4 strains its showtime day one

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry 1st pic has lots 2nd has few

stoned again,...........

pkj

crunchy is not funny gdg

roflmao

updated picces

enjoy everyone 5 plants left to trim should have done it this evening but circumtances beyond my control didnt allow.....

pkj

Hey dude, sorry about the mites, my worst nightmare.

I spray weekly (until the last two weeks) with a mixture of neem/Dr. Bronner peppermint, dilute in a sprayer, it keeps
'em from getting established.

After they're there from what I have read you will need chemicals. How soon from harvest are you?

The hydro stuff? Sheeeee, now it's easy bro. I was all obsessive about that stuff until I started using PH buffered nutes. The res evens out a lot of the drift. Really most nights I just hang out in there and do nothing hee hee...

3 weeks from harvest on 9th may but as had mite probs allow maybe another week but still getting pk 13/14 from 9th for 7 days then back to feed schedule.

hydro ive done nft, ebb and flood, dripper the whole lot but favoured drain to waste.

still all shit

rofl

pkj

Yeah sorry to hear about those dang mites, good job on your grow though.

So you do not like hydro huh...Did you have some bad experiences or something?

just didnt trust anything to automation due to all my friends having blocked/clooged lines, cf drifts every other day, under watering/over watering and constant adjustment as plants need more feedsing as they get bigger.yeh i know its catch 22 but with hand watering i can be in total control.cept for them creepy little bastards called mites..

lol

under control no ill effects on plants trimmed now showing fresh growth after being trimmed back to deaths door more or less.

pkj

Whats up pj. It's gonna be a nice harvest by the looks of things. I noticed you have no fan leaves. What do you do trim them all off? Great grow pj.

yeh had spider mites so to get some sort of control trimmed every fan leaf off and sprayed/misted now i have some sort of prob with curling/burnt looking leaves maybe 100+f temps or transpiration probs due to spraying with spider mite control.

anyway shit happens and usually to me.........

lol

pkj

>hydro ive done nft, ebb and flood, dripper the whole lot but favoured drain to waste.

still all shit<

Ahhhhermm...well dude, machinery is no substitute for attention no matter what system you use.

I use good quality tools and it has held up really well. I have had some learning lessons, but I figure that is just the process.

My feeling is that it is cool to stick with what works, but I would not bag on alt methods that worked well for other people.

There's this whole 'soil vs. hydro' thing here in my community (most from the Soilers) I find vaguely annoying, given that I made most of my equipment and have the opportunity to regularly check what I grow vs very nice organic herb.

I think using Hydro works very well. I think the yield is incredible for the space you use. You can correct nuting errors very quickly.

I probably spend a few minutes a night checking the equipment but dude, that's it.

Those are some beautiful lookin plants man, nothin like nice little bushes covered in buds ;)

the top picture plants are 2.5ft high the two pics below are 4 weeks in flower of 8 week strains are 18" - 2' high

ps i trim all excess lower branches cos i hate trimming popcorn bud only do rock hard nuggets....

lol

pkj

parkingjoe said:
the top picture plants are 2.5ft high the two pics below are 4 weeks in flower of 8 week strains are 18" - 2' high. i trim all excess lower branches cos i hate trimming popcorn bud only do rock hard nuggets...
Looking nice man.Many times over the years, I've been tempted to trim all the sun leaf from a plant and see if it would live through it. I've never done it for fear that it would kill my plant. How well do they grow after your trimming? Do you notice a lot of difference? Very interesting.

stoneybud........erm where do i start..

firstly i have always trimmed fan leaves off in fact any leaf that blocks any light from penetrating the lower branches...

as my lights dont mimic the sun they suffer from lower penetration.

secondly i trimmed excessively this time as i had spider mite problem and more leaves more pests so off with the lot.

has slowed plants down as sprayed with stuff that suffocates bugs thus transpiration was nil so plants set back but now not one mite and recovering well..

never ever had probs trimming leaves but may have shot myself in the foot with yeilds lower than expected dont know nothing to compare with scenario.

grow back very fast if no other probs such as pests etc..

everyone says dont touch but humidity probs caused me to do it 1st time less leaves less transpiration.

problem sorted.

its a wait and see thing as no mites or eggs so hopefully shall see on final yeild.

now its my hate of trimming popcorn dont do it so just have nice easy job at harvest time..

lol

pkj

week 7 of 8 week strains so post pics tonight and check other threads

looking good folks

pkj

parkingjoe said:
now its my hate of trimming popcorn dont do it so just have nice easy job at harvest time..
I can relate to that man. I don't like harvesting at all. It's nice to see it finished each time.

Latest posts

Back