A dumb blond question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammy

Reaction score
:confused: I recently recieved a "hand-me-down" palnt from a friend. It may be 2 to 3 months old. It is tall ( about 20 or so inches ) and skinny, and I am starting to question the sex. Is there any easy way to tell the sexy of the plant at this age? What should be done to "thicken" or fatten this thing up? It is supposed to be an exceptional strain that has a 14 to 18 week cycle, but then again it may be a dud. Please share if you have any suggestions. Also this one plant when under light smells up an entire closet and the room that the closets in. Is this normal? I was told to look for small "nuts" under the lower leaves, and that would mean that the plant was a male... there are none but then again... nuts??? Please help! Thanks;)

To determine sex (or get buds), you must flower the plant, which means a strict light cycle of 12 hours on, 12 hours off.
No light whatsoever can get to the plant during lights out.
Within the 1st 2 weeks of 12/12, males will grow "balls" (pollen sacs), females will start to form buds during week 3.

What kind of light(s) do you have the plant under?

Thanks!! As for the lights?? I just put it under a 120 watt indor house plant bulb. Sylvanian I think. It is under the light 24/7. I guess I will put it on the timer and see what happens. Now if the person who gave me the clone ended up getting mostly males, there is probably no chance that this one will be female huh? Should I just scratch it? Would the effort be worth it?

noooo dont scrap it... and you should get a new light those ones arent so great for marijuana

what do you suggest? And what are the chances that it will be female when most of the others where male?

put it on 12's for a week or two. It will soon tell you for itself. At this point, whatcha' got to loose?

If it is then female, you can clone it for future use.

if the clone was taken from a male, your plant will be male.

Latest posts

Back