400W MH/HPS Space Question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankpeterson

Proffessor
Reaction score
We like the 400w MH and are going with it next time around vedge. We also like the 400 hps and will continue to use that. Quick Question, how many plants maximum can go under 1 400w MH/HPS? 5 - 6000 lumens per plant or something right?

I only have 5 plants under mine because I don't plan on flowering anytime soon. So I expect my plants to take up the horizontal room. Two have been topped and one is going through an LST.

So it all depends on your space, your plants, and how you are growing. But damn I have never seen plants from seed to vegg grow like they do under a MH.

I bet you could do about 8 plants and turn out ok. Might want some added light to reach the lower branches though.

frankpeterson said:
We like the 400w MH and are going with it next time around vedge. We also like the 400 hps and will continue to use that. Quick Question, how many plants maximum can go under 1 400w MH/HPS? 5 - 6000 lumens per plant or something right?
"5 - 6000 lumens per plant or something right?"....per sq. ft. frank..

Thank You. 8 Minimum, will be doing LST this time around space is not an issue, yet.

Latest posts

Back