8x8 Autoflower Tent - First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I supposed to cut little fellas off like this? Now sure which branches to be snipping. Or should I just be leaving it alone at this point? I've been defoliating a lot I don't think your supposed to do that with autos but shit these leaves just go crazy and cover everything up.
View attachment 323038
View attachment 323039
I wouldnt be cutting any limbs off unless your going to clone.

If you are not growing to sell or gift away, you are going to have a problem(a good one though). In an 8 by 8 tent with hood lighting, you will be measuring your harvest in pounds, probably several. That is way above hobby level in my view. Nothing wrong with too much weed.
Yeah I was hoping to get a qp per plant. That was the goal. Can never have too much weed my guy! I don't think that's a thing.

I wouldnt be cutting any limbs off unless your going to clone.
Ok thanks. Yeah def not gonna be cloning any autos lol. I do have my 4x4 veg tent set up though now for my next run. Gonna do photos this time so I'll let them veg in there until this grow is over. Gonna do 16 1 gallon flora flex drip system in there.

Last edited:
I'm only saying more light considering 18 plants will spread out in to every sq ft of your 8x8. I see quite a bit of drop off on the edges. But like I said, as is you will get a great harvest. But I think you are like me and will always look to optimize. Light will be your biggest return input.
1500 ppm is going to burn through your tank faster and not give much return over 12.
Why does your ec rise over the week?
Ok yeah I will be upgrading the lights for sure. Just looking for deals. Ec will usually rise as the runoff is usually a little higher. And it's not drain to waste it goes back in the res. But I did notice after just feeding that the runoff ec was the same as what went in. So I'm assuming that means there is no salt buildup at all in the coco. And I can up the ec???

And thank you again for the help! You have no clue how much I've been wanting to ask someone who knows wth they are doing. Couldn't find that on Reddit lol.

Its a vivosun so it's def not sealed as well as it should be. But I closed obvious leaks I don't think it's an issue. I did lower it to 1200-1300 tho.
Could be a leak. How much faster? And were you opening the tent more at the time

Ok yeah I will be upgrading the lights for sure. Just looking for deals. Ec will usually rise as the runoff is usually a little higher. And it's not drain to waste it goes back in the res. But I did notice after just feeding that the runoff ec was the same as what went in. So I'm assuming that means there is no salt buildup at all in the coco. And I can up the ec???

And thank you again for the help! You have no clue how much I've been wanting to ask someone who knows wth they are doing. Couldn't find that on Reddit lol.
Yeah in flood and drain there shouldn't be a drying out period for the salts to build up. Don't bother with runoff in that system. Measure the res.
Raise ec slowly. Autos are notoriously finicky. If you aren't seeing deficiency I wouldn't raise it until they are in flower.
You're welcome to the help. This is a faster resource than reddit lol.

Yeah in flood and drain there shouldn't be a drying out period for the salts to build up. Don't bother with runoff in that system. Measure the res.
Raise ec slowly. Autos are notoriously finicky. If you aren't seeing deficiency I wouldn't raise it until they are in flower.
You're welcome to the help. This is a faster resource than reddit lol.
Ok thanks man I'll keep it where it's at now. The ones I didn't severely stunt just keep getting bigger and bigger. I've never grown before but they seem huge for 25 days. Man I can't imagine how rewarding that first J I smoke is going to be 😂

Day 26 🔥

20230325_072617.jpg
20230325_072640.jpg
20230325_072646.jpg
20230325_072849.jpg
20230325_073035.jpg
20230325_073046.jpg

I've been noticing my runoff water is coming back a lower ec than the water going in. I read that when this happens consistently over a few waterings, your supposed start feeding more times a day. Is this true guys? I feel like they can take more than 2 times a day. And the instructions for this aircube say I'm supposed to run the system 3-5 times a day in coco. Think I'm gonna go for 3 today.

Damn I just saw this...3-5lbs?! I would be happy with 3 for my first run...how many do you run in your 4x8? What size pots ?
You are gonna hate trimming. Even a lb is A LOT. Your tent is twice lessos footprint but you probably won’t get 6-10 lbs. He has been doing this for quite a while. But a few lbs isn’t out of the realm of possibilities. It is a good problem to have though.

I wouldn't know what the fk to do with that much weed. Get caught with that much in Texas and your screwed.😳
I grow for personal use only.

You are gonna hate trimming. Even a lb is A LOT. Your tent is twice lessos footprint but you probably won’t get 6-10 lbs. He has been doing this for quite a while. But a few lbs isn’t out of the realm of possibilities. It is a good problem to have though.

I know it's twice the size but I doubt I'll be able to pull that much. This is my first run, l don't expect to get the same yield as lesso. I expect to get the same yield, but with 2x the footprint 😂

Edit: I misread this...yeah I agree with this for sure.

Last edited:
I'm guessing your in a legal state. Some of us are and some of us aren't. You going to sale to a dispensary? Pute grows for dispensaries. I know he said legal weed has lowered the price of a pound in Colorado because of so much competition.

I'm guessing your in a legal state. Some of us are and some of us aren't. You going to sale to a dispensary? Pute grows for dispensaries. I know he said legal weed has lowered the price of a pound in Colorado because of so much competition.

Yes I plan on selling to dispensaries in DC. Really weird laws here in the district. It's basically legal here.

Yes I plan on selling to dispensaries in DC. Really weird laws here in the district. It's basically legal here.

good luck with that , selling to dispensaries is a good gig if one can do it

we used to sell to colorado dispensaries 13 years ago , $4000 a pound all day long

it was heady driving around denver with 4-8 pounds and a real head rush walking out of those dispensaries with $10-20k in cash and no paper trails

but the days of the Colorado Green Rush are long gone and i doubt anyone gets $500 a pound nowadays , at leat not without breaking it all down and slinging 1/8’s and 1/4’s all month lol…

Oklahoma’s green rush is also over

who knows what state will be next

but yeah , one day weed is gonna be $10 buck a lid …..again!

Latest posts

Back