$35 DIY Cloner- Bubbler Style....What next ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smeg

Reaction score
hi guys
so i was bored the other day and made this cloner , (awesome guide btw).
i was pruning my blue cheese that where 12 days into flower and decided that there was to much crap/branches around the bottom off the plants , i used the bits for clones .... so not great clones
anyways i put them in the cloner and waited ... and waited , after 12-15 weeks i got roots , there about 3 weeks old now , Ive got rid of a few weak ones and I'm left with about 6 .

what next ?? I'm real new to this DWC / bubbler . do i take them out and make a new lid with just 6 holes , do i use net pots ? what do i do with the roots if i use net pots ? i want to keep it simple , just grow a few off theses , try out this system on a small scale first

right now there growing in my small cupboard ,under a new 200w grow light .
pics off massproducer cloner :) and the roots of my babys when i changed the water
IMG_0064.JPG IMG_0065.JPG
IMG_0289.JPG IMG_0290.JPG
thanks

When I used this kind of cloner, I transplanted them into netpots with clay pellets.
If you do this, be gentle so you dont damage the roots and make sure your clay pellets are wet, if they are dry, it can tear and damage them.

You could make a "collar" for them out of some kind of foam, like a garden kneeling pad and use this to support them while they grow on. I didnt do this myself because I didnt like the idea of that direct contact taking the weight all in one place, I preferred the clay pellets helping support the plant.

I also experimented with cutting a rockwool cube in half, soaking it and placing the cuttings roots inside the rockwool. I lost 8/10 doing this so I wouldnt recommend this method.

Overall, I was not happy with this method of rooting and went back to rockwool cubes for rooting clones, I get 99% success at turning cuttings into plants with this method opposed to about 75 witht he bubble cloner.

Green mojo W

i just made two today aswell. good luck. looks good

I would suggest making a larger DWC out of totes or 5 gal buckets. Get net pots and hydrotron.

is it ok to hot glue the airstones to the bottom?

yes tokin..but the glue seemed to not stick after a few runs...

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

4u2sm0ke said:
yes tokin..but the glue seemed to not stick after a few runs...

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

thanks!!!

Hi guys.

It's been about 10 days since I last posted , I've been looking into geeting some net pots and bukets . but a mate of mine has offered to lend me five of his `Aquafarms:cool: . I've just changed the water again in my bubbler, and took some more pictures. As you can see all the roots have knitted together, is this going to be a problem when I get my Aquafarms in five days' time, as I've said before I'm new to this and this is just an experiment. But I have to say up to now these are the best clones I've ever took they're not stretched out like my others do:D
IMG_0296.JPG IMG_0297.JPG
IMG_0299.JPG IMG_0298.JPG

Thanks
smeg

Gently work the roots apart. I would do this every 2 days until you get the Aquafarms.

Latest posts

Back