50% red hairs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tryguy2011

Reaction score
At about the end of week 7 these plants had 50% red hairs and some cloudy trichs. I thought the plants would finish in about a week, so i started the flush. I am now finished with week 8 and about 75% red hairs and not really any difference on the cloudy trichs. The plants are still drinking and using the nutrients in the remaining green leaves. It seems like they are having trouble finishing. The calyxes arent very swollen, mostly clear trichs. Any suggestions?

tryguy2011 said:
At about the end of week 7 these plants had 50% red hairs and some cloudy trichs. I thought the plants would finish in about a week, so i started the flush. I am now finished with week 8 and about 75% red hairs and not really any difference on the cloudy trichs. The plants are still drinking and using the nutrients in the remaining green leaves. It seems like they are having trouble finishing. The calyxes arent very swollen, mostly clear trichs. Any suggestions?

I suggest patients, take your time and dont try to rush her, as long as she still looks healthy give her all the time she needs, some strains can finish in as little as 8 weeks while others can take twice as long so be patient,
your patients will be rewarded :icon_smile:

If its leanin sativa heavy, may take 9-11 weeks. I wouldnt stop with the feeding just yet.

-75% red hair, mostly clear trichs, un-swollen calyx's... I think you answered your own question

I disreguard everything other then the trichs listen to them they are the surefire method of knowin when its ready. And yes alot of strains go longer than 8 weeks

Hey guys thanks for all of the info. The strain is northern lights, there is a little variation in phenos. My concern is that I started flushing too early, is there any chance of them not being able to finish?

If you haven't quit flushing do so now. In my opinion and experience, you don't need to flush. But if you just prefer to, then wait till you are sure that you ahve about 3-5 days before pulling them and then just cut off the nutes and run strait water.

You can readd some nutes back to what you have, the same nutes you were using but I would only add half of what you were running before the flush. If they end up going more than a week, you can ramp up the nutes very slowly every 4-5 days until you get back to where you were.

Never go by the hairs. They are only a mild indicator that the plants are getting along in flower. I go by the breeders' recommended time, and then I only use that as a marker to start checking the trics :)

Thanks hushpuppy all that sounds good and is what i do also, i had this problem with this pheno last time. This pheno is decieving, it showed like it was going to finish in 8 weeks, but then stopped seemingly. I just checked trichs again and do see some maturation this time.

Latest posts

Back