400w HPS issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_riz

Reaction score
Hey guys :)

I went to turn my HPS on thismorning and the thing flickered blue at me for about 4 minutes. Its ok now, sorted itself out but it makes me worred about leaving it for any period of time.

I was just wondering whats the average life for these? i mean this ones only at the end of its 2nd grow and i figured it would last for at least 3 or 4?

thanks for any help

the_riz said:
Hey guys :)

I went to turn my HPS on thismorning and the thing flickered blue at me for about 4 minutes. Its ok now, sorted itself out but it makes me worred about leaving it for any period of time.

I was just wondering whats the average life for these? i mean this ones only at the end of its 2nd grow and i figured it would last for at least 3 or 4?

thanks for any help

I get 3-4 before I change the bulb. Ballast should last much longer.

Thanks man, thats what i thought.. anyone think this could mean its close to death? if so, what should i expect? the same as a blown housebulb i hope..

Thanks for the help guys, i guess it could be the bulb on the way out then still seems fine now. I know my ballast is fine :)

Latest posts

Back