A big NO-NO has occured.. my bad. It happens.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cesar Chavez

Reaction score
Ok. So I did a big no-no; I began growing before the 'new' room was ready. Because of this, I have a backlog of plants, so I am considering flowering with 4' HO floros; no more room in HPS area. Heres the question.? Since I have an 8-bulb unit, is it best to get 8 bloom tubes of 3k? Or use 4 cool whites and 4 red bloom tubes alternating? My Skunk #1's were cloned over a month ago, transferred into soil, and now stand about 18" tall. I am planning on flowering for 2 weeks or so in the floros, and then changing them over to the HPS area when my current crop is harvested. Thanks in advance.

PS
The plants in the picture are not the mentioned above; they are from my first grow. The setup however is exactly the same, just with my new girlies. They are sleeping right now or I would have taken a pic. Sorry.

Durban 006.JPG

Either way but 3000K is more for bloom but some 6400K won't hurt, HPS is best for bloom.

Thanks Greenhead for your input. I do agree HPS is the way to go, but like I mentioned above, my current HPS area is completely filled; it's either flower with floros, let them grow too tall to handle indoors, or watch them whither away. I plan to throw them under HPS as soon as space becomes available. Since I posted this thread, I have purchased 8 4' 3000K bloom tubes from Sunleaves. I will be transplanting tommorrow into 3 gallon pots before switching the light cycle on Sunday. Looking forward to that area being bright red; kind of devilish. :p

I would rather bud them under floro's than to just let them grow out of control. I made the same mistake not too long ago as well. I was sitting with 12 two feet tall plants in my vegg room waiting while I had another 20 in my flower room. I would say go ahead and start the 12/12 with floro's and switch over to your HPS when able. The only drawback would be that your plants will have more stretch and your yield will not be as bountiful.

Yep, better to start them under the floro's than nothing, especially if it's just for a couple of weeks.

Instead of a 50/50 mix of the red and blue, I'd go with 6 red and only 2 blue, but do agree with the mixed spectrum.

DD

Yea, 'out of control' plants are difficult to deal with ssjric, flowering under floros seems like the best option at this point, thanks.
Droopy Dog, why would one choose a mixed spectrum.? Because it prevents less stretch and thicker stems?(This is my opinion based on limited research)

Cesar Chavez said:
Droopy Dog, why would one choose a mixed spectrum.? Because it prevents less stretch and thicker stems?(This is my opinion based on limited research)

Yes. My opinion also.

DD

I have a girl that got out of control because of my inexperience. I have her in a 6x4 cabinet. I have done LST to try to keep her as low as possible (She was 3' appx. when I switched to red T5's. I have a 4 tube HO T5's (2') sunlight brand and a 2' single tube HO T5 red. I still have the blues of course. should I put blue in the single? I would purchase a HPS but I know it will get too hot, so I will have to get what I get with the T5's unless there is a cool running HPS.
So... Should I pop a blue tube in the single? Thanks!

flowering resized.jpg

Latest posts

Back