33rd day of Flwer. and 5 concerns ><!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sicnarf

Reaction score
<SPAN style="COLOR: black">-soil (miracle grow)-250wHPS- 10-50-10 plant food- 5gal pot-

-soil (miracle grow)-250wHPS- 10-50-10 plant food- 5gal pot-
1plant: Health: green and happy looking as can be!

First plant grown and I have a few things that I'm concerned about (33rd day of flowering)

1. it’s a hermi. Balls keep growing back. Will my female buds still grow right and be decent weed?

2. Buds are small still (33rd day of flowering) about the diameter of my pinky finger and half inch tall (av. size of the buds). Should I expect fatter development?

3. The mother F**cker won't stop growing still (from root tips to plant top it’s almost 5 foot O_0. Top of the plant has skinny long bud/hairs. The steams get scrawnier in correlation to height. No THC crystals yet on the leaves, buds or steams ><. When to THC crystals form?

4. I'm growing in my closet. 6ft long. 2ft deep and 8 foot high ;). It opens with two sliding doors on each end. I keep them cracked a few inches but try to block the light emissions as best as possible. The fan suspended from the ceiling blows air around. An air purifier works in conjunction with the fan. Is this not enough ventilation? (I think of it this way. The fan has to be drawing air from some where and blowing it out somewhere as well...maybe the draw replaces the air completely in X amount of time)
Any remarks or answers would be priceless
Thanks for reading and as always, happy smoking.

what strain? also once a hermie always a hermie. i had one my last grow and it seeded my other 4 ladies. i thought i cut its balls off but i was wrong. there is nothing wrong with hermie smoke IMO. i wish you had some pics. you have a way to go. dont be in a hurry. if this is bagseed it could take as long as 75 days to flower. my last grow was bagseed and i flowered them for 62 days and could have went another 2 weeks. take your time. also you could have light leaks in your closet this could be the reason for your hermie.

Yes, T.B. Grunt very good insight. My closet is not 100% light proof IMO. But it's nearly light proof. I stood in it and could not even see the plant though it was right under my nose! I did see cracks of light along the seams of the door tracks. It is bag seed! I hope it don't take that long:?

sicnarf said:
Yes, T.B. Grunt very good insight. My closet is not 100% light proof IMO. But it's nearly light proof. I stood in it and could not even see the plant though it was right under my nose! I did see cracks of light along the seams of the door tracks. It is bag seed! I hope it don't take that long:?
yea cracks of light are not good. like i said my bagseed grow could have went for 75 to 80 days depending on what kind of high you are looking for. do you have a microscope to check the trichomes when the time comes? you can get one at radio shack for $10.

I have plans to get one once my "it" gets that far. Should I even bother plucking the balls anymore?

Mind if I jump in for a sec.

Those cracks of light can and will prolong your flowering period. The plant HAS to be in absolute darkness.
Ht. sounds like you have a Sativa. You may end up having to top it. They get tall. Really tall.

sup Mutt, jump in anytime bro! I think it is stavia. If I top it won't it want to repair itself, thus slowing the flowering time down? Heh, I almost just want to start over, but I've put some much care into this that I can't stop. Any suggestions to seal my closet from light and still have it venting properly? These cracks in my closet don't "shine" light in. It just looks like it glows. I have my bedroom window masked off with a sheet, so not much light is gettting in the room at all.

Black plastic man. just hang it up in front of your grow. that will reduce a lot of the light. can get a roll pretty cheap.

Don't give up. Its bud. It will smoke and get you high. You went this far finish it up. IMHO. At the very least you'll learn a little more about harvest and flowering. At the very most, you'll have some bud to smoke until your next grow. :D . Win win situation to keep it growing.

keep plucking them balls off because if they open and flower your bud will be full of hermie seed.

yeah you can pluck the balls off, they will just grow back 5 times the amount but as long as you keep doing it everytime they appear they wont release the pollen so keep plucking .

sicnarf said:
sup Mutt, jump in anytime bro! I think it is stavia. If I top it won't it want to repair itself, thus slowing the flowering time down? Heh, I almost just want to start over, but I've put some much care into this that I can't stop. Any suggestions to seal my closet from light and still have it venting properly? These cracks in my closet don't "shine" light in. It just looks like it glows. I have my bedroom window masked off with a sheet, so not much light is gettting in the room at all.
Hey sicnarf, you can very gently bend the top of the plant into a "Bow" and secure it to it's own stalk. Each day, bend it just a tad more until you have it as low as you need it. This "late" LST won't slow the plant down noticably, and won't require much healing. I've had to do this many times with fast growing stems in late flowering indoors.

Good luck to you.

Latest posts

Back