7 Harvests a year from seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarPassion

Administrator
Reaction score
I was reading a great article yesterday by Speescees, he's also a member here and he's the owner of No Mercy Supply.

He has been testing a new method of growing which he says has great advantages over regular growing.

To explain it simple, he grows from seeds directly at 12/12, same as you do with the lowrider seeds.

Here some advantages over regular growing:

- Save time (now you can harvest 7 times a year)
- save electricity
- Produce bigger buds (compared to clones)
- Almost no side branches that take away light. Saves time with cutting at the end. If you start realizing that 85% of the weight comes from the main bud.

and much more ...

Read his article here:
http://www.nomercy.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=285

http://www.nomercy.nl/forum/viewforum.php?f=66

There's a lot of logica in what he says, I believe it would be a great system.

I don't have time to grow this year as I will be going to China for a couple of months in Jan. But I would like to see some people test this out.

with what he says, in 7 weeks, i should be chopping down about a dozen ladies where i'd usually have 3 or 4 right? in almost half the time.

i didn't read his germinatin techniques yet, but i should still be able to do that with the paper towel germination right? thanx MP.

Many small plants are so much more efficient than a few big ones. :aok:

Good find MarP.

octobong007 said:
with what he says, in 7 weeks, i should be chopping down about a dozen ladies where i'd usually have 3 or 4 right? in almost half the time.
I don't understand what you mean here. He says you can pick the males between day 15 - 20

Flowering still takes around 50 days depending on your plants.

well maybe not, if you start flowering from seed, maybe it flowers faster??
what i dont get is, are all the plant single colas?. it was said that it doesnt have side branches?
also, could you still LST? and have like a bonzi lil bush??
I am interested in this, my plants are still small, on 24/0. so i could just switch to 12/12 if i think this will be cool

LSTing a plant that is going to be bud from top to bottom really isn't going to work... You can flip your lights at any time as well...

He confirms that the plants don't need vegging. If you look at the sample pictures taken the plants are quite big *** well. It's true that the do keep growing in the first week into flowering period.

It does produce side branches but not that many.

What we always did was cutting of all branches but left 4 or 5 total. You don't want to have all those little tiny buds. So what he's says I can totally relate with. I really would like to test this out. Seems to be the perfect way to grow.

Check the sample pics http://www.nomercy.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=255&sid=06039dcec7e0dfe1f4cae266163f9179

crazy, soo he uses a 600w hps, i wonder how the results would be with a really good CFL set up ?? like really good?? any thoughts?

interesting very interesting.

Think i may try it..

Just couple of questions: if you dont mind.

1. why is Clay used in its soil? Is Clay very important to grow using
this system?? and if so.. WHY?? Can you use high grade soil
like Foxfarm Ocean forest???

2. Would it be beneficial at all to use MH at any part of the grow??
Or just straight FLowring HPS all the way though.??

I guess using this method, auto flowring Lowryders aren't so desirable.

Very good read, but what I dont understand is why it cant be done with clones?
My grows ive allways vegged just about a week then flowered, im sure that going to direct 12/12 would have been posible, in fact the grow in my gallary was done just like his that he grew the single cola's
And I yeilded 740 grams dry bud from 2x5 grow area in less than 10 weeks.

I guess you would not need a seperate clonning area but you still can get males.

growdude,

I think they say its better to use seeds, because
cuttings/clones can carry spidermites and other pest.
And that it takes 1/2 weeks for clones to take root,
which makes the grow longer..

Here's a complete grow using this system. Though it's not using a seperate room for growing up the seedlings which you would want to do, if you want those 7 grows a year. http://www.nomercy.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=241

Just couple of questions: if you dont mind.

1. why is Clay used in its soil? Is Clay very important to grow using
this system?? and if so.. WHY?? Can you use high grade soil
like Foxfarm Ocean forest???

2. Would it be beneficial at all to use MH at any part of the grow??
Or just straight FLowring HPS all the way though.??

He uses clay with soil for the seeds to sprout, they clay keep the shelve of the seed in the clay and that's important to keep the seedling short. It can happen with normal soil that the shelve of the seed keeps lying on top of the young seedling and then it's stretches right away too high, that's what you see sometimes. You see this happening also when the light is to weak or too far away. But he might have a case here, it was new for me too to hear this.

I read also the clay keeps the soil from drying out completely, when that happens it's very hard to make it adopt the water again. So, the clay makes sure the water is flowed equally through the soil.

We always used HPS for vegging also. We tested special veggie lights but that was hardly notable for us. Too much work to change all the lights then if it doesn't make that many difference.

Yes and also clones you have to keep on 18 hours light minimum. Seeds makes healthier and stronger plants too, and better yielders.

But then again you should be able to do this from clones too if you have grow them large enough in a seperate room.

Interesting...

1 more question. actually 2 more.:

How does CLAY effect the PH in soil??

Can you just add HYDROTON, which is used in hydro grow into the soil??

I start my next grow 12/01 this seems very intriguing..

Thinking... maybe I should buy a 1/4 of some SWAG/MIDGRADE just
for the seeds..

Here's what he says about clones. This in mostly targeted to the Dutch grow that buys there clones. But it's interesting to see..

- Clones are expensive and getting more expensive
- Clones make you depended.
- 5 of the 10 clones are healthy
- Clones take a long time to form roots. A lot of times you have slow growers.
- Clones gives you a lot of false branches what doesn't give you good buds.
- Clones often carry spinder mites or eggs
- Making your own clones take a lot of space. Mother plant plus clones.
- With seeds you only need a few TL lights
- Clones gives you 20 times more to cure your plants compared to seeds that would have been grown from 12/12.
- You save with seeds on electricity costs.
- Seed plants are stronger.

I translated it from Dutch, so excuse me if they are a few erros in it.

In part I believe what he says. But actually you would be able to do this from clones too.You would have to test what the differences are compared to seeds.

That's why it would be interested to see some other opinions or experiences.

I can't say to much about the soil. Maybe if you press the soil a bit harder then normal it keeps the shell of the seeds in the soil. Maybe you can ask a questions on their board. Or maybe you can find an answer to it.

Yes, you could grow them up in some normal clay or mid ground potting soil then later transplant them to bigger pots with all the right stuff in it.

i plan on doing this for my next grow. the strain will be haze and that have a flower time of 70-85days. that would be really good useing this method

Latest posts

Back