5 mature plants in 1 pot! growing strong!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr villian

Reaction score
I have a 95 quarts tub with 5 plants mature plants inside. And they are all growning strong. every time I ask someone if it could be done they tell me no and that the plants will die. I just want to know would my plants produce a good harvest? and please if you don't know don't reply! Experienced greens thumbs people only

Well whomever told you that was wrong. They won't die. They may not be as healthy as they could have been, but who knows... that's an awful big pot you've got them in.

You haven't given enough information though to give you any reasonable answer. Way too many variables: how old are they? how much season do you have left? all females? full sun, partial, or shade? what are you feeding them? insect problems? are you watering properly? what strain? etc etc etc

If you expect an appropriate reply, provide the appropriate information for an informed response. No offense meant. :cool:

mr villian said:
I have a 95 quarts tub with 5 plants mature plants inside. And they are all growning strong. every time I ask someone if it could be done they tell me no and that the plants will die. I just want to know would my plants produce a good harvest? and please if you don't know don't reply! Experienced greens thumbs people only

No one knows if your plants will produce a good harvest.

If your plants are all female you wont have a problem, but if they are not you run the risk of root rot once you kill the males, and you wont be able to pull them roots and all.

A bad idea all around, even if all female, the roots will intertwine and the more dominant plants will overpower the weaker, leaving the weaker struggling to survive and produce well. As well, some plants feed and water differently.....

growdude said:
but if they are not you run the risk of root rot once you kill the males

I have never had that happen. I've had two in a five gallon yanked em and the other grew just fine. My current Cherry Malawi had 3 started, took out the runt and male left the roots, and the female is growing strong.
I also tried reusing soil immediate after a grow. didn't even take the root ball out just to see what would happen. grew ok...soil was starved but plants grew in it.
So the "root rot" only time I had that problem was when the medium was kept too wet too long.

Roddy said:
the roots will intertwine and the more dominant plants will overpower the weaker, leaving the weaker struggling to survive and produce well.
Now that is exactly what I have noticed. The smaller one usually survives, but is the first to show a problem in nutrient depletion.

Mr Villian said:
I just want to know would my plants produce a good harvest?
You might get a harvest if you get females...maximized and at full potential not a chance, but you will get bud.

95quart pot tho...you could do pretty well.

seems like a good size container for 5 plants. when i go with pots outside, i try to stay around 10 gallons, per plant. big roots = big buds

Well first of all they are all female. They've been growing for about 2 an hfl to about 3 months now. The first one is bubba kush #2. Is xj 13 #3 is Mr nice #4 is GDP and #5 purple urkel. That is 2 sativa and 3 indica plants I believe. Xj and GDP is the sativas I think and the rest are indica. I am using fox farm liquid plant food now but I was using big grow but it showed sighs of flowering So I stop it like the plant store guys said to. Now this is the thing. Only xj13,Bubba kush, an Mr nice have grown about five an a half feet but the other two or only like two feet maybe less but look healthy. the 3 tall one's are in the middle an the little one's are on each far ends of the pot. Its hot everyday now so I water them about twice a day some times only when thay look like they need it.

a pic would be just lovely.

even if there was a male in there(which they state there is not), you can convert those roots into food using hygrozime.;) it works by breaking down dead plant matter, and making it available as food, per label instruction...peace...

mr villian said:
Well first of all they are all female. They've been growing for about 2 an hfl to about 3 months now. The first one is bubba kush #2. Is xj 13 #3 is Mr nice #4 is GDP and #5 purple urkel. That is 2 sativa and 3 indica plants I believe. Xj and GDP is the sativas I think and the rest are indica. I am using fox farm liquid plant food now but I was using big grow but it showed sighs of flowering So I stop it like the plant store guys said to. Now this is the thing. Only xj13,Bubba kush, an Mr nice have grown about five an a half feet but the other two or only like two feet maybe less but look healthy. the 3 tall one's are in the middle an the little one's are on each far ends of the pot. Its hot everyday now so I water them about twice a day some times only when thay look like they need it.

Part of the problem when planting sativas and indicas together. The sativas will shade the smaller indicas and they will most likely suffer. You may also find as you get into flowering that they have different nutrient needs. These are only 2 reasons why it is not a good idea to plant different strains in a single container. You will certainly get some kind of harvest, but probably not nearly as good as it could have been if the plants had been planted separately.

I would say that if you are watering twice a day that you are not watering enough each time--you do have a huge container after all.

Were these clones or did you start from seed? If so, where did you get the seeds?

You say the small plants are planted at the far ends of the pots and the big ones are in the middle. The plants in the middle probably stay a lot more moist than the ones at the ends. I'd try to add some sort of drip system to the pot. It would ease hand watering such a big pot. Seems like everyone else has you covered though:). Good luck!

mr villian said:

You are now adding nutes for flower right? Make sure they get watered good and when feeding try to make sure the whole pot gets wet with nutes. That is a lot of plants in one pot. Most I ever put in one pot was three, all the same. Dont expect a huge harvest, but you will get something, keep feeding them. And something is better than nothing. :D

Good luck to you.

Im concerned as HempGodess said...Diffrent strains make it a tougher go because they require diffrent needs..even though they all female hard to fix a sick plant without harming the others...Please keep us posted

take caare and be safe:bolt::bong:

From what I was told GDP is an indica dom strain, not Sativa. XJ13 is a sativa though. Really interested to see a pic! 3 5 footers and 2 2 footers all in on pot?! Just doesn't seem like the pot would be wide enough for all that.

Latest posts

Back