600w bulbs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mslady_1983

Reaction score
Can someone educate me on why. Bulbs vary from $30-$130. I have heard that bulbs that cost more tend to stay at that certain lumen stage as to the ones that cost less. They tend to depreciate in lumens as time goes on. Can someone clarify this for me

I am in the club that buys cheaper bulbs and if anything changes them out a lil more often. I don't grow for a dispensary or sell anything I grow so I can't justify the high priced bulbs when it's just for the wife and I. Not sure if the high priced bulbs last longer lumen wise or not. Jmo

Supposedly, the higher priced bulbs are made better and made with better materials, and therefore, they last longer and maintain their efficacy(lumens to watt ratio). I haven't done a side by side so I can't say how true it is. I can tell you that the bulbs that are made for digital ballasts will last longer than the standard bulbs in the digital ballasted lights. I am not sure if they last long enough or maintain their efficacy long enough to justify the price of them.

That being said, I have and use the nicer(pricier) bulbs in my digital systems, and I have seen that they do hold up longer than the standard bulbs. But I don't use the top of the line as I suspect(my reasoning tells me) the middle priced bulbs are probably the best value. :)

I use cheap bulbs. I have not seen any difference at all in expensive and inexpensive bulbs. I have never had a 600W bulb burn out. I change out my bulbs every 6 months.

Im terrible about the bulbs. I started with the cheapies when I setup my equipment and have countless grows on them. I havnt really noticed any sign of less quality grow either. So far I have only replaced one burnt out bulb and I think it was banged around in shipment.

t6

Apparently the more expensive can last longer but I stick to cheaper bulbs and just replace when I notice the output weaken.

Out of the 600 hps on 1000bulbs, the last 2, the Ge and the EYE, have 2100k color vs the 2 other cheaper bulbs @ 2000k.

That said Ive never seen any difference in the outcome from using high dollar bulbs.

Latest posts

Back