5 Strain Medical Room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorCalHal

Reaction score
Before the Site Crash, I had shared a few pics of the new room that I built back in October. The room has worked out great. There were a few issues but they pretty much have all been resolved.

I ended up adding 4 more lights for a total of 16,000 watts. I ended up converting the storage room to a Veg room that houses 6 sets of 8-bulb T-5 lights. The T-5's give me a solid 3-4 weeks of veg time before they go into the flower room. I still Veg in the Flower room for a bout a week to 10 days.

The heat was never really an issue usuing a Mitsubishi 2.5 ton Mini Split AC unit. Once outside temps reached 85+, it became an issue. The Condenser sat in the main part of the warehouse and really heted up the warehouse as a whole. I tried a few things to control it, but it still bugged me. I installed a 5000 cfm house fan and had a custom plenum built that mounted to the fan and slipped fit right under the Main warehouse vent, thus pushing all the hot air out of the show. Still pretty hot.

So, I ended up getting a 5 ton Whole house AC. I rented a crane and installed the main compressor on the roof of the whole building. No more exhaust heat issues. I installed the Furnace/Air Handler directly in the grow room. I used no Plenum or ductwork on the air handler, I just left her wide open. Works GREAT. No more heat issues at all. I can run the room at 65 with the lights on if I desire! I get 2000cfm of 38 degree air comin' out of her! She will cool the room in no more then 10 minuates.
I am working on actually getting a plenum built for the air discharge and installing another thermostat adn Electic Dampner to allow the main AC to chill the Veg also. Big $ though....

I am pretty maxed out with Power. I have a 3 phase 300 amp service, and I am peaking arouund 210 amps with everything running. My Electric Bill is silly.

Now lets get to the girls. Most of you that know me know that I usually run only 1 flavor each room. After working exclusivly with other dispensaries and my own, I am starting to run multiple flavors on the same run. Getting into the Biz full time has opened a few doors to some great genetics.
So, no more Pre-98 Bubba this run. This is the first run I have done in over eight years that I have not ran Bubba.
Currently in the grow is 5 different strains.
Chem '91...the Real.
GDP
Razzberry Kush (Rosenthals cut)
Blue Dream
and my good friend Larry OG.
With the Larry, I went thru 100 beans over the last 6 months that I got from Swerve and found a great Pheno.

The issue with this many different strains is the feed. I have to make a different juice for the Chem 91 everytime, as she is super finicky to say the least. You can sure tell that she is the godmother of all OG's.

The GDP has a seperate feed also as she needs more N then the others.

Larry is pretty hardy. The Razz is a heavy feeder along with the BlueDream.

I built trellises for all the Sativa based strains, and I wish I would have built them for the Indica's too.... I have to actually go raise the trellises for the Sativa's tonite, as they streatched too far theu the trellis and are putting on MAD weight.

Enough talk....to the pics....next post

I took these yesterday....Day 31 or so....

whole room.JPG

Razz Kush.JPG

Razz Kush Close.JPG

Larry trellis.JPG

Larry OG.JPG

Fat Razz.JPG

IMG_3774.JPG

oh man that is a sweet room... are you running CO2 (saw the propane tank)? how are you delivering wawa & nutes?

i genuflect in your general direction.

CO2.
I do run CO2. I run elevated parts @ 1500ppm thru Veg and 2 weeks into 12/12. I would have ran it longer but the Chem HATED it. The Chem really grew fast under the elevated parts, so fast it actually bleached the leaves. From talking to a few cats, we are under the beleife that the Chem photosythenisised so fast the Chylorphil was "bleached" out of the upper leaves. ( I know, spelling.....). I know this sounds a little crazy, but the plant health is still rocking and the root mass is ragin'. Once I stopped the elevated CO2, they recovered, but the greeness of the upper leaves did not come back.

So, the Room is sealed, completley. I still run the CO2 genny at atmospheric levels, the controller is set to 390 ppm. I forgot to turn it back on after a bottle change and the CO2 parts fell below 200. Plants do eat up the CO2 during the day.

I have not exchanged air in the room in over 45 days.

I hand water all the girls myself. I am usuing 5 gallon Smart Pots, so Watering is around every 4-6 days. Now that they are fully budding, it is about every 3 days or so.

I use RO water starting at 10 ppm.here is the mix in order.
Pro Silicate
Cal Mag
GH 3 part. No Green during Flowering at all.
GH Flouralicious Bloom
GH KoolBloom Liquid
Bud Candy
Hygrozyme
Superthive ( I forgot how much I love that stuff!)

I add Verde to the GDP if needed for extra N.

I make nuits fresh every watering, all run to waste, I look for about a 10-20% runoff.

I am actually going away from my beloved GH next run....
There is a new company that are GH Defectors that created a company that is more geared twords MMJ, it is called Cutting Edge.

The Medium I use is Sunshine #4 amended with course Perlie to a ratio of 2-1 this round.

Very Nice.....I love my Larry OG as well.....favorite strain for me hands down. I got lucky and found a keeper pheno 5 beans in out of a ten pack.

My jaw dropped after reading your description, then seeing the pics....great stuff there my man :aok:

Those pics should come with a "Trouser accident" warning.
Total respect fella. W

thanks for sharing NCH---you have out done yourself yet again---always a pleasure seeing how the big boys roll---is hydro in the future for this room---keep up the good work---very inspiring---peace

that is so badass! great work on everything.

and i just smoked my first larry og last night, **** is bomb! :)

Hey NCH you missed a washer on the left unistrut holding up the aircon unit
Rotflmao.
That is the best looking set-up ive ever seen and you clearly dont cut corners with your build quality/construction.
One question not important to me but when you you use linked lines of aircooled reflectors surely one end will run hotter lamps that the other dependant on which direction air is pushed or pulled through the hoods.
Great set up hats off to ya and is that personal.
T4

Thanks for all the props fellas.
Haha T4! Actually, if you look, I need a faceplate for the 120 outlet for the Airhandler....you must be slippin'.....

I am pushing air thru the hoods with the 8" Max fan mounted directly to the first hood. I used hard elbows for the one 90 degree bend up and out. It does bother me and you are correct, the last lite int he string does run hotter underneath a bit.
But since I installed the 5 ton, no issues. I'll still end up getting a booster fan for the end of the string, ecspecially since you noticed....I am such a freak. OverKill is Underrated.

I run my personal script in this room. I have a 99 plant Rec and am running under that. All overages on weight get distributed thru the collective to other Medical Patients.

NorCalHal said:
Thanks for all the props fellas.
Haha T4! Actually, if you look, I need a faceplate for the 120 outlet for the Airhandler....you must be slippin'.....

I am pushing air thru the hoods with the 8" Max fan mounted directly to the first hood. I used hard elbows for the one 90 degree bend up and out. It does bother me and you are correct, the last lite int he string does run hotter underneath a bit.
But since I installed the 5 ton, no issues. I'll still end up getting a booster fan for the end of the string, ecspecially since you noticed....I am such a freak. OverKill is Underrated.

I run my personal script in this room. I have a 99 plant Rec and am running under that. All overages on weight get distributed thru the collective to other Medical Patients.

This was my thought as well....gotta love total climate control! :)

WOW NCH, I expected this to be huge, but, WOW!!!:hubba: :hubba:

NorCalHal said:
CO2.
I do run CO2. I run elevated parts @ 1500ppm thru Veg and 2 weeks into 12/12. I would have ran it longer but the Chem HATED it. The Chem really grew fast under the elevated parts, so fast it actually bleached the leaves. From talking to a few cats, we are under the beleife that the Chem photosythenisised so fast the Chylorphil was "bleached" out of the upper leaves. ( I know, spelling.....). I know this sounds a little crazy, but the plant health is still rocking and the root mass is ragin'. Once I stopped the elevated CO2, they recovered, but the greeness of the upper leaves did not come back.

So, the Room is sealed, completley. I still run the CO2 genny at atmospheric levels, the controller is set to 390 ppm. I forgot to turn it back on after a bottle change and the CO2 parts fell below 200. Plants do eat up the CO2 during the day.

I have not exchanged air in the room in over 45 days.

I hand water all the girls myself. I am usuing 5 gallon Smart Pots, so Watering is around every 4-6 days. Now that they are fully budding, it is about every 3 days or so.

I use RO water starting at 10 ppm.here is the mix in order.
Pro Silicate
Cal Mag
GH 3 part. No Green during Flowering at all.
GH Flouralicious Bloom
GH KoolBloom Liquid
Bud Candy
Hygrozyme
Superthive ( I forgot how much I love that stuff!)

I add Verde to the GDP if needed for extra N.

I make nuits fresh every watering, all run to waste, I look for about a 10-20% runoff.

How long does this normally take??

:eek: wow 200 ladies wow ,,,,,bet your very hapy chapy!!,,,,,i dream of a grow like this ,,,,id eat, smoke and sleep on it ,,,,peace cheers for shareing a top class grow.....peace [j]

That is anincredible sight, if that was me I would set up my bed in the middle of the room and sleep there myself haha. Much respect to you!

NorCalHal said:
My Electric Bill is silly.

Haha yeah I bet it is, since that is such a big grow have you ever thought of running it all of some diesel generators instead of it working up a huge electric bill? Could work out cheeper in the long run.

don't think so... a diesel gen that can put out 300 amps will eat about/over 2 gallons an hour. so with an 18 hr cycle you're looking at roughly 1000 gallons a month, which is about $4000 a month right now. plus the cost of transporting it to your site, holding tanks to store it, safety, fumes, ongoing generator maintenance, etc. that doesn't include the cost of the genny but that's probably in the $15k-$25k range. its cheaper to pull from the power company than generate your own amps.

i would not want to venture a guess on Hal's power bill but i bet you could pay a mortgage with it.

Sparda said:
Haha yeah I bet it is, since that is such a big grow have you ever thought of running it all of some diesel generators instead of it working up a huge electric bill? Could work out cheeper in the long run.

Latest posts

Back