400Watt Closet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What size T5 did you get? Did you get high output? I love T5s--they are my choice for vegging.

The Hemp Goddess said:
What size T5 did you get? Did you get high output? I love T5s--they are my choice for vegging.

I'm so excited to use them to Veg....only my first grow but wasn't a fan of the MH. I got a 4 foot 6 tube high output. No idea what kind of lumens I can expect..

Can I veg a few short chunky mothers and clones under this? Like 6?

Probably 30,000 lumens. If they are 54W tubes they put out 5,000 lumens each.

Yes, you can veg a few moms and clones under this. How much space are you putting this light in? It will do 10 sq ft @ 3000 lumens per sq ft. That is most likely enough room for 6 plants as long as you do not let the moms get too big. I personally do not keep moms--I simply do not have enough space. I take clones from clones.

The Hemp Goddess said:

Yes, you can veg a few moms and clones under this. How much space are you putting this light in? It will do 10 sq ft @ 3000 lumens per sq ft. That is most likely enough room for 6 plants as long as you do not let the moms get too big. I personally do not keep moms--I simply do not have enough space. I take clones from clones.

I love that idea and was actually wondering...is cloning clones and alternative to keeping mothers? Thanks for the reassurance. The room is roughly 9 square feet. Not at home to measure...

Ready to get this thing moving...to do that I need the auto to Finnish and the veg closet in motion. Oh...and I need to BlACK out the flower room. Something I haven't done yet.

Thanks HG

Skool said:
I hope there are going to be lots of pictures

Sure will man. I'll get some new ones up later this week. Hopefully of some clones...

Well bad news. The t5 arrived and didn't fit my space so I have to find a different one....and my clone iSnt looking too hot. I'll update pictures tomorrow. Picked the best branch, dipped the clone in rooting gel, warm soil...plastic dome. It was keeled over within a few hours. Maybe it will come back ? Could this be lack of humidy or what?

Ppictures tomorrow

It's common for them to bend over for the first day or so after being cut. In time it'll recover.

It sounds like you got an air embollism. I always cut, stick them in water, do a final cut underwater..........then into rooting hormone. You should use a sharp sterile razor blade, I always use a humidity done, also.

I never root in soil, so don't know if soil quality makes a difference.

I will try that in a few days for sure. Almost gave up on her but is now showing signs of coming back to life. Will this stress effect her in the long run?

Also. Im anxious to throw it in my closet with the others under the 400W..where it was before being cut. The humidity in there is around 20%. Leave it under the dome a little longer?

Hello- some pictures to post.

Re: the ones of the room itself-

The fan in the bottom (240-260cfm) of the closet is boosting the ceiling exhaust fan (400cfm) which I leave running all the time now. Definitely glad that was recommended to me by THG...yes the room was cool enough, and there was even some forced exhaust from around the doors, but there is a huge difference in the plants just by having constant air exchange. NOT an area to skimp people. I always say listen to your plants...they told me this change made them very happy.

The Auto is sucking up quite a bit of water. I do a 1/2 gal about every three days. And I'm feeding her with every watering...BIO BUD (.5, .1, 1) I mix a light feeding. I'm also top dressing the happy frog (light feeding dose) about every 2 weeks. Shes now 5 weeks old and the WW 4. WW drinks a big drink about every 4-5 days with little ones in between. Same feeding schedule...I do realize the bio bud is a flowering feed, but I have used it anyway during WW veg.

Did not include pictures of the clone because its looking kind of sad right now...but slowly picking her head up. We'll see.

The two little sprouts are the ONLY 2 Frieze seeds I have. Man I need some mojo on those baby's. Cmon mama.

Definitely limited by space. The addition of this T5 in a separate room will help a little. Dying to start my Amnesia seed...that strain any good? Also going to gain some area buy switching to grow bags. What size grow bag is recommended. Id like to flower 4 at a time here...kept small and trained for sure.

Thanks a bunch for any words. :icon_smile:

IMG_2715.JPG

IMG_2719.JPG

IMG_2722.JPG

IMG_2721.JPG

IMG_2718.JPG

That one gal is getting fat dude, nice work.

The 3 Gallon growbag seems to be very popular, im thinking of switching to grow bags myself, i just havent been convinced yet.

The Hemp Goddess said:

looks good there farm...
i heard long ago that you cant keep cloning clones for to long...myth??

I think all of us that grow have heard that you will get degradation if you continually take clones from clones.....however in real life, this does not seem to be the case. I have a cross made by a friend of a friend (LOL--you know how those things go) that I have had going for several years now. Many others here have taken clones from clones for many,many generations.

Can I continue to top by topping the new tops from my first trim, as well as topping other tops or branches that are around the height of my main two tops?

Basically can I just top the heck out of her? Shes like 4-5 weeks into Veg. Majorly compact and bushy.

Thanks

Yes. Topping and FIMM'ing slow upward growth and encourages outward growth. I topped and FIMMed my female 3 or 4 times and now she is a giant bushmonster. Believe she was vegged for a little over 7 weeks, though.

getnasty said:
Yes. Topping and FIMM'ing slow upward growth and encourages outward growth. I topped and FIMMed my female 3 or 4 times and now she is a giant bushmonster. Believe she was vegged for a little over 7 weeks, though.

Sounds good Nasty. She will be veged about 7 weeks by the time all is said and done. Waiting on this Auto to finish..then Gonna flip her. Tonight I'll top her a few more times..:both the new tops and some of the lower growth.

With this auto...how can I tell when she's done? I know it's when a certain percent of the Trics are ambered...but this is my first grow. Is there an easier way? Don't wanna short change myself, but also wanna get her chopped ASAP. The Auto sprouted 4/1. I'll update photos later.

:icon_smile:

There is really no way to tell when a plant is ready without checking the trichs. Pick up a small 30x hand microscope or jeweller's loupe.

If the auto sprouted 4-1, I am guessing that you have several weeks at least.

Farm, read thru the grow journal. Glad things are green and happy for you!

Is this WW freebie from G13 labs by chance?

FarmToTable said:
How can I maximize this small space?
:smoke1: Aloha Farm To~

I luv ur lil set up and ur ladies look great! I have never done this type of grow before and am very interested in watching ur progress and grabbin' some helpful hints from you along the way.

I just wanted to mention that I have Cervantes' Indoor Growing book and it specifically has like 20 or 30 different room configurations with special (or is it spatial :)) considerations for indoor growing's limitations at times. Also MP has a section here that is dedicated to room set ups, etc. Great ideas in there too.

They look great :icon_smile: , much GREEN MOJO brah~

Latest posts

Back