5 gallon bucket?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingtut

Reaction score
Hey folks, I had a question for ya. I was chillin with a homie, just shootin around some words and came across the idea of puttin 2 plants per 5 gallon buket. Would they be getting enough nutes? If so, would 9 of those be good in a 3X3X8 under a 600? Do you think that once they blew up during mid growth they would shade each other out? Would trimming below the 2nd node maintain hormones to the kola? Thanks guys! Just experimenting in thought..

Anythings possible. But I would not do 2 per bucket. Also 9 buckets for a 600, nope. Re think game plan.

They would get enough nutes, you'd just have to feed twice as often.

The main problem with multiple plants in one container is disease--what happens if one plant goes down on you? Yep, they generally both will croak.

You could maybe, just maybe, get (9) 5 gallon buckets in that space. What happens when they blow up? If you did get them in there, there would be no room for you--and, yeah, you'll wanna get in there.

One 600 should be ample lighting for 3X3 though.

I lollipop hell outta my stuff and have yet to see any issues besides Botrytis. I don't traffic in pop-corn, so I loose all that crap as I see it.

Good luck with it. You're doing the plotting and planning now and that'll save in the heartache department when you start this monster grow up. Peace.

I do 1 plant per 5 gallon container. 2 plants in the same pot is not a good idea, plants, like pets, and people, are different...one, even from the same strain, will not be exactly like the other. So some plants will have different needs than others. When 2 are in the same pot, if 1 is healthy and th other needs magnesium..one is going to get too much. I'd stick to 1 plant per pot.

There is really no good reason to put 2 plants in 1 pot. The thing to realize is that more plants DO NOT mean more bud. Your 600W light in a 3 x 3 room is going to produce x number of grams of bud, regardless of whether you have 4 nice size plants or whether you cram 9-18 plants in there.

The Hemp Goddess said:
There is really no good reason to put 2 plants in 1 pot. The thing to realize is that more plants DO NOT mean more bud. Your 600W light in a 3 x 3 room is going to produce x number of grams of bud, regardless of whether you have 4 nice size plants or whether you cram 9-18 plants in there.

Great advice!

Do these same rules apply when dealing with hydro and large net-pots?

thank you guys for some feedback, i had the same ideas as a drawback, i wouldn't expect too many hickups, but 1/bucket was my thought on maintaining the best possible health per plant.

since it's gonna be a 3x3, maybe a 4x4 if i fit it in the space, i won't need to be climbin around in there, i have pretty damn long arms that can reach quite a distance, typically don't have an issue sneakin around 2 or 3 rows of plants with a cup o water :p whatever i decide to embark on (either the 3x3 or 4x4) i'll be doin 5 gallon bukts 2/3 soil 1/3 coir in a perfect square, filling the tent with either 9 (3x3) or 16 (4x4) bux. i'm gonna keep em trimmed toward the bottom to get them kolas suckin up all the nutes. with a 600 runnin in there, i won't have any issue with light or over crowding with the same 9 or 16 clones of reclining buddah. clone-10-14day, veg 2 wk, flower 10wk BOOM

Latest posts

Back