3 foot 6 inchs x 3 foot 6 inchs by 7 foot high

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hero4u2b

Reaction score
Hi everyone.. I am going to start my 2nd grow soon and in purchasing a HPS cool tube. filter combo.. would like to know how much light I need to flower.. Is a 600 watt HPS ok? my space for flowering is 3 and a half foot by 3 and a half foot by 7 foot height.. Thanks everyone. Hero

A 600 watt HPS has 87000 lumens and you have 12.25 square feet so you will have 7102 lumen per square ft. That is a more than ideal amount to grow under

Great.. Thanks.. now I am wondering if 6 plants will suffice or should I plan or 8...? Appreciate it. Hero

A 600 will rock the shiz out of that space, go for it.

how many plants you can fit depend on how long you veg for,

short veg, maybe 6, but prob 4 plants. JMO

I did 2 plants last time in that space but vegged for 2 months cuz everyone here said wait for alternating nodes.. sex ect and by the time that really happened and was noticable they were already like 2 and a half foot tall. They got huge and I had to keep moving them away from the outter walls.. I was using alot of CFL's but surprisingly they did fine although I am sure I suffered lower yeild due to the CFL's. This time I would like to do more plants and keep them lower in height. I already ordered femmed Vanilla kush..papaya..pineapple chunk,chemdog with a few freebies thrown in.. I am planning to start sometime in mid September.. after hurricane season ends here and no chance of loss of power.. Thanks Hero

hero4u2b said:
I did 2 plants last time in that space but vegged for 2 months cuz everyone here said wait for alternating nodes.. sex ect and by the time that really happened and was noticable they were already like 2 and a half foot tall. They got huge and I had to keep moving them away from the outter walls.. I was using alot of CFL's but surprisingly they did fine although I am sure I suffered lower yeild due to the CFL's. This time I would like to do more plants and keep them lower in height. I already ordered femmed Vanilla kush..papaya..pineapple chunk,chemdog with a few freebies thrown in.. I am planning to start sometime in mid September.. after hurricane season ends here and no chance of loss of power.. Thanks Hero

I hear ya Hero,

and yet another reason why clones rock, less Veg time.

Not that experienced. someday maybe. lol Thanks

Latest posts

Back