5 gallon micro-brewer DIY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one just like that, works great...

I have both 1 1/2" and 2" and the 2" worked better for me. I used white PVC schedule 40. We have that stuff in all our hardware/home improvement stores. Check with irrigation stores also, used in all our sprinkler systems from yards to football fields.

Just my 2 sheckles, I'd use schedule 80. Schedule 40 is only good to 80*F to would be like 27*C

I use a pump in my aero boxes and I run a live res. -- 396 gph filtered pump in one those 35 gallon black grow boxes with the yellow checkerboard top -- When the pump comes on I make it rain in that box !-- I use an air stone and aquarium pump to move fresh air thru the box !-- It gets plenty oxygenated when it sprays !-- I'm watch what ya'll doing with this tea !- That voodoo juice I was using works great but is expensive !-- I plan to keep cloning and growing young plants in my aero boxes -- Trying to keep an open mind on what I'll do in Veg and Bloom !-- Maybe drip and drain or that pro mix like Umbra uses ?-- Any suggestions about a modest production set up ?

I have both 1 1/2" and 2" and the 2" worked better for me. I used white PVC schedule 40. We have that stuff in all our hardware/home improvement stores. Check with irrigation stores also, used in all our sprinkler systems from yards to football fields.

Home Hardware
Home Depot
Canadian Tire
Electrical & Plumbing Store
Lowes

really, name your price

I use a pump in my aero boxes and I run a live res. -- 396 gph filtered pump in one those 35 gallon black grow boxes with the yellow checkerboard top -- When the pump comes on I make it rain in that box !-- I use an air stone and aquarium pump to move fresh air thru the box !-- It gets plenty oxygenated when it sprays !-- I'm watch what ya'll doing with this tea !- That voodoo juice I was using works great but is expensive !-- I plan to keep cloning and growing young plants in my aero boxes -- Trying to keep an open mind on what I'll do in Veg and Bloom !-- Maybe drip and drain or that pro mix like Umbra uses ?-- Any suggestions about a modest production set up ?

Damn it, Keef, you CAN'T use a pump in a brewer. You do nasty things to the troops.

Last edited:
anybody! add in the postage to central ontario and name your price...
2" preferably, don't glue nuthin, just send the plastic, (I have hose and pump)

They don't seem to mind Pappy !-- I can run a whole 2 month bloom cycle without a res change -- only pH and top off !-- I could brew that tea in one my boxes !-- That pump assembly go in the box !
20180913_121239.jpg

They don't seem to mind Pappy !-- I can run a whole 2 month bloom cycle without a res change -- only pH and top off !-- I could brew that tea in one my boxes !-- That pump assembly go in the box !View attachment 250318

I would never get away with that. I have this poltergeist in here who likes to mess with me. It's 3:30 am and I just woke up... I go downstairs and the ******* lights are off and I hear a relay buzzing and the little bastard giggling behind the furnace.

Oh I didn't even mention cpvc or the correct adhesive, lol

There's that temperature thing again... I never measured, do these brews heat up or something?
I'd be more concerned that it was HDPE but I'd think it's "food grade" if it's used for plumbing.
Don't be not mentioning stuff, Umbra. My 'substitute parts' brewer would have been a microbe machinator

I don't glue my PVC together for my Spray manifold !-- I think ya'll making too big a deal about a pump chewing up microbes !-- I use that voodoo juice as an inoculate and plan to use the tea the same way !--When I start a new box I add a colony of good microbes -- They'll live and thrive in my boxes -- If any are getting chewed up by the pump they reproducing much faster than they die !-- I got close to a dozen of those aero boxes and they work well but still have some problems !-- I have to keep the plants small or they fall over as they develop and get top heavy - I have to open the boxes to change the filters and check nute water levels - One thing I do like about it is the automation -- I don't have to water or feed - With all the water enclosed I don't have to worry much about humidity control -- So I'll be changing the way I grow using a common res and maybe drip and drain tables !

In the link that was posted. I believe they have before and after pictures of microbes going through a pump. There is a big difference in the amount and type of microbes that survived.

In the link that was posted. I believe they have before and after pictures of microbes going through a pump. There is a big difference in the amount and type of microbes that survived.

I gave up and made mine out 1 1/2 ABS, figured I'd skip the glue and hope for the best.
It's not work... I think my pump is too week... 80W 70L/min
Nothing comes out the top or just dribs and drabs.
I took off some pieces and can get the surface pretty raucous but no venturi for me :-(

ABS is not safe as it kills off fungi. Schedule 40 PVC and CPVC are both safe. Schedule 80 is not safe it will kill off bacteria.

ABS is not safe as it kills off fungi. Schedule 40 PVC and CPVC are both safe. Schedule 80 is not safe it will kill off bacteria.

Even if i don't use glue?

Latest posts

Back