tops of the buds then you will be able to see them develop and mature to full ripe.

When you first look at them you may only see little hairs or some with little bulbs on the ends of them. Look at them every 3-4 days so that you can see the development as you will see the bulbs inflate to little fluid filled balls, then to very swolen and cloudy, then very milky, cloudy, and finally you will see them start to turn amber. As soon as they start to turn amber you have reached peak. At this point it is up to you how much couchlock you want in the high. the more amber you see in the trichs the more narcotic the high will be(typically). Since we don't know what the strain is, we can't say if it will take 8wks or 14wks to reach this point, but by watching them you will know. :)

Yeah its all about the trichs they will tell you when she is ready to be chopped. U want them to be atleast 1/2 amber and 1/2 cloudy. Like other said u need to invest in a loupe or a small microscope, i purchased mine from radioshack and it workd excellent. There are other signs however, your leaves will start to yellow, the calyxs will begins to swell and hairs on the buds will begin to change colors. I have been in yoru shoes though it took me a couple grows to get down when to chop them but once i got the microscope its pretty easy to see the trichs. Good luck

Awesome info guys thank u very much: this really helps. Gonna get one tomorrow

Latest posts

Back