600w or 400w?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamez

Reaction score
Ok I have just bought a 600w hps, I already have 2 400w hps. I have two rooms one for vege and one for flowering. I use hps for vege aswell because of height restrictions, I do understand that mh would give me better vegeing but then I would not be able to grow my plant more than a foot tall. The question I am asking is would I get better buds using 2 400w lights or 1 600w light. So any help what is the better light setup would be great

What you really mean is...would you get better results with 800 watts vs 600 watts....85,000-92,000 lumens from the 600 vs 100,000-110,000 lumens with two 400 watters. (based the lumens on typical stats)

...being able to utilize two lights focused from juxtaposed angles is going to provide you a wider field of usable light.

So yeah...800 watts would be my choice until something unforseen revealed it to be counterproductive to using the lone 600 watt bulb.

How is your temp? More light the better if it does not get too hott !!!

800 and if a tight spot...u will get too much heat perhaps...but yes like the man said two diff angles... two lights...you will be happy

My temps around 29 Celsius I can leave the extractor on continuously while the lights are on if heat becomes a problem. At the moment it is off for 2 hours and on for an hour. W ï l l yeah that was what I was wondering, my buddy told me that a 600 watt would give me fatter buds than 2 400 watt bulbs. I did think it was a odd so I thought I would check with you guys. Cheers

why not your 600w HPS and 1 or your 400w MH's for the flowering? mixed light is good. and 1 400w will service up to 8 plants fer veg. 1 foot? who told you that for plant height - they just keep growing up with ferts.

Cool thanks guys. Sorry astra I have the hieght restriction because the sneaky hidden room is only just over 3 1/2 feet tall. So if I used MH it would restrict it even further.

Latest posts

Back