6 day old auto seedlings WDYT?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoCoGrow

Reaction score
Hi,

I've never grown autoflowers before, never grown in coco before, and have never used an LED before (I guess I'm making it hard on myself by trying a bunch of new stuff at once haha).

I believe I was initially overwatering the seedlings. The initial humidity levels were too low, but I've fixed that. The PH pen that I received with my tent kit was garbage, and so for the first few days I only watered with distilled water...only two days ago did I give them a little water PH'd to 6.8 with some Cal Mag and Silica Blast.

They seem OK but a little underdeveloped given the pics I've seen online from various grow journals. The seedling with the fuscia colored plant tab is Magic Cookies, and for the first 4 days or so, it was super dark green. What with the humidity improvements and the Cal Mag, it is starting to lighten up which I think is a good thing. The seedling with the blue tab is Ultimate.

How do they look to you? Note that the angle of the pics looks like the leaves aren't perpendicular to the stalk, bu they are.

Magic_Cookies_Auto_6_days.jpg
Ultimate_Auto_6_days.jpg

Looking at the Ultimate (seedling with blue tab), the second set of true leaves look curled up. One or two of the other seedlings look the same. My 680W LED is 3' above the seedling at 40% energy level. I had originally had it at 4' so maybe I should raise the light back up.

I grow autos but I’ve never used coco soil
start my plants off in solo cups then when they get a bit bigger i put them in 3 gallon pots
I use cheap leds got off eBay
Don’t use calmag till the plants need it,their pretty small for 6 days old
Here’s a GSC plant 6 days old,
Made a little light box out of a cardboard box with silver H-vac tape,I keep the small plants in this till they get bigger then into the tent
This way seems to work good for me,mite
BE8BC8CB-793A-47A4-AD99-AA0478A7703D.jpeg
157657BD-1FA9-4099-AD25-5E6288E8DEB2.jpeg
848CED0B-32CA-44BE-8282-E64D12CBC264.jpeg
BAAEC039-CAA9-4DD6-9018-08A6C4A2ED9C.jpeg
6CA862BA-FE09-49E7-99A1-DD32BCC16F7A.jpeg
not work for other people run 12-12 lights for the whole life of the plant
FC75C5E3-CC4F-490F-A1B8-447C1B74630E.jpeg

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm kicking myself a bit for (a) starting out my first run with 6 plants...I should have done 1-2 and tracked changes associated with tweaks to the environment and (b) making more than 1 change at a time, such as lowering my light and introducing CalMag...if the seedlings take a turn for the worse, then I won't be sure what the exact cause was.

Now that I have the environment in a better place, and have paused on the watering until the pots get more dry, I'll give them another week or two to see if they rebound, else I'll pull them and start over.

What type of light are you running for your sprouts?

P.S. now that the humidity and watering have been addressed, I can tell that there has been some good growth today...nowhere near enough for them to catch up to the size in your pic, but faster than "usual," so I guess I would say I'm hopeful though not entirely optimistic. I'm fine with smaller than desired yield as long as the end result is I feel confident about my setup going forward.

Last edited:
2 of these and. $70 32-32-6ft tent I bought at Walmart lol
I grow some dank weed as well, spent about $200 on my setup

you don’t have to spend a shit load of money to grow weed,it’s called weed for a reason
751C86B4-87FA-4771-B147-0E3830A134FC.jpeg
40BD34E2-241B-4D8C-8EAD-43A99188561D.jpeg

Last edited:
This is three days later. It is clearly growing, but still seems slow to me. I'm wondering if it is a nutrient uptake issue. Last time I watered it was at a PH of 6.8. Should I bring it down next time?
PXL_20210211_192943183.jpg

This is three days later. It is clearly growing, but still seems slow to me. I'm wondering if it is a nutrient uptake issue. Last time I watered it was at a PH of 6.8. Should I bring it down next time?
View attachment 268877
I don’t know why people put such little plants in such big pots,I let mine grow a bit before putting it in a 3 gallon pot
7027ED03-99B7-487A-80F6-29A70239194F.jpeg
7027ED03-99B7-487A-80F6-29A70239194F.jpeg
C8A60BED-0F52-4BBD-B4A0-A57728F73969.jpeg
F80DC622-FDF3-4330-B415-00B3D9D6247E.jpeg
55FFB847-4576-4CA5-9EC0-DF0BEE23D797.jpeg
4CAA662F-F059-425E-AD39-3CA69B5B4EDD.jpeg

I'm watering it with a turkey baster while it is small, only 2 oz at a time, so the pot size isn't the issue.

This was my first time using coco, I will probably switch back to soil next round.

I'm watering it with a turkey baster while it is small, only 2 oz at a time, so the pot size isn't the issue.

This was my first time using coco, I will probably switch back to soil next round.
I’ve never used coco I’ve heard it’s hard to use for first time growers,I use ocean forest soil

I start the plants off in black gold soil,ocean forest tends to run hot and burn the younger plants ,then when they get bigger they go into 3 gallon pots

I have Hindu Kush,white widow,gorilla glue,cream growing at the minute all autos

I just started Girl Scout cookies,60 day bubblegum,northern lights /blueberry
Lemon skunk
All autos,since
My grow is almost finished
Little cream plant
I only grow 4-5 plants at
A time my wife or my friends don’t smoke weed,so have to smoke it
Myself lol
DD4B217F-35A3-42A7-95E0-39102F6D27C3.jpeg

Thanks for the soil info! What nutrients are you adding to the Ocean Forest?

I think I'm going to dump the plants and start over this weekend with soil. Unfortunate to waste the seeds, but I don't envision them suddenly taking off, and given they are all autos, time isn't on my side.

Thanks for the soil info! What nutrients are you adding to the Ocean Forest?

I think I'm going to dump the plants and start over this weekend with soil. Unfortunate to waste the seeds, but I don't envision them suddenly taking off, and given they are all autos, time isn't on my side.
Little bit of big bloom and grow big,some molasses coconut water
That’s about it,plants don’t need anything for a while in ocean forest soil,

When using Coco coir it needs to be rinsed well to wash away any salts picked up during processing, (do so by washing in plain buckets of warm water )
Then you never want the coco median to ever dry out , it will damage the roots and stunt the plants.
Yes I always start my seeds in smaller pots as well , they say never transfer autos but I have and know a lot of others who have too.
Just be very careful and use all the soil around the roots when you do.

Latest posts

Back