600w hps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakal121

Reaction score
hi there can any 1 tell me how much it cost 2 use a 600w hps a week on 12/12:) in the uk thanx...

Depends, how much is per Killowat?

Price Per Killowat Hourly X Hours On X Wattage Power

lets say per price killwat is .08cents.

Remember that's @ 8cents a killowatt.
.08 x 12 x 600 = .57cents a day
.57 Cents x 7days = $4.03 a Week.

Its peanuts fella less than having your washer on for 3 hours.
People get the horrors regarding using a couple of 600 watters when you think about it an electric heater is say 1kw/2kw/3kw etc loads more used that way.
Id say about ten quid a week for my set up 2 x 600w hps's 150mm inline fan oscilating fan and my cloning light on 24/7.
T4

Time4Plan-B said:
Its peanuts fella less than having your washer on for 3 hours.
People get the horrors regarding using a couple of 600 watters when you think about it an electric heater is say 1kw/2kw/3kw etc loads more used that way.
Id say about ten quid a week for my set up 2 x 600w hps's 150mm inline fan oscilating fan and my cloning light on 24/7.
T4
nice 1 t4 i will get 2 more 600's lol:woohoo:

Forever[D]anked said:
Depends, how much is per Killowat?

Price Per Killowat Hourly X Hours On X Wattage Power

lets say per price killwat is .08cents.

Remember that's @ 8cents a killowatt.
.08 x 12 x 600 = .57cents a day
.57 Cents x 7days = $4.03 a Week.

Although your cost is accurate, your formula is flawed.

It should be .08 x 12 x .6 = .58 because a 600w uses .6kw/hr not 600.

You need to look at your bill. .08/kwh is probably your base rate. I don't know about the rest of you but we get charged more for excessive usage. They use a tier system something like;

Tier 1 is the first 300kwh in each month for .08 each.
Tier 2 covers the next 100kwh in each month for .16 each.
etc. etc. etc.

Now since your adding to your regular usage you have to bill it at the whatever tier it will put you in.
I get usually get up to tier 4 and my light costs .24/kwh so it costs me about 90.00/month to rum my kw hps in flower.

Just sayin', check your bill. . .

That is definitely not "peanuts", at least not to me. To me it means not running in the summer time when the pool and AC run my bills up close to 400/month. . .

Were in the U.K. so price is about 10-11p per kilowatt and with recent price rises but i use max £15 per week and at harvest time im well in pocket.
Pmsl
T4

Kiksroks youre up $310 per month compared to running the ac and pool which us in uk dont have the pleasure of having to use.
Lol
T4

Latest posts

Back