3 weeks into flowering. (red hairs)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavyfreak

Reaction score
Let it beknown I'm growing regs. While you can check out my grown journal for anymore info reguarding the plants.

Whats happening isn't a problem I just would like to know if its normal.

One of the top buds is developing red pistils. Is this typical? The other two plants are not, but the tallest one is, while the flowering is only about 3 weeks in, and Its not really that full / bushy yet.

I've read the whole 10 dollar microscope thing about checking. Is this the only real way of knowing?

heavyfreak said:
Let it beknown I'm growing regs. While you can check out my grown journal for anymore info reguarding the plants.

Whats happening isn't a problem I just would like to know if its normal.

One of the top buds is developing red pistils. Is this typical? The other two plants are not, but the tallest one is, while the flowering is only about 3 weeks in, and Its not really that full / bushy yet.

I've read the whole 10 dollar microscope thing about checking. Is this the only real way of knowing?
Whats up heavyfreak. This might be the pheno of your plant. As far as the $10 microscope goes IMO it's your best way of telling if your bud is ready for harvest. Gonna move this over to general indoor growing.

you need to the see the trichomes turn amber ...thats when pot is ready...the pistol color is not an indicator for being done

different strains show pistol colors differently....you really should get the microscope....its only a small fee to make sure your pot is ready

would you want to have invested all this time and then harvest and end up with a crappy harvest of little stone?

10-4, ohh ok. so its not the pistols its the trichomes? the thc. that makes since.! cool cool thank you thank you!

p.s my arjan haze sprouted today! whoo hoo!

Using the radio shack scope is definatly the best (IMO the only) way to find ur harvest window. The tricks don't have to be amber to harvest. different colors give different highs. The start out clear, then opaque(cloudy), then amber. Mostly amber gives a heavy, couch-lock high. Mostly opaque give more of a heady, uppity high. You can mix and match to find whats best for you. I myself harvest when there are only about 15-25% opaque trichs and the rest are amber. But like I said it's a matter or personal preference. Also...when u wait until the trichs are amber you have a smaller window to harvest. Once you notice the color trichs you want you probably have 5-10 days to harvest before it's different. From what I hear, most strains have about a 10 day harvest window.

_-*=chiefMOJOrisin=*-_

Word. Thanks again. I just downloaded like 5 gigs of growing videos! I'm gonna study tonight!

Latest posts

Back