3 days of darkness before flower? 2 days of darkness before harvest?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tropical Sativa Man

Cannabis is bad BC it´s not gender-neutral
Reaction score
I´ve seen some reputed sources state that they allow their plants to sit in the dark 3 days before 12/12. And I have heard about 2 days of darkness before harvesting bud. has anyone done this? If so, would you recommend it? Why or why not? Thanks in advance.

Never Do 3 days of total dark before flipping...IMO. First why, I have never heard of that! Next, if you do that and they have sufficient water you could drown them. As soon as you hit them with light they fade and die. Once I was going on a 2 1/2 day fishing trip and thought it wold be nice to leave all lights off and not worry. When I got back I hit them with light and that is what they did. Next, a guy was gifting me a plant and he left it in the trunk of his car for a couple of days....same results.

Just my .02

Oh, alsways 2 days of total dark before harvest....that my friend is a horse of a different color.

Never Do 3 days of total dark before flipping...IMO. First why, I have never heard of that! Next, if you do that and they have sufficient water you could drown them. As soon as you hit them with light they fade and die. Once I was going on a 2 1/2 day fishing trip and thought it wold be nice to leave all lights off and not worry. When I got back I hit them with light and that is what they did. Next, a guy was gifting me a plant and he left it in the trunk of his car for a couple of days....same results.

Just my .02

Oh, alsways 2 days of total dark before harvest....that my friend is a horse of a different color.
Wow! Thanks for this. Itś in the marijuana growers bible by Jorge Cervantes. I guess some growers swear by it, but iĺl just do 12/12 :)

i for one never heard or seen anyone do any darkness before flipping to 12/12... i wouldnt but thats my opinion...

second opinion i have left plants in the dark for a week before and i have left bad harvest of plants that didnt think was worth jack **** in the dark for 1 month after cutting the lights off and giving up on them but ill be honest the 1 month darkness i thought would had been nothing when i went back down to finally clean up and there was some nugs that i gave up on dence nice buds.. i think a dark cycle is 50/50 other times i go by trichomes and chop based on colors and nature of leaves and when it dies. other times ill leave a single plant or others off for days while i chop, so idk

I just do 12/12, always have.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back