6 weeks into flower and my bulb burned out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftw2012

The end is near!
Reaction score
well its a great labor day...cept the grow stores arent open! damn got the babies outside enjoying some sunshine...just the way god and i intended it!

9-04-06 001.jpg

The Lowe's and Home Depot's of the world carry HPS and MH bulbs ranging from 70 to 400 watts.

Something similiar happened to me several days ago...after troubleshooting and determining it was the bulb, and not the ballast...I made a mad dash to Home Depot to get there before they closed....was damned if I was going to let the plants be stuck under anything less what they were accustomed to.

I've had to wait for tomorrow and the end of the holiday weekend before being able to get down to the grow shop and see if they'll be nice enough to replace a 24,000 hour bulb that failed somewhere around 1,000 hours of use.

nice shot....i hope you can find a replacement...i am sure one day of waiting will be alright...

doesn't it always seem that stuff goes wrong always when the stores are closed for a holiday :(

always good to have a spare around.....

ya ya roor of the glass *ahem*...

I shouldve mentioned...even though those bulbs at Home Depot and Lowes aren't up to snuff of a agricultural grow light...they don't cost much ($20-25)and get ya by till a replacement is in hand.

yeah, lowes has the 400w hps (sylvania brand) for $30...

yeah i realized that home depot and lowes didnt have the right bulb....ill just let them out in the sun untill im off work tomorrow....i guess i cant smoke them anyway when they are done but it is still nice to try for the best bud i can get

couple of days of no light dont hurt. a week is another story

the ladies are back inside after their little adventure. after a lunch break trip to the growstore and 120 bucks later....the sun is once again shining in my fantacy world! WOOHOO!!!

Latest posts

Back