2nd indoor grow. White siberian, Sour AK, Jack 33 + Easyryder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to show up and smell your house, bud . . . awesome hash and the jack is just a gorgeous plant

Bogart Mc Thunderdunk said:
i do too,
i got it from an online grow shop it seems to work well, i dont have much space to work with so its needed anyway. one side of the bud is flat but dry so no problems.
handy for keeping strains separate
i think theyre pretty common if youre looking for one.

So you use this instead of hanging by the stem or after you've done that?
What are they called- I would google it but "cool hanging bud drying rack" didn't find me what I wanted. Or feel free to PM me the name of the place you got yours and from there I can find one I'm sure.

I like how it will easily keep strains apart. That will be very useful for my current situation.

Plants looked great. Thanks for all the nice pictures.

LOL no kidding, tasty :icon_smile: I'm glad you have noticed the complexities of growing multiple strains at the same time . . . paper grocery bags will work fine . . . if you can find a dozen of em in your neck of the woods . . .

so uhhhhhhhh BMT . . . what's yer addy man . . . smell the house, man, remember ?? . . . be right over . . . :joint:

tastyness said:
So you use this instead of hanging by the stem or after you've done that?
What are they called- I would google it but "cool hanging bud drying rack" didn't find me what I wanted. Or feel free to PM me the name of the place you got yours and from there I can find one I'm sure.

I like how it will easily keep strains apart. That will be very useful for my current situation.

Plants looked great. Thanks for all the nice pictures.

hey i just trim and place on these and they work great.
i ordered from here hxxp://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/categories/Plant-Care/Accessories/Drying-Nets/?search_query=drying%20rack#

or growell.co.uk but ive seen them around anyway so id say youll be able to find one closer if in US, look for drying net or net/mesh drying rack maybe.

the net doesnt really get wet i think its polyester or something plastic anyway dries them all the way around fine. i placed some newspaper under the last level to catch bits. once the last plant is done ill be drying in the tent with it should work well id say.

LOL no kidding, tasty I'm glad you have noticed the complexities of growing multiple strains at the same time . . . paper grocery bags will work fine . . . if you can find a dozen of em in your neck of the woods . . .

so uhhhhhhhh BMT . . . what's yer addy man . . . smell the house, man, remember ?? . . . be right over . . .

that would be too easy, you have to sniff it out!

..and thanks, the jack doesnt actually smell too much or my nose has become useless from being around it too much. it smells kind of like pine and pepper.
heres hoping for some ounce colas.

I'm with ya, Bogie . . . . hey BWD . . . where'd ya leave the napkins ??? :spit:

:angrywife: MOLD! :angrywife:
spotted some withering leaves on the biggest colas oulled on them and they fell off with dusty moldy ends on them so chopped off the big colas and have left the rest for tomorrow.
had to cut up the colas sadly, i would have liked to get a pic to show how big they were cause the tops that they got cut upto now are fist sized.
there wasnt much i caught it early.

happy enough anyway i was gonna let it go till saturday but atleast i noticed it and it wasnt all too bad. ill try my hand at some qwiso now i have a decent amount of mold collected.

no camera atm so ill post up the proper harvest tomorrow after its done.

wow no kidding BMT . . . on the jack huh . . . no suprise really, those colas were huge and thick

but man, you can get almost all the way there, and there's still a couple curveballs bein thrown at ya, eh?

can't wait to see the harvest pics

yeh i kinda was expecting it to happen especially as its been raining for a week or two straight prettymuch and humidity was way up. just glad i spotted it before it was everywhere.

i chopped the rest of the jack before lights came on and have been trimming on and off all day.
im pretty happy with it but i think it could have gone the full 14 weeks if mold hadnt set in. huge either way. :hump:
lots of buds, 3 more levels full of popcorn and trim too so ill do another bubble run or add it to popcorn for more butter..

made bubble hash from the white siberian and sour ak trim and got a decent amont its drying now and looks good
i made a huge pot of cannabutter with the trim after the bubble too ill chuck up some pics when its done, it looks good.

white siberian is curing weighed in again and its around 110 grams.

IMG_5171.jpg

IMG_5175mp.jpg

IMG_5146mp.jpg

IMG_5163mp.jpg

IMG_5167mp.jpg

IMG_5165mp.jpg

the bubblehash is all dried and pressed. got 15 grams
left to right is; 75u, 25u and the one in front is a mix of both from the third run through which looked a bit lower quality.

i pressed the 75 and 25 lightly with a t press so hopefully it didnt affect potency too much just easier for storage and stocktaking.
i might do another run with the trim from the jack. once its dry.

the jack buds are nearly ready to be jarred. they filled about 7 litres worth of kilner jars. back in them tomorrow.

IMG_5204.jpg

IMG_5210MP.jpg

wow Bogie . . . fantastic looking nugs . . . and hash !!

I'm suprised you can even type lol

:48:

ha me too, there are alot of rewrites.....
cheers i must try some tonight along with some cannabutter thats nearly done.:hubba:
just jarred up the jack. its fluffy but there is a hell of a lot of it. this and the sour ak could have gone another 2 weeks IMO. id like to do the jack again sometime and give it the 14 weeks id say it could be huge(if nice).
i might buy a dehumidifier as that was my main downfall this grow.

IMG_5214mp.jpg

wow . . . I'd like to hear your method for making the hash . . . then you reused that trim over again and extracted more thc into the cannabutter?

cheers dan, im basically following the subcool method but being a bit rougher and this time i used dry(ish) trim.
i layer ice trim ice trim ice, leave for a while. i use a spaghetti spoon to mix by hand and just mix for around 45 mins on and off leaving it settle whenever i get tired and have a break with a long settle near the end.

this time i had the work bag in a separate bucket to the rest and poured the first into the bucket with the screens. drain slowly, press lightly`to dry a bit and tear up to dry for a few days. i did three runs getting rougher as i went as with hand its hard to go too far i find.
the third looked to be a tiny bit green so i kept them separate and made that third small puck from it.

then straight into making cannabutter. i think hamster lewis here said to in a thread and i did last grow and it was great. stronger taste as you need more to get the same strength as using trim or buds but it works well and i dont have enough to warrant wasting anything i can save.

i think ill make more bubble hash from the jack trim and then cook that using the cannabutter instead of normal butter to make it super strong. i will be making nicer cannabutter from some buds at some point this is just to not be wasteful. cant see a problem with recooking gently but if there is one someone tell me.

the hash on the right looks weird because it was little chunks slightly pressed together so parts are kind of sandy/chunky. i heard pressing breaks the trics and reduced potency so only did it lightly. hopefully it wasnt futile. still havent tried them yet but they look like they will knock me out anyway. ill report back with results.

im sampling the cannabutter atm and so far 16 grams of it is coming on pretty strongly after an hour.

the jack is around 67%RH and weighs 203grams. 7.25oz :holysheep:
never expected that much, especially since it was only 3 foot'ish.
two more weeks and it would have been a monster.

overall i got 373 grams of bud ignoring some popcorn still drying. that will do me a long time.

that got long...

thanks for taking the time, BMT, I appreciate it . . . +rep for the great info, and also for a pretty all-around great self-supply grow that not too many peeps checked in on . . . over 7 zip on a three footer, really top notch . . . cheers !! :peace:

thanks for the rep dan :aok: i find it handy to keep track of details even if no one checks in.
i dont really write anything down and the short term memory isnt that great atm :smoke1:

cheers rainyday, much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back