400w HPS bulbs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shuggy4105

The grass is greener...
Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals:)
Just a heads up about ordering bulbs online for our HID fixtures...
There`s a lot of crap out there claiming to be dual spectrum and longer lasting with extra wattage etc. in fact, some unscrupulous tradesmen will fob you off with the standard or even poorly manufactured bulbs of vastly inferior output.
This happened to me quite some time ago when I ordered a bulb with the added blue spectrum which set me back a fair few pounds£, but received a very basic HPS bulb instead. I could see with my bare eyes it was of inferior lumen output but thought maybe it was something to do with the new spectrum:rolleyes: so kept using it up until week three of flower when the buds were not developing to their usual potential. Swapped back to my Osram and they packed on weight immediately.
Moral of the story is always do research, read reviews if buying online and make sure you`re lighting supplier has a reputation for quality products and customer satisfaction, BEFORE you realise at harvest time that the light you were running has been costing you quality and quantity.

Latest posts

Back