8x8 Autoflower Tent - First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice fat Nugs how did it smoke? I've read autos don't produce as high THC but I've also read that auto genetics have come a long way recently and if grown correctly can in fact produce high THC. How long did it take from seed to harvest?
One of my favorites. I am pretty sure that one went around 90 days.

Day 24 noticed first pistils today. Only decent pics I could get. Progressing nicely I think for my first run.

20230323_200742.jpg
20230323_201045.jpg
20230323_201036.jpg

You're growing similar to me. I have ebb and flow buckets in an 8x4. It's nice to see your first grow be so well thought out and researched. I started growing in the 90s and I didn't have what we do today. In other words your first grow is 30 years advanced over mine lol. Your ready to get huge harvests right out of the gate.
I think the setup you have will need some serious lights to utilize the co2. Up to 2000 ppfd and temps in the low 80s will be what you need. Ec can be much higher but with autos don't over do it.

What do you guys think my VPD should be at this point? DLI? EC?

Currently im at like .9 vpd...DLI on the big ones a little over 40...mid to lower 30s on the smaller ones. EC 2.1 right now. 1400-1500ppm co2. 85/65. 24/0 lighting.

Runoff ec and ph both in range.
All good parameters. Co2 has diminished returns after 1200 ppm. That is the leaf saturation point.

You're growing similar to me. I have ebb and flow buckets in an 8x4. It's nice to see your first grow be so well thought out and researched. I started growing in the 90s and I didn't have what we do today. In other words your first grow is 30 years advanced over mine lol. Your ready to get huge harvests right out of the gate.
I think the setup you have will need some serious lights to utilize the co2. Up to 2000 ppfd and temps in the low 80s will be what you need. Ec can be much higher but with autos don't over do it.

No kidding, this guy came out of the gate hot, total nerd out. I love seeing new members with The Passion.

Thank you for the response! Yes Ive always been passionate about bud, I've always wanted to grow it and I wanted to do it right! It's a hobby for now but who knows. Eventually (3 years prob) my state will have rec dispensaries and that's always been a dream. I have a land development/home building company and I don't have much going on right now, so I'm diving in.

So as far as the CO2, you think I can lower it to 1200 and get the same returns? Currently the big plants are at a DLI of 45...I think it's like 600ppfd or something for 24 hours? Idk I haven't really been going by ppfd more DLI...I planned to get it up to 55-60 by the time they start flowering. I watched a bugsbee video and he said 60 is the goal with 1500ppm CO2. I think I can get close to that with the spider farmers not sure about the vivosuns...I have 2 of each now. So 2 400w and 2 480w...hopefully that will do the trick.

Temps have been at 86 rh is now down to 64. Vpd at 1.0 and will continue to lower the rh as we move along. Raised the ec to 2.3 yesterday when I changed the res. I'll let that rise in the res this week instead of diluting. Want to see if I can get them up to 3.0 mid flower. Don't know if I can with autos tho, I'm not sure.

Blaze on fellas 🔥

Am I supposed to cut little fellas off like this? Now sure which branches to be snipping. Or should I just be leaving it alone at this point? I've been defoliating a lot I don't think your supposed to do that with autos but shit these leaves just go crazy and cover everything up.
20230324_094802.jpg

20230324_094738.jpg

No kidding, this guy came out of the gate hot, total nerd out. I love seeing new members with The Passion.
Haha I'm here for it bro! It's for sure my new addiction. I go through a new one once every couple years lol...some have lasted longer than others unfortunately 😉

If you are not growing to sell or gift away, you are going to have a problem(a good one though). In an 8 by 8 tent with hood lighting, you will be measuring your harvest in pounds, probably several. That is way above hobby level in my view. Nothing wrong with too much weed.

Another thing I noticed, when I first put the CO2 in there, the tent would hold it pretty steady. Now I'm noticing the ppms going down a lot faster. Is that the plants using more CO2 as they get bigger? I've actually tried to seal the tent up tighter since I noticed it. Just curious.

Thank you for the response! Yes Ive always been passionate about bud, I've always wanted to grow it and I wanted to do it right! It's a hobby for now but who knows. Eventually (3 years prob) my state will have rec dispensaries and that's always been a dream. I have a land development/home building company and I don't have much going on right now, so I'm diving in.

So as far as the CO2, you think I can lower it to 1200 and get the same returns? Currently the big plants are at a DLI of 45...I think it's like 600ppfd or something for 24 hours? Idk I haven't really been going by ppfd more DLI...I planned to get it up to 55-60 by the time they start flowering. I watched a bugsbee video and he said 60 is the goal with 1500ppm CO2. I think I can get close to that with the spider farmers not sure about the vivosuns...I have 2 of each now. So 2 400w and 2 480w...hopefully that will do the trick.

Temps have been at 86 rh is now down to 64. Vpd at 1.0 and will continue to lower the rh as we move along. Raised the ec to 2.3 yesterday when I changed the res. I'll let that rise in the res this week instead of diluting. Want to see if I can get them up to 3.0 mid flower. Don't know if I can with autos tho, I'm not sure.

Blaze on fellas 🔥
I'm only saying more light considering 18 plants will spread out in to every sq ft of your 8x8. I see quite a bit of drop off on the edges. But like I said, as is you will get a great harvest. But I think you are like me and will always look to optimize. Light will be your biggest return input.
1500 ppm is going to burn through your tank faster and not give much return over 12.
Why does your ec rise over the week?

Another thing I noticed, when I first put the CO2 in there, the tent would hold it pretty steady. Now I'm noticing the ppms going down a lot faster. Is that the plants using more CO2 as they get bigger? I've actually tried to seal the tent up tighter since I noticed it. Just curious.
Could be a leak. How much faster? And were you opening the tent more at the time

If you are not growing to sell or gift away, you are going to have a problem(a good one though). In an 8 by 8 tent with hood lighting, you will be measuring your harvest in pounds, probably several. That is way above hobby level in my view. Nothing wrong with too much weed.
My 8x4 grows usually get 3 to 5 lbs. OF is correct. My friends really love my hobby lol

Latest posts

Back