A Few Questions before getting Started

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fungus Amungus

Reaction score
Hello My New Friends...I'm about to start Buying Supplies & need answers to several Questions. Will list them separately as to address them one-at-a-time. Keep in mind this is an Indoor Grow...

Want to know what Lighting do you use or suggest? We used MH for Veg. Cycle & HPS for Flowering, they worked great but were also HOT! LED seems like the way to go but need help picking the correct set-up, cause I don't know beans about Volts/Lumens/Spectrum/etc,

I am following along , ya never know if I might get a hankering to start a small indoor grow and i need to upgrade from MH/HPS to led or cm…

looking forward to the input from this group of seasoned ganja growers

Your grow and what you need to grow depends on several things. Where are you at? What is the temp of your room and what about humidity.

For example I am in high desert and low humidity.....Boo on the other had is in the swamp with heat and humidity I don't have to deal with.

Some on here run LED's for lights. I need the heat so MH and HPS is what I use. I run a 400w MH in veg and two 600w HPS in flower.

So tell us a bit about where you live and your grow area. Also, Organic or not, hydro or soil.

Have fun.

I am following along , ya never know if I might get a hankering to start a small indoor grow and i need to upgrade from MH/HPS to led or cm…

looking forward to the input from this group of seasoned ganja growers
Welcome my new Friend, In the words of Briscoe Darlin "jump on in & hang-on!, a one ana two"

Hello My New Friends...I'm about to start Buying Supplies & need answers to several Questions. Will list them separately as to address them one-at-a-time. Keep in mind this is an Indoor Grow...

Want to know what Lighting do you use or suggest? We used MH for Veg. Cycle & HPS for Flowering, they worked great but were also HOT! LED seems like the way to go but need help picking the correct set-up, cause I don't know beans about Volts/Lumens/Spectrum/etc,
Led's are the way to go, I purchased this light, to me it's the bomb and it's cheap too.
https://www.amazon.com/YINTATECH-Hy...INTATECH+4000W+Led+Grow&qid=1661631445&sr=8-5

Your grow and what you need to grow depends on several things. Where are you at? What is the temp of your room and what about humidity.

For example I am in high desert and low humidity.....Boo on the other had is in the swamp with heat and humidity I don't have to deal with.

Some on here run LED's for lights. I need the heat so MH and HPS is what I use. I run a 400w MH in veg and two 600w HPS in flower.

So tell us a bit about where you live and your grow area. Also, Organic or not, hydro or soil.

Have fun.
Y'all know by now know I live in Alabama...South Alabama...Hot & Humid Outside...Cool & Dry inside. Growing Medium in the past has been my own mix of Organic Peat, Manure, Sand & Lava Rocks or Peebles on the bottom for drainage. Pots will probably be Felt, 7 Gallon for Mothers & 2 Gallon for Clones.

Last edited:
I'm stoked...just got my copy of "The Cannabis Grow Bible"! what a monster...looks like Tom Clancy or Stephen King wrote this by the number of pages! LOL!
Take the time and read it. I read two books before my first grow and it was mostly successful because of my diligence. You are gonna run into issues and the more you know the better you will handle them.

Take the time and read it. I read two books before my first grow and it was mostly successful because of my diligence. You are gonna run into issues and the more you know the better you will handle them.
The one thing I've got going for me is that Gardening is nothing new to me. Been Planting & Growing my own Vege Garden since I was a Kid. Just wanna get going...got that "Springtime Itch"! Love to watch things Grow, it's in my Blood!

Those look great JW & the Price is within my budget.
We used Bulbs for 4 years now, to me the difference of bulbs vs Led's is like, Night and Day. I'm not say my light is the go to, but I'm just very happy with that the LED chage. It was hole different grow, plant's reacted very well better than my bulb grows.

Just measured my other Closet, it's 4'x4' so I gonna use that one. With the 8' Ceilings here, figure on moving a couple Mommas to another space & set up a 2 Layer Cloning Flowering Op in the 4x4. already have enough steel rack shelves to pull it off since they're 2'x4' & 18"x4'. Can mount the Light Fixtures to bottom of shelves then raise & lower as needed. Getting excited now, the plan to rule the world is...uhhhh, the Plan to rule my Cats World is almost complete! Wait...what's that Fop Fop Fop noise, crap it's those black Ops Choppers AGAIN...time to go, later guys! LOL!

I've been using these pots for over a decade, just love the way they let my roots breath...
sli.JPG

Found some of the Columbian strain seed stock, they're High (LOL!) the Mango Biche's are $800 for 10 but they tried to use the old "This is the LAST of them in the WORLD, only 10 Left, better act now"! Naw, I don't think so, not paying your Car Note...but the Santa Marta Gold were 10 for $150, not great but better. Still think I'll pass the Collection Plate!

Would still luv some of Captain Jacks Afgani Strain Seeds. This weed is credited for making the Original SNL Cast so creative & what Billy Joel wrote the song "Captain Jack will get you High Tonight" about. Heard they were $1,000 EACH...not for me Captain!

Latest posts

Back