4 days without light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flight175

Reaction score
heey mar passion peeps. i'm going away from my place for 4 days and won't be able to attend to my plants. do you think my plants would be okay without light for 4 days? they dry up soo fast in my closet grow room which gets to 85 degrees and I don't trust keeping them in there. I want to just water them tons and keep them in the dark for the 4 days i'm gone cus I know they won't run out of water that way. would this hurt my plants?

Well if there in the veg stage then you could leave them in there with the light on the whole time but then again 4 days is a long time.

IMHO leaving the light off for 4 days straight can cause stress on your plants and may turn them HERMIE. :eek:

arg:( I definately don't want hermies specially after all this hard work. I only have like 5 or 6 weeks left of flowering to go. its a risk i'm considering though because I don't want to come home to completely dried up and dead plants.

flight175 said:
arg:( I definately don't want hermies specially after all this hard work. I only have like 5 or 6 weeks left of flowering to go. its a risk i'm considering though because I don't want to come home to completely dried up and dead plants.
The only thing that i can think of is maybe put a bowl of water under each pot so they can drink the water up why you are away. It's the only thing i can think of.

Thanks for the help TBG! I actually went ahead and ordered these http://www.deerbusters.com/too-1008.html 4 packs of them. that way I can put like 3 bottles in each pot to ensure that they don't dry out. each pot goes through atleast two liters of water a day. I'm going to use those and do the bowl under the pot thing too, with wicks going through the holes in the bottoms sucking water through them. hopefully that works!

I would just be realy sad to see my babies dry out :(

No no no... flight... the only thing u need to do is this...

Everyone up my way does the same thing... because of power outages and/or bad weather. If say.. we have a snowstorm.. and power is flickering a lot... we dont want our hps bulb or ballast to die... so she gets shut off... and all u need is any sort of light to keep the girls from getting dark... a normal room light.. a trouble light from any hardware store... anything to keep the light on them... hell.. a 1 foot flouro u can get from walmart for $5 is enough... just keep the lights on... they won't be growing bigger while ur gone... but they won't be near as stressed as shuttin the lights off.

KADE said:
No no no... flight... the only thing u need to do is this...

Everyone up my way does the same thing... because of power outages and/or bad weather. If say.. we have a snowstorm.. and power is flickering a lot... we dont want our hps bulb or ballast to die... so she gets shut off... and all u need is any sort of light to keep the girls from getting dark... a normal room light.. a trouble light from any hardware store... anything to keep the light on them... hell.. a 1 foot flouro u can get from walmart for $5 is enough... just keep the lights on... they won't be growing bigger while ur gone... but they won't be near as stressed as shuttin the lights off.

hell yea kade! that's what I wanna hear! i'll just put like a little 20 watt flo on them 12/12. this is great news. :aok:

Or you could set up the wick system.

I remember once on the north coast when the power was out for a good for or five days. We had one of those coleman lanterns, the flouro types, in the room the whole time. Like KADE said, even low levels oflight are enough to make it know there is stilll a cycle going on.

I would still figure out a way to water them though.

Darn biff, We had one of those last winter, thankfully before we started growing, now I don't dread a reaccurance Thanx!!!!!!!

Yup. Just as it takes barely any light to tghrow them into herm, it takes very little to keep them well grounded, at least for a while.

Plus the coleman lantern will create co2....

It was a flouro one. I didn't think about that with the gas ones though.

As long as it isn't diesel fuel it creates co2.

haha well no if they did we'd be set tho! A "coleman lantern" typically uses fuel.. wait.. no.. times are changing... I'll say... Traditionally uses fuel =) most of the time it is a kerosene or diesel mixture.

Yup, the old "White gas". I was looking for a link to this one, it was a really bright one that was square and took two big lantern batteries. I could only find the smaller, round ones.

Latest posts

Back