9 Day old Diesel Ryder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridgerunner

Reaction score
I had a heat issue with my diesel ryders and now that is resolved (temps are 77 - 82 f ) The plants seem to have recovered. But they are small is this normal for 9 days I had them in 20 oz cups now they are in 2 gal pots. I would love to put them outside but the weather today is 45 f winds 15 to 20 mph by the end of the week the weather will be back to normal. They are currently under cfls and will be moved outdoors as soon as weather permits and will be planted in the ground in the 2 gallon pots I am using jungle growth potting soil. Any Advice will be appreciated!

100_2281.jpg

100_2283.jpg

you are most certainly on your successful way to buds just a note as to weather your mix contains any slow relase ferts and keep the light on them 18-24 hrs per day where applicable ..if you have good sun let them suck it up let us know if you have ferts in ya soil .. looks like ya soil is on/around the stem /stalk its hard to tell on this angle but if so clear it away slightly as this may harm ya weed growth .but should be fine being a ryder

Jungle growth has an npk of .020-0.22-0.20 I am located in southeast usa getting about 13 hours of sunlight per day will put the outdoors in a couple of days. These were planted directly in the soil 7 of 10 sprouted and all are living.

Hello Ridgerunner :)

Twisting leaves point to a PH issue.

Do you know your PH?

:peace:

info is supplied on behalf of mr allistair young i highly recommend adhereing to this info...your method of testing soil pH is reliable. What kind of pH meter do you use, and what method?

Some experienced growers on this site don't test soil pH; they adjust the pH of the watering solution so that it is 6.2-6.4. If the soil is good with good pH buffer qualities, then watering like that should bring the soil to within the proper pH range. Also, if you add about one tablespoon of dolomite lime per gallon in your soil mix, the pH should be properly buffered. Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil is an example of a good soil with built-in pH buffers. Add dolomite lime to that, and not only do you get proper soil pH, but magnesium and calcium as well.

A proper pH meter is important. A good quality digital meter is necessary in order to measure the pH of the watering solution. Please don't use one of those cheap pronged-probe meters that you stick directly in the dirt. Those are no good. Plus, meters designed to test the pH of liquids do not work in the soil.

The left plant looks tired. How much do you water it? Are your plants, by any chance, in pots that are too small? Do they need to be transplanted?

Those are just some ideas that I'm throwing out there; I hope it helps

I dont have a PH meter I will get one . Jungle Growth has Canadian sphagnum peat moss, perlite, vermiculite, charcoal, lime plus 0.20-0.22-0.20 fertlizer. By tired do you mean to much water or not enough I water when the top 2 inches feel dry . I have them in 2 gallon pots.

water only dont feed any nutes until 4 weeks in keep light 2-3 inches above you should/will get good results over the next week then post more picks just remember no nutes get a digital ph meter not the silly 2 prong idea also be sure to get buffer kit / calibration kit with it ths is a huge help toward success ebay is advisable.

It is a good idea to check your ph, prevention is always the best cure. However, I wouldn't worry yet about the "twisted" leaves. As I have read in other fora, the leaves of some lowryder strains such as the diesel ryder do not initially develop in a symmetrical way. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

peace

Borrowed a friends ph meter checked PH in all 7 pots they range from 6.0 to 6.3 I added 2 teaspoons of basic slag per 2 gallon pot. should raise the PH to 6.5 to 7. Basic slag gives you almost an instant rise in PH where lime can take a month or 2 . :D

Latest posts

Back