4th of July fun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dutch is so close he's touching me everywhere I go...I was outside watching the boomers and realized he's trying to get under the bed...poor guy, I shoulda stayed with him before they started...now I have no choice, it's the two of us on the floor listening to loud music...
Any night on the floor with him is better than not on the floor without him ....

Some evil person from my younger days used to stab a parallel slit into a cigarette after he'd lit it and fed the fuse from an M80 through it. Made for a great time delay fuse when you tucked one under the sink in the bar's shithouse. Made for a good ear ringer.

Some evil person from my younger days used to stab a parallel slit into a cigarette after he'd lit it and fed the fuse from an M80 through it. Made for a great time delay fuse when you tucked one under the sink in the bar's shithouse. Made for a good ear ringer.
You Evil Focker , I love it
I did the same only in a teaching center and porcelain was involved too

Back when I could get cherry bombs, we'd upend my cannon after putting in the gunpowder. Then we'd put a cherry bomb wrapped in coils of solder (to make it heavy) and drop it fuse down into the bore of the cannon. Then came the wadding.

Fired the cannon. It takes so long for the fuse to burn down that some folks would turn away, thinking it won't work...

...then, about a thousand or more feet up: ({{*BOOM*}}] EVER kewl.

Never got an airplane with the solder shrapnel, though.

Last day after school but before it was locked up, we made up some ammonium tri-iodide in the Chemistry Lab in our Junior year.

Y'all knew them as poppers as kids. Put a paper saturated with the stuff under a chair leg. Sumbody sits down in the chair: *CRACK* Or you could just throw one on the sidewalk for a lovely bang.

Anyway, we had a really big batch mixed when our lookout comes running in with, "Chickee!! The Warden!!" So we quick-quick dumped our batch into the sink at the experiment table and ran out casually.

This led to a really strange sequence of events. For two months over summer vacation, the ammonium tri-iodide slowly drained out of the pipes that ran along the Chem Lab baseboard. In doing so, it left a perfectly uniform coating of the dried chemical all inside the pipe.

Here comes the floor-waxer dude about two days before the school opened. Eventually, he just bumped into the pipe with his waxer as he worked.

It blew out thirty feet of pipe.

They never caught the miscreants. I dunno if they ever even figgered out whut hoppen.

Latest posts

Back