8 seedlings in one pot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCOTTDANNY22

Reaction score
hi i threw some seeds in a pot that i thought were no good and they all popped and now are about 3 inches tall what is the best way to seperate and transplant them

Attachments

• IMG_6939.JPG
    IMG_6939.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 11
lol used to i just got done detangleing and transplanting might loose all of them see what tomorrow brings.I just learned never ever put more than one seed in a pot they had roots coming out the bottom of the pot 12 inches

Airborn is correct. Not a Good idea. They need to be separated as quickly as possible. I have separated plants before, just not weed. Un-pot the root ball and wash all the dirt away and separate them.

lol used to i just got done detangleing and transplanting might loose all of them see what tomorrow brings.I just learned never ever put more than one seed in a pot they had roots coming out the bottom of the pot 12 inches

if you lose all of them , do you have more seeds to plant?

Why wash the dirt away I would have dug each plant out with long bladed planting shovel. keeping as much dirt attached to each plants roots, then transplant into fresh soil.

Why wash the dirt away I would have dug each plant out with long bladed planting shovel. keeping as much dirt attached to each plants roots, then transplant into fresh soil.
I guess if they are all (the roots) tangled up with each other the rinsing may be of use, like pute said, as soon as possible. There will be a little root damage no matter which way, just try to minimize. Let recover, dont dump nutes on them maybe adjust lights down a little for a day or so.

Bubba

thanks for all the advice i just rolled over the pot got all out at once then got as much dirt away as possible roots were a big tangled mess i got what i could out of th ball heres what they look like this morning i did it last night
if you lose all of them , do you have more seeds to plant?

I have done this many times. Take your time try an do as little damage to the roots as possible and you will be successful. Do it now.
well they all look good still its been since lastnight when i transplanted would they be looking bad by now if they were not going to make it?
I guess if they are all (the roots) tangled up with each other the rinsing may be of use, like pute said, as soon as possible. There will be a little root damage no matter which way, just try to minimize. Let recover, dont dump nutes on them maybe adjust lights down a little for a day or so.

Bubba no these were my only seeds

Attachments

• 110.JPG
    110.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 111.JPG
    111.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 112.JPG
    112.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 113.JPG
    113.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 7
I guess no peee and roundup then. When I sing, I make a mess gargling the cal mag. But my feet are nice and green. No lock out....some stinkout. A bit. Puffin & Passin. Whoops I'm by myself.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back