6 Lamp or 4 Lamp T5 for MK's Tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoneMan1000

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm gonna order my veg tent and supplies tomorrow, but I want to get your opinion before I do.

The Mother's Keeper tent is 22.5" x 48.5" (approximately 8 sq. ft.). I can fit either a 4 lamp 4' T5 or a 6 lamp 4' T5 light in that space. The 6 lamp light will give me about 3,750 lumens/ sq. ft. and the 4 lamp about 2,500 lumens/ sq. ft. I can't make up my mind which way to go. I have concern that 6 lamps might be too much light for very young plants and clones yet the 2,500 lumens/ sq. ft. of the 4 lamp light doesn't put out the rule-of-thumb 3000 lumens/ sq. ft. for vegging.

So which way should I go? Thanks.

The 6 T5s will not be too much for young plants. I have a 4 tube in about the same space. If it dies, I will buy a 6 lamp fixture. However.....the 4 tube does a pretty fine job.

Go with this 8 bulb, @ 40,000 lumens your ar 5000 per sq/ft, and its got a switch to turn off half the bulbs if you need.

hxxp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/sun-blaze-t548-4ft-lamp-t5-grow-light-p-1938.html

Growdude said:
Go with this 8 bulb, @ 40,000 lumens your ar 5000 per sq/ft, and its got a switch to turn off half the bulbs if you need.

"hxxp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/sun-blaze-t548-4ft-lamp-t5-grow-light-p-1938.html"

YES, thats exactly what i have been looking for Growdude, Thank you Sir.

P.S.
Take the quotation marks off the link.

The Hemp Goddess said:
The 6 T5s will not be too much for young plants. I have a 4 tube in about the same space. If it dies, I will buy a 6 lamp fixture. However.....the 4 tube does a pretty fine job.

Awesome, great, I'm all set, I'll go with the 6 lamp. Who would know better than you THG? Thanks!

Hey Growdude, that 8 lamp fixture is the same width as the tent (22.5"). The SylverStar 6 lamp will allow a couple inches of leeway on either side of the width, it's 18.5" wide.

There's nothing holding me back now, thanks again!

Latest posts

Back