5 weeks in medibud & skunk#1 1st grow!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_medi_bud

the ant of doom
Reaction score
hello all!! 1st,congrats on a top forum!! best i've found on the net!!

i'm using an ebb and flood system 2m x 2m with 16 pots, rockwool cubes (1in and 3 in) and hydroton as my medium. flooding 5x within light cycle (18/6) using 2x 400w hps lights, a couple of big *** fans (dont know how big,but seem to be doing the job!!) 1 for intake,1 for exhaust and an ocillating fan.

i bought 20 fem seed,10 medibud and 10 skunk#1 and germianted using damp kitchen towel with the seedin the middle and the top folded over placed on a small plate with another upside down on top of it and put in a dark warm place.

within 12 hrs most of them had sprouted quite well and within 36 they had all sprouted and been placed in 1in rockwool cubes and watered with ph neutral water.

they where put in a propogator with a 110w flourecent (spelling!!) on top of the lid and left in my my cupboard on 24hrs for around a week and then transplanted into the 3in cube on a 1/4 nutrient solution. i'm using canna (a+b) aqua vega and canna(a+b) aqua flores.

in around another 7-10 days they where ready for the system!!! happy days!!

in moving them from the germination site to the veg site somehow the got mixed up an i dont know how many of each plant i have just that there were 17 left looking good enough for putting into the system, two of them where half dead and didn't look like they'd make it so i put them in the 1 pot! im happy to report that the two underdogs are thriving(which makes them my favourite). and im sure that it will become apparent what plant are what when the start flowering!

i've had a few problems since starting this great hobby(i dont know why i didn't do it years ago!) at 1st i didnt have enough light and couldnt hold temp,then i got another light and it was too hot and gave my plants lummen burn aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!! but i've got good ventalation now and can run both light no probs.there where a good few leaves that where more than 50% destroyed by the heat/light and i think that it stunted growth for a while,i've now removed these leaves and they are doing a LOT better!

also somehow(prob the weed!) i've blundered when calculating the amount of nutrient the ratio is 1:500 but i was using 1:100. i am fixing this tonight. there are a couple of the leaves that aint looking too good but i'm hoping that it is the result of a nutrient defficiency,and will correct itself givin time! ill post some pics and if anyone has any advice please let me know!!

these are some of the latest pics,taken the night before last.
post more (better!!) ones later
peace to all!

2009-11-03 19.43.37.jpg

2009-11-03 19.43.20.jpg

2009-11-03 19.44.39.jpg

Hey, mr medi bud, how goes it? It looks like you're doing well thus far. Keep on reading and asking for advice, and I bet you'll have a nice first-time harvest.

Looks like we’ve got a bit in common. I’m on my first grow (same nutes) and about a week behind you.
I’ve signed up for this one. It’ll be an interesting comparison and I might get some handy tips as you’re just in front of me.
They’re looking great so far. Hope it all goes well. :D

Welcome to MP, nice fat indie ya got there! A little damage but nothing to worry about she's gonna be beautiful!

Latest posts

Back