8x8 Autoflower Tent - First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today....march 22. About 3 weeks from sprout. Back is the nightowl queens banner and trop wiz v2...they have been the most vigorous. Even when germing, they had long tap roots really fast. Front is Forgotten Strawberries. Left is Double Grape. Right is Pinot Noir.

View attachment 322829View attachment 322830View attachment 322831View attachment 322832View attachment 322833View attachment 322834View attachment 322836
Holy cannoli beautius and looks like a lot off work !

Welcome to MP. You are doing a heck of a lot better than me when I got into this.
You should check out my grow journal on here. Just search Flowers Grow.
I wouldn’t bother reading the whole thing, just go to the last couple pages.
I run a continuous grow, you may be interested in a few things I do.
This is a great place, with wonderful members. They have taught me a lot.

So a few of my plants definitely have some pistils growing. I'm assuming these plants are now in preflower?

Is there anything I need to change up now? When do they start getting bloom nutes? Since I'm on a res system they are all gonna get the same water, some are in pre flower some are not....do I wait for them all to start forming pistils, then switch to bloom? Will the ones in preflower be ok with veg nutes for a little longer until the others catch up?

What about DLI? Is it ok to give them some more light now?

Anyone have any advice?

I'd really appreciate it!

Welcome to MP. You are doing a heck of a lot better than me when I got into this.
You should check out my grow journal on here. Just search Flowers Grow.
I wouldn’t bother reading the whole thing, just go to the last couple pages.
I run a continuous grow, you may be interested in a few things I do.
This is a great place, with wonderful members. They have taught me a lot.
Thank you! I will definitely be checking your grows out later today! Appreciate it!

So a few of my plants definitely have some pistils growing. I'm assuming these plants are now in preflower?

Is there anything I need to change up now? When do they start getting bloom nutes? Since I'm on a res system they are all gonna get the same water, some are in pre flower some are not....do I wait for them all to start forming pistils, then switch to bloom? Will the ones in preflower be ok with veg nutes for a little longer until the others catch up?

What about DLI? Is it ok to give them some more light now?

Anyone have any advice?

I'd really appreciate it!
Read #4 on this site It will guide you but see if @Carty chimes in and a few other Auto guys
https://2fast4buds.com/news/best-fe...trients as soon as you see pistils appearing.

Dang man you guys are on quick! Thank you!

Ugh I just changed my res a couple days ago! Do you think the ones that are still in veg be ok getting half bloom nutes? It shouldn't be a problem, right ?
I do photos and feed Bloom nutes right from the beginning just less amounts with my feed I use
See what the Auto guys say I have grown them but never got much yield.

I do photos and feed Bloom nutes right from the beginning just less amounts with my feed I use
See what the Auto guys say I have grown them but never got much yield.
Yeah I've seen super simple schedules with flora flex where people just use bloom nutes from the beginning. I imagine the ones in veg will be ok getting some bloom nutes.

What about DLI or ppfd? Do you up yours when you go into pre flower? Or do you wait till you flip? Just curious I know it's different with autos.

Photos seem a lot easier...

Nice thread. Read over it several times. Been smoking a little this morning too so bare with me.

There is a member named Carty here. He is not the king but he is definitely one of the princes of growing auto flowers. I can not believe he hasn't chimed in.. You usually catch him on really late and early morning hours lately.

Second thing I caught or may have missed - Is - I am pretty sure they need a little darkness for stuff related to photosynthesis. Even though you are growing automatics - I would do either 20 hours on - 4 off or 18 hours on 6 off. I stand to be corrected on this, but I would not go for the full run at 24hrs lighting.

Third - This comes from your very first post !!! - Hydrostore - I no longer 100% trust my hydro store workers or the owner. I did at one time. From fighting a bug infestation when I first moved to the passion, through pump options, and especially nutrients. I have enough quarts of nutrients to fill the floor of a 3' by 6' room with fixes and you need this or you gotta have thats. They went from being hippy fellow grow buddy's who I would trust as much as anybody here - to being just a bunch of salesmen and buyer beware. Not saying you hydro people are like that but... Anymore - I double check anything they say - SO if you have a problem or question MY advice is to bring it here first.

Any way - Nice read I'm pulling up a chair.

@Carty

That's a lot of words !!!

Nice thread. Read over it several times. Been smoking a little this morning too so bare with me.

There is a member named Carty here. He is not the king but he is definitely one of the princes of growing auto flowers. I can not believe he hasn't chimed in.. You usually catch him on really late and early morning hours lately.

Second thing I caught or may have missed - Is - I am pretty sure they need a little darkness for stuff related to photosynthesis. Even though you are growing automatics - I would do either 20 hours on - 4 off or 18 hours on 6 off. I stand to be corrected on this, but I would not go for the full run at 24hrs lighting.

Third - This comes from your very first post !!! - Hydrostore - I no longer 100% trust my hydro store workers or the owner. I did at one time. From fighting a bug infestation when I first moved to the passion, through pump options, and especially nutrients. I have enough quarts of nutrients to fill the floor of a 3' by 6' room with fixes and you need this or you gotta have thats. They went from being hippy fellow grow buddy's who I would trust as much as anybody here - to being just a bunch of salesmen and buyer beware. Not saying you hydro people are like that but... Anymore - I double check anything they say - SO if you have a problem or question MY advice is to bring it here first.

@Carty

Yes to everything the monkey guy said ✌️

What about DLI or ppfd? Do you up yours when you go into pre flower? Or do you wait till you flip? Just curious I know it's different with autos.
I would give them as much light as they can handle it is good to up lighting incrementally. If the tops are not bleaching, they can handle more light. More light gives them more energy to grow and helps to minimize node spacing. DLI will drop if/when you change the light cycle(obviously) so keep that in mind. Read over carty’s threads on autos and you will pick up a lot of good advice on autos. I think I recall most auto growers didn’t up-pot but that Carty has found good results up-potting once.

Last edited:

@Carty

Thank you for the reply hombre. I already messaged the famous carty. Hopefully he can chime in. I've read a couple of his thread this morning will read more later. In the process of changing my res water.

As far as the light schedule, idk I've heard on a podcast, I think maybe a guy named kushman? He said autos only get 30 min of rem no matter how much darkness they get. And other auto growers I follow who produce massive beautiful plants, they all use 24/0 on autos. Seems to be working fine now. Although I was thinking about switching to 20/4 of 18/6 when they get to flower. I'd like to hear what carty says.

Noted on hydrostore. My guy seems pretty genuine though. I've gone in there ready to buy shit, and he's talked me out of it saying I don't need this or that. He's not an auto guy but he's given me very good general advise that's been backed up by research I've done. But I'll def keep and eye out and for sure I'm bringing issues here first. Def going to run photos next. Already have my packs lined up...

I got blessed by beleaf with a 10 pack of chimera 3 s1 for free...I ordered and paid for the truffle treats 9 s1, they ended up sending me that and the 10 pack of chimera on accident. I emailed Savannah over there she told me to keep them...that's how I found this place. I was looking for grow diarys for chimera 3 and found gmos breeder cut thread. 😳🥵
16795883296515771010112428776934.jpg

Gonna run 2 of these 4 next...prob just do a beleaf run. Although I really really want to pop that bling blaow.

Cheers 🥂

Last edited:
Alright I have a question. If I was to use 1/2 bloom 1/2 veg nutes, how would I go about mixing them?

Would I mix v1 and v2 then b1 and b2 ? Or would I do v1 then b1, v2 b2? Not sure about the order of mixing now if I'm gonna use both. Anyone know? I don't know much about how different nutrients interact with each other but I know it's a thing.

I was actually gonna do 1/4 bloom 3/4 veg for a week then half then full....I think that sounds like a good plan...idk tho! 😂

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back