9 + weeks why no trichome's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one mate,your girls will need sunblock now! :)

All those nagging fluoro doubts put in your mind by the folk here are gone,poof!:p

That little 3x4 area will be like a sauna! Just follow what was in that link and listen to the good people here. All will be well... after you sort through all the conflicting information. With all this flower time, that plant will probably turn out to be damn nice after all is said and done.

Again, I can't thank you all enough for easing my mind on this issue. The new system should be here by end of next week and I will go from there. I will update this post when time comes to advise what came of the "bagseed experiment-1st grow" along with pictures.

As for the time being, I have two 100 watt soft white CFL's on the sides of the plant (one on each side) to light up under her... Will this be okay to supplement more red spectrum until new system arrives or is there something better I can do.

Will heat be a factor with the room size and 400w HPS? I have a ceiling fan and rotating fan in room now and the temp is between 72 and 78 degrees F

yes u should be fine till u get the 400hps;)
and one of the other who use the hps will sure to help u out on the heat question as i am cfl guy my self but i do most of my growing outside anyways.good luck on the grow:)

You will be amazed at the difference a HPS makes. However, bear in mind that you are still pushing your lumens--you want to try and have 5000 lumens per sq ft., you will have 4166 with your 400W. The walls of your space should be painted flat white or covered with mylar or panda film to make the best use of your light.

You will have more heat in there that you will need to deal with--you have increased your lumens 300% (with only a 25% increase in wattage!). However, it shouldn't be like a sauna :D .

There is no benefit to lighting the undersides of the leaves.

The Hemp Goddess said:
You will be amazed at the difference a HPS makes. However, bear in mind that you are still pushing your lumens--you want to try and have 5000 lumens per sq ft., you will have 4166 with your 400W. The walls of your space should be painted flat white or covered with mylar or panda film to make the best use of your light.

You will have more heat in there that you will need to deal with--you have increased your lumens 300% (with only a 25% increase in wattage!). However, it shouldn't be like a sauna :D .

There is no benefit to lighting the undersides of the leaves.

I can't thank you enough for allowing me to pick your brain...the walls are painted flat white (no other materials are available at the time ... this is and always will be personal stash so all my income can't go to this only little by little :) Heat I think i am going to be able to handle without a problem there. So back to side lights...

Will it help in spectrum of red (soft white) to add more at this point until new light gets here. And will adding soft white to new system on the sides help with lumens issue.

ok. back on point again.

any light you add now easy, is a plus. so in answering, yes, you can add all the cfl lighting you have to that girl at this point.

you will not need another light once you put the new light on this girl. the 400 will be sufficient. if you want to add supplemental lighting, it will not hinder in any way, if thats what your asking.

good luck...bb...

htg has an upgrade hood/reflector for your light. if you scroll to the bottom of the pg where you purchased it, on the right lower corner.

i purchased my 400 there, with the batwing reflector. i didnt see the upgrades at the time.

i could of got the upgraded enclosed hood for way much cheaper with my order, but i did'nt. i waited and purchased it separate, and it cost way more.:eek: .

just wanted to make sure your aware of this...bb...

Answered all my questions, thanks....should i start flushing her and allow her cycle out or keep on with nutes

first, do you have a scope so you can see the trichs? i would keep on with the nutes myself. that girl has a ways to go yet by looking at her...bb...

ok just wanted to make sure I have been watching th tri's but nothing more than clear at the moment

congrats on getting the hps man

check out my grow journal in my signature
youll see what a 400w hps can do to plants.

good luck
TDOC

hi easy its a sativa as someone stated and it has started resin production its on the leaves and btw sativas can take anything from 13-16 weeks imho

uk420maan

very decent choice ....i would have gone with the 600w but that one will work fine...a cooltube setup will help you get the most out of that light, mainly because you can keep it closer to the plants...if you have floros , i would veg with those

Hick said:
you will not be disappointed easy'...
Welcome to the real world of growing..;)

As a grower who does use floro's.... Even I felt the sting of this comment...
ouch...

Latest posts

Back