4 weeks into flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tallslim

Reaction score
these are my plants at four weeks into flowering. the pic with the five tops is one plant.

DSC01448.JPG

DSC01441.JPG

DSC01442.JPG

DSC01452.JPG

DSC01450.JPG

DSC01459.JPG

lookin great dude

edit:
I was lookin at your previous posts. Wow dude, you came a long way fast. Great job man, great job. two thumbs up.

WOW. now thats what i'm talkin about. grrrrrrreat job. you have come along way to this point and its only gonna get better. keep those pics coming and keep your green thumb green.
fing10.gif

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
WOW. now thats what i'm talkin about. grrrrrrreat job. you have come along way to this point and its only gonna get better. keep those pics coming and keep your green thumb green.
fing10.gif
Now those are the plants I was talking about...heres mine.

72035985_224968797_0.jpg

72036475_224970452_0.jpg

72036724_224971298_0.jpg

72036210_224969563_0.jpg

72036960_224972087_0.jpg

GreenDayGirl, you have some really nice looking plants. What strain are they.

dont worry about that diffrent strain diffrent yeild.i though mines were slow comared to the other pics ,but its all about the strains ,and how well you keep it .have you ever treid 14/24 on the last two weeks. i been growing for 10 years and i been getting massive yeilds from that.i always flush it 3 weeks before harvest,so it can burn a white grey ash,thats when you can really taste the sweet aroma at its best

flipmode said:
dont worry about that diffrent strain diffrent yeild.i though mines were slow comared to the other pics ,but its all about the strains ,and how well you keep it .have you ever treid 14/24 on the last two weeks. i been growing for 10 years and i been getting massive yeilds from that.i always flush it 3 weeks before harvest,so it can burn a white grey ash,thats when you can really taste the sweet aroma at its best
Ok, I've been smoking for about 20+ years but I've just started growing so forgive me for asking what is "flushing" them 3 weeks before harvest, cause thats where I'm at this week. I've only smoked this strain (Flo) as a finished product and my buddy didn't do that great of a job, real soft & fluffy with not a lot of legs, I'm trying to do better.

GreenDayGirl said:
what is "flushing" them 3 weeks before harvest,

Flushing:
take the plant to the tub. for every gallon of pot size run 2-3 gallons of water through the soil slowly. let it drain well. so if its a five gallon pot. then 10-15 gallons of water. You want the water coming out of the bottom clear. not brown. (brown is all the salt and fertilizer build-up). This will make it so no fertlizer are in the bud come harvest time. If there is left over ferts. it makes the bud smoke harsh.
It messy, and takes a while.

Another time this is done, is when the plant was over-fertilized to save it.

Mutt said:
Flushing:
take the plant to the tub. for every gallon of pot size run 2-3 gallons of water through the soil slowly. let it drain well. so if its a five gallon pot. then 10-15 gallons of water. You want the water coming out of the bottom clear. not brown. (brown is all the salt and fertilizer build-up). This will make it so no fertlizer are in the bud come harvest time. If there is left over ferts. it makes the bud smoke harsh.
It messy, and takes a while.

Another time this is done, is when the plant was over-fertilized to save it.
Yea! Sounds like a job to do while the kids are away...will they be ok if I wait until the week end? Do you think its nessesary or just a preference? Because I'm growing this crop for personal and I want to make it the best smoke I can. PS: Good Morning!

should do it know if your three weeks away ,those couple of days ,with diffently matter to the buds ,every day takes a certain percentage of fertilizer ,21 days for a full flush,unless you start you three weeks at the end of the week

flipmode said:
should do it know if your three weeks away ,those couple of days ,with diffently matter to the buds ,every day takes a certain percentage of fertilizer ,21 days for a full flush,unless you start you three weeks at the end of the week
Is it ok to hang them at 7 weeks instead of 6? I don't want to lose potencey, ya know?

yes, be sure not to havest to early,my policy ,is to wait until your outer fan all turn leaves turn yellow,when that happens. its diffently time to havest,remeber dont to early,there still another 25% of bud growth in those last 2 weeks,usualy people wait untill the red hairs are 50% i wait until 75% never let it go to 100

flipmode said:
yes, be sure not to havest to early,my policy ,is to wait until your outer fan all turn leaves turn yellow,when that happens. its diffently time to havest,remeber dont to early,there still another 25% of bud growth in those last 2 weeks,usualy people wait untill the red hairs are 50% i wait until 75% never let it go to 100
What happens at 100%?

Harvesting mj plants by the color of the hairs gives you "guessing" results at best. The most accurate way to harvest is the trichrome method. For this you need a good magnifying glass or jewlers loupe of some sort. Don't worry about the fan leaves falling off, thats natural at the end of the flowering. Don't worry about the color of the hairs on the bud. The only thing that matters at that point are the trichs/crystals.

PS Great lookin plants tallslim! :D

whentoharvest.jpg

Insane said:
Harvesting mj plants by the color of the hairs gives you "guessing" results at best. The most accurate way to harvest is the trichrome method. For this you need a good magnifying glass or jewlers loupe of some sort. Don't worry about the fan leaves falling off, thats natural at the end of the flowering. Don't worry about the color of the hairs on the bud. The only thing that matters at that point are the trichs/crystals.

PS Great lookin plants tallslim! :D
Ok, are the "crystals the resin?

Yes the crystal are the resin. I bought a microscope at Radioshack for about ten dollars. In my opinion, it's the best tool. It's 60x-100x.

DSC01468.JPG

Latest posts

Back