48hrs of darkness before harvest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to ask a question about creasing branches or drilling a hole in the trunk of plant to increase or boost resin production?
if by 'creasing branches' you mean supercropping, that is good for leveling your canopy height but i have never noticed an increase in bud size(which some people report) or resin production(which i have not heard of). drilling holes in the trunk? no. there is a lot of misinformation out there. don't fall for it. grow healthy plants and you will get nice yields and nice smoke/vapor/edibles. get a few grows under your belt before you start trying anything whacky...

if by 'creasing branches' you mean supercropping, that is good for leveling your canopy height but i have never noticed an increase in bud size(which some people report) or resin production(which i have not heard of). drilling holes in the trunk? no. there is a lot of misinformation out there. don't fall for it. grow healthy plants and you will get nice yields and nice smoke/vapor/edibles. get a few grows under your belt before you start trying anything whacky...
I second that, sure watch a few tutorials on super cropping Kyle kushman is my favorite teacher/instructor on said subject.but I would def not drill a hole in it.and as far as a 24-48 hr dark period before harvesting I don't do it.i have multiple times and I haven't multiple times and I have never seen a difference bro.just food for thought.yo,you can check my current grow journal here, it's called (Back in the saddle again) any and all questions are welcome.happy growing to ya bro.

I would like to ask a question about creasing branches or drilling a hole in the trunk of plant to increase or boost resin production?
NO, why would you think that would help? Oh, i know you heard stressing the plant makes better weed? Maybe but don't drill a hole in your plants, please. When they talk about low or high stress training, that is not what they mean.

Attachments

• Resized_20180330_180852.jpeg
    Resized_20180330_180852.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Resized_20180330_180922.jpeg
    Resized_20180330_180922.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 48
not the best thing to do. So you had already done it before you asked us? Apologize to the plant and see if it lives. Please tell me where you got this idea?

I, first off didn't ask. I've been growing for awhile and I don't sit around and only read, I do experiments of my own to come to my own conclusions, I was just sharing the fact that I had already tried it.

You want me to apologize to my plant that was harvest like 4 years ago? Lol, yeah, she isn't still living, I killed her on purpose. Don't we all?

And the idea has been around for a long time. I read about it, well, like 4 years ago.

I can not see how drilling a hole threw your stalk is going to do anything but cause it problems with disease and bugs. Kinda like drilling a hole in a perfectly good pipe and pluging it to stop the leak.
I dont get it. If i drill a big hole in my Apple tree,,it might not kill it,,but it dang sure isnt going to help it grow fruit.🤔

The premise is to do it 7-10 days before harvest (like some do flushes) to stress it out before harvesting. So, yeah, not long enough to cause any problems.

I am the kind of person that if I see different opinions on something, well hell, I will just try it myself to come to my own conclusions. It's fun and educational, I highly recommend it!

not the best thing to do. So you had already done it before you asked us? Apologize to the plant and see if it lives. Please tell me where you got this idea?

I’m afraid to ask some of you guys anything, you’re just too smart for some of us. I think I’d rather just let them die than bounce around to multiple boards trying to get answer without all the condescending retorts.

I’ve been going to various forum and message board communities for at least 20 years. Golf, college football and hoops, Cubs baseball, musical gear like guitars, mandolins, and fiddles, military scale modeling, and of course cannabis growing, and I must say, weed growing forums are easily the rudest and most condescending. I thought those snobs over at MandolinCafe were tough. They’re even worse than the fiddle nerds, but they can’t touch you guys. MP is not the worst but you guys are a carrier for sure.

Apologize to the plant, seriously? I guess one must be very keen on becoming a good grower, and bring their A-game when they want to learn something.

I just drilled a hole in my tomato plant,,poor sucker died very quickly. He took one for the team.
😁
Dang Ram40ut,,thats a lot of forums Bro. I gets to high to remember that many passwords.😜🤔😁
Might want to try the Misfits Thread. They will welcome you and probably give you a big hug. They are stoners for sure.🙊🙉🙈

I just drilled a hole in my tomato plant,,poor sucker died very quickly. He took one for the team.
😁
Dang Ram40ut,,thats a lot of forums Bro. I gets to high to remember that many passwords.😜🤔😁
Might want to try the Misfits Thread. They will welcome you and probably give you a big hug. They are stoners for sure.🙊🙉🙈

I’m higher than a giraffes ass meself mate!

I apologize to my plants when I whack them and hang them upside down ! LOL

Been there, done that.

48 hours of darkness prior to the chop is a waste of time. Give your plants a once a week dose of flowering nutes in 12/12, will do more for potency then wasting 48 hours.

Been there, done that.

48 hours of darkness prior to the chop is a waste of time. Give your plants a once a week dose of flowering nutes in 12/12, will do more for potency then wasting 48 hours.

I’m not sure I follow. Are you saying give them nutes once a week during flower?

yes, water once a week, also give nutes once a week.

I've had my best results following that simple approach. A good 48 hours between giving the plants anything. But I've used 5 and 7 gallon smart pots in the past.

This run I'm using THREE gallon smart pots, seems I gotta water or nute my plants every 36 hours, due to the smaller smart pots.

I've had my best results following that simple approach. A good 48 hours between giving the plants anything. But I've used 5 and 7 gallon smart pots in the past.

This run I'm using THREE gallon smart pots, seems I gotta water or nute my plants every 36 hours, due to the smaller smart pots.

Cool, good stuff!

I’ve always used 3 gallon pots and this grow I’m using smart pots. I’ve noticed I need to water them more.

Same here. 3 gallon pots and i water or feed when the pots feel light and dry.
And yes im up early. Couldnt sleep,,besides im asleep by 9pm.😴😁

Latest posts

Back