600 watt ballasts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ray jay

Reaction score
Im looking into buying 2 more 600 watt ballasts. I have a sun system harvest pro now. Question is what is the best 600 watt ballast out there today?

Thanks Ray Jay

Any digital will far outpreform any magnetic. A lot of people like lumatek, they make a hell of a product. Go to a grow supply website, see what brands they carry, then go to each of the respected sites of the different brands and compare the stats. Honestly, though, as long as you go digital you will be in pretty good shape.

i bought poot the dutch equivelent to lumatek regarding digital ballasts i suppose and far cheaper tbh but mine were already rigged to a shitty reflector so a bit of diy and bobs ya uncle.

lol

t4

htg supply has a good selection of digital ballasts; along with lumatek.
i have used htg and they are great! i too want to get a digital.

i'd say the best ballast is the digital that you can afford....

I like my sun systems a lot.

What are the differences, with respect to performance, between a digital and magnetic ballast?

Or is it an energy consumption issue?

The only thing a magnetic ballast has over digital is that it is cheaper. Magnetic ballasts run hotter and are much noisier, and heavier. A magnetic ballast ignites the bulb, then keeps it lit with a pre-set amount of electricity determined by a coil, core, capacitor, and ignition system. A digital ballast is able to, through circuitry, adjust the amount of electricity that is being sent to a bulb to optimize performance, which will reduce cost of running and increase the life of the bulb. It will also produce more consistent light, and has the ability to shut itself down if the bulb is not running optimally. As magnetic bulbs get older, they can flicker which can disrupt the color spectrum, as well as the overall lumens.

I've got 2 lumatek 600's and I love them. I've had them running about 2 months with no problems.

Latest posts

Back