315W CMH--> Help, Thoughts, Concerns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrPicklesCC

Reaction score
Alrighty, so my local Hydrogardens store hooked me up with a 315W LUX CMH for my 3x3 Grow Tent.

Returning and replacing the light is not really an option. But hopefully that will not be someones suggestion.

So with the 315W CMH, Can I use this for seedling, veg, and flowering as long as I am consistent with the proper light cycles and during seedling maybe back the light a bit further off as to not burn the plant

What are your guys' thoughts on this setup/light in general. I am a first time grower so the more information feedback, the better!

Thank you!

My thinking is in LED's. The only way to go.

Well that doesn't really help me now. I will definitely keep LED's in mind for later down the road though as that seems to be the preference of many. I bought this light specifically intending to only use it for a couple grows in order to learn the basics of cultivation.

BUT, I already have the 315W CMH, so anyone have experience working with a 315W CMH or similar? Power/ Wattage/ Spectrum-wise will I be okay to use this from Seedling through Veg and through Flowering?

Found this from Boo.

I've been using DE 630 and 315's for years...they are self contained with ballust and lamp...they run hot as firecrackers, at least the 630 does...these are the ceramic metal halide...the 315's kick ass in flower, the 630 is on the shelf

Latest posts

Back