5 gallon micro-brewer DIY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcduck

Feed the soil, not the plant
Reaction score
This tea brewer is a simple DIY that I copied off of Tim Wilson.
http://microbeorganics.com/

I had all the parts already.
To buy the parts probably looking at around $24 minus the air pump.

Took me about 15 minutes to put together.

Parts list:
2-90° elbows
2- Tees
1- threaded/slip reducer
1-street 90° elbow threaded
1-hose barb adapter
1-piece of hose for air pump
1-piece of pipe.
1-air pump.
Glue
I cut the pipe into 3 pieces. 1 is for the riser and 2 for connecting the 90° elbows and tees.
I glued the reducing bushing and tees together.
Did not glue the riser and elbows, as I need to take it apart to clean.

View attachment IMG_20150425_100352_611.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150425_111015_786.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150425_110913_828.jpg

ozzy did a similar setup based off of Tim's work. best tea brewer, imo.

Thanks everyone.

umbra I did see Ozzie's brewer @ Tim's forum site.
His was more of a vortex type and having some gremlins with it. I'm sure he has it figured out by now.

Here's a pic of the finished tea.

soil dwellers are disgusting :rofl: joking duck it's awesome :aok: if i were to do organic i would definitely make this

soil dwellers are disgusting :rofl: joking duck it's awesome :aok: if i were to do organic i would definitely make this

I'm been thinking of brewing my teas instead of using Botanicare Pure Blend Tea. Use some Ancient Forrest Hummus / Brown Sugar (?) (heard you don't use molasses for hydro applications), Mykos and something else. Seems to me that it would work better if fresh and not bottled. I just haven't gotten around to it because I have like a gallon of Pure Blend left :rofl:

Awesome stuff pcduck :aok:

Richie Riches Hydro tea -- (recipe )--

Why not just drop a bubbler stone in the bucket and be done ?-- I'm out but I like my Voodoo Juice but it's expensive !-- I'm gonna start making my own tea when I get set back up !

a bit late to the show pappy

haha it gets worse every year
pcduck sent me here for a look and I had posted a stupid question and then found I couldn't delete the post
so now it's just a stupid post

Last edited:
It goes back to the surface tension keef.
Bubbler stones won't break the surface tension of the water enuff for good bacterial growth.
Don't get me wrong, it does sort of work with a fish pump but not near as well. 1 time making good tea and you'll never go back to fish pumps and stones.

bubbler stones are so 2015
that's a venturi thingie he's got going up there, it's worth another look

The big issue is the pump macerating the microbes as it pumps, hence the venturi

Volume not pressure. Regerative blowers, got mine from Synergy agricultural products, santa rosa!

Dr. Elaine Ingam, a good source of information. Mostly one of them cant pronounce all the words, gotta read it twice thingies.

Agreeing with Gloman here, and to be sure its more than a nutrient shake, use a scope to see for your self. Good enough ones are pretty cheap and elimenate the guessing.

Last edited:
The big issue is the pump macerating the microbes as it pumps, hence the venturi

oh yikes, wth is macerating?
omigawd, it's ALL bad To make soft by soaking or steeping in a liquid, To separate into constituents by soaking, To cause to become lean, usually by starvation; emaciate

I thought I'd be okay using a couple of pumps with built-in venturi nozzles instead because I can't source the goddam pipe! I am SO glad you posted, Umbra, thanks!!, dam, this place eh?
not sure if I'd have ever figured out why I couldn't get my microbe teas to work!!!

note to self, pcduck verbatum, no assumptions

Last edited:
QUOTE="pcduck, post: 930332, member: 12739"]This tea brewer is a simple DIY that I copied off of Tim Wilson.
http://microbeorganics.com/

I had all the parts already.

ya, well, build another one, I'll send US funds, not our crap :)

is that 1 1/2" ?
can I use that black ABS stuff, I see that a lot or is it not HDPE or whatever?

Latest posts

Back