5 weeks flower leafs look bad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stinkyelements

Reaction score
Hey everyone, my lady is in 5th week of flower and in the past two weeks the leafs are progressively getting worse even in a day i will find a new one that has just completely wilted and fall off. Not just the few yellow ones from the bottom, but these are all over. More pics are in my sig. to give a better idea, I was told it may be ph being off but thats been dialed in pretty well, i decided to give a flush and a break from the nutes on tuesday but since then it has got a lot worse, maybe i didnt flush well enough i dont know. any help please i hate to be this far and not make it.

johnsgirlssick 001.jpg

johnsgirlssick 002.jpg

johnsgirlssick 003.jpg

johnsgirlssick 004.jpg

are they just hungry maybe? for some nitrogen i'm thinking?
(i really don't know, look a little hungry, but yet other leaves are still nice color.. looks like something else going on too, so i'm not confident to say that's what it is, why i didn't reply)

what was your feed before you satarted adjusting stuff?

*warning, this is a shot in the dark, my only real advice is wait for the better growers to chime in.. hopefully someone will shortly. but in the meantime if you can add any other info you can think that may speed up diagnosis..

I actually only gave them 2 bloom feeds since shes been in 12/12 of 15-30-15
bloom booster before that i gave all purpose 20-20-20 up until 1 week in and fish emulsion but not on a strict schedule until right before 12/12 i finally tried getting a schedule on track, hope this helps its been a confusing grow

I have not had the exact same looking issue, however, when I get anytype of leaf discoloration or spotting, I flushed them with plain water at the rate of 3X the amount of the medium the container can hold. While I'm flushing, I PH test the runoff water and PH adjust the water I'm adding accordingly in order to achieve a runoff of 6.5. Basically, if my runoff is reading 6.2, I then adjust up the water I'm flushing with to say 6.8 or so, until the runoff shows 6.5. At the end of the flush with plain water, I then flush lightly with a mild nutrient solution, like half strength. After all the flushing with water and nutrient solution, the medium is very soggy, so it is important to let it dry out well before watering or feeding again. Within a few days my new growth is looking much better, salts are washed out, root zone ph is within parameters, and if you're using proper nutrients, they should have everything that they need. Give it a shot. Hope the best for ya!

I am actually in the process of doing just that and you just helped me to think it may be a good idea, so i appeciate that, do you think it will hurt considering I gave plain water just tues.?

stinkyelements said:
I am actually in the process of doing just that and you just helped me to think it may be a good idea, so i appeciate that, do you think it will hurt considering I gave plain water just tues.?

It wont hurt them worse. Whatever the exact issue they are having is stressing them much more than the flushing will. Overwatering comes into play when you consistently keep them too soggy. Its important that after you do the process that you let them dry out before watering or feeding again. Not to the point that they wilt from lack of water, but that they get back onto the proper wet/dry cycle as soon as possible. They more than likely will have that droopy, heavy, leaves curled down look for a little while until they dry out some. I now flush mine every 2-3 weeks, and I haven't had any spotting or nasty leaves. Keep in mind, as you may know, those damaged leaves will stay that way. You will be looking for improvement in your new growth in about 3-4 days. Let me know how things work out. I think you will be fine.

PS! I'm a huuuuge philly fan! I grew up near there, but now live out west.

Heres the deal exactly......This is my first decent real grow, so with that in mind bear with me. From the start I had nute burn issues from soil choices and went through several transplants before she was happy at that point I was feeding Neptunes Harvest fish emulsion only, I wanted to go organic but MG soil fom the start kinda changed that and hearing the fish emulsion was good but just a start itself. At that point I was almost about ready to flower but wanted to get her on some feeding schedule. So I used jacks classic 20-20-20 because going organic at this point was out of the question. Right from that I flushed and switched to 12/12 I then used the fish emulsion again because she seemed to like it and wasnt sure about the jacks. I then did not feed anything other than ph'd water for two weeks until i started the bloom booster 3 weeks in 15-30-15. And did that for two feeding. Things started looking great, buds comin in nice although they smell like the fish emulsion still, So i watered again and flushed a little because of the change, afraid that she wasnt used to the nutes and mixing organic with chem didnt seem a good idea and now Im having these issues. wow!!! yea....................

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::holysheep:

I have leaned a lot from this, with my clones doing great, but the flowering mother took the hit bad and this far in to lose her would be horrible shes a beauty

Looks to me like you may have locked something up..phosphorus perhaps. A flush would be the perfect solution. Too moch iron and/or ph could cause that.
BTW, the buds seem to be doing nicely and the problem doesn't look like a killer to me...don't worry, be happy :)

Thanks to everyone on here i wouldnt be this far, just to throw that out there MP you are great, i really appreciate it a thousand times over everyone who has helped along the way:D

is it just me or does this not look like typical plant in its 6th week of flower.

you have plenty of green still, IMO those leaves are doing what they are suppose to do, their dying, congratulations.

Budders keeper- Thanks for the input and uplift of confidence i may be ok

dman- you have been helping my grow a lot, your the man, I have a smile on my face now. :D
but do the fans really get that bad lookin?

I'm sure you're already thinking about it, but, for your next grow, have your nutes already lined up. It will make it easier to pinpoint problems. I still use the Fox Farm nutrient trio myself. Only one of the three parts are organic. I also use their Ocean Forest soil. There are normally 2 parts to a flowering ferterlizer. One contains the base elements required, the other contains the trace elements, a bloom booster basically. I also use a bud hardner towards the end of flower. It hardens em up a bit making them more dense. There are many many factors when doing a completely organic grow. You are essentially replicating a completely natural environment indoors. If you want to do the organic thing, I recommend taking a look at the Earth Juice line of nutrients and additives, they are comparatively inexpensive, and make good stuff if used properly. If you want to go with ease of use, I would recommend either Fox Farms Trio, or General Hydroponics 3 part. Both not organic, but very beginner friendly, and very widely used, great results. If you do an adequate flush at the end of flowering, you should not taste any feterlizer even using non organic ferts. I use Clearex solution at the end of flower, it's a flushing solution, aids in getting rid everything. I also use the Clearex during regular flushing as well, helps break up the salts.

erwinsweeney said:
I'm sure you're already thinking about it, but, for your next grow, have your nutes already lined up. It will make it easier to pinpoint problems. I still use the Fox Farm nutrient trio myself. Only one of the three parts are organic. I also use their Ocean Forest soil. There are normally 2 parts to a flowering ferterlizer. One contains the base elements required, the other contains the trace elements, a bloom booster basically. I also use a bud hardner towards the end of flower. It hardens em up a bit making them more dense. There are many many factors when doing a completely organic grow. You are essentially replicating a completely natural environment indoors. If you want to do the organic thing, I recommend taking a look at the Earth Juice line of nutrients and additives, they are comparatively inexpensive, and make good stuff if used properly. If you want to go with ease of use, I would recommend either Fox Farms Trio, or General Hydroponics 3 part. Both not organic, but very beginner friendly, and very widely used, great results. If you do an adequate flush at the end of flowering, you should not taste any feterlizer even using non organic ferts. I use Clearex solution at the end of flower, it's a flushing solution, aids in getting rid everything. I also use the Clearex during regular flushing as well, helps break up the salts.

I definately have a better idea for how to get a strict schedule and nute line up, I hear that organic is a whole other ballpark and many have more issues with that. But i am looking into a nice nute line up to follow and with your info, definitely helps, I now have my clones on a good schedule it took a cpl losses and learning experiences but they are good. But i am hearing what your saying and taking it all in, much appreciated:D:48:

dman1234 said:
is it just me or does this not look like typical plant in its 6th week of flower.

you have plenty of green still, IMO those leaves are doing what they are suppose to do, their dying, congratulations.

Doesn't look typical to me. Late in flowering I usually see a gradual yellowing of leaves, and they kinda get soft like. The ones in the pictures appear spotted and blotchy, and crispy. It appears he still has a good bit of flowering to go, and shouldn't be seeing a change that drastic yet. Take a look at the link below. It's a link to some very good looking plants at 6 weeks, they were posted by Budders Keeper, who posted above in this thread. IMO, thats what they should look like. You'll be fine with the good flush.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53041

erwinsweeney said:
Doesn't look typical to me. Late in flowering I usually see a gradual yellowing of leaves, and they kinda get soft like. The ones in the pictures appear It appears he still has a good bit of flowering to go, and shouldn't be seeing a change that drastic yet. Take a look at the link below. It's a link to some very good looking plants at 6 weeks, they were posted by Budders Keeper, who posted above in this thread. IMO, thats what they should look like. You'll be fine with the good flush.

Yea that is exactly what they are spotted and blotchy, and crispy. Should not be happening like this yet I do agree with that also! Yea i have a few soft yellow ones at the bottom but that shouldnt be goin on all around like what i have

stinkyelements said:
I definately have a better idea for how to get a strict schedule and nute line up, I hear that organic is a whole other ballpark and many have more issues with that. But i am looking into a nice nute line up to follow and with your info, definitely helps, I now have my clones on a good schedule it took a cpl losses and learning experiences but they are good. But i am hearing what your saying and taking it all in, much appreciated:D:48:

Yeah`dude. I nute burned mine plenty of times! Takes a little while of using specific nutes and growing specific strains to get things in balance. I'm finally really learning to see the signs early of when to feed, when not to, when to flush, when to final flush, etc. Be patient, each round will get better and better.

Latest posts

Back