A Few Questions before getting Started

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello My New Friends...I'm about to start Buying Supplies & need answers to several Questions. Will list them separately as to address them one-at-a-time. Keep in mind this is an Indoor Grow...

Want to know what Lighting do you use or suggest? We used MH for Veg. Cycle & HPS for Flowering, they worked great but were also HOT! LED seems like the way to go but need help picking the correct set-up, cause I don't know beans about Volts/Lumens/Spectrum/etc,
I have both a spider farmer and a Mars hydro LED light. I love them both. They are cool, cheap to run and have sweet dimmer switches which are great to change around during your grow period. I would highly recommend them both.

it is late but I’ll soon check but I think I have the Mango Biche

i have heard that the SantaMarta Gold is long gone , like the RoadKill Skunk and BigSur Holyweed

but hey , maybe someone busted some out of the vault

all the best with the Acapulco Gold!

Will check them out, never used Felt before, are they one & done's or can they be reused?

the pots I buy can be reused

2FFEB51F-DE70-43C9-B369-C1C3AEA1E5A4.jpeg

Next question...why is it so dang important for Gub'Mints around the World to worry over a Plant they know isn't dangerous & cannot cause an Overdose? Even my Parents (almost 90) use CBD oil & said they would use it if it was Legal! It's a GOD given Miracle Plant, that was here long before Mankind or Gub'Mints, Is it because it a TAXABLE Good they can't control?

Next question...why is it so dang important for Gub'Mints around the World to worry over a Plant they know isn't dangerous & cannot cause an Overdose? Even my Parents (almost 90) use CBD oil & said they would use it if it was Legal! It's a GOD given Miracle Plant, that was here long before Mankind or Gub'Mints, Is it because it a TAXABLE Good they can't control?

follow big pharma and the alcohol industry for your answer

I won five Acapulco Gold feminized seeds from Weedseeds Express. Gonna start 'em after the first of the year and cut some clones so I can have 'em up to decent size by spring. Gotta do that in my state if you want to really bring a sativa heavy plant to its full potential. Might do that trick that Crash is doing on his Freakshows and see if I can make some extra seeds, too.
I remember the Mexican sativas from my youth. Best weed around IMHO.

I won five Acapulco Gold feminized seeds from Weedseeds Express. Gonna start 'em after the first of the year and cut some clones so I can have 'em up to decent size by spring. Gotta do that in my state if you want to really bring a sativa heavy plant to its full potential. Might do that trick that Crash is doing on his Freakshows and see if I can make some extra seeds, too.
I remember the Mexican sativas from my youth. Best weed around IMHO.

Michoacán comes to mind….it first appeared in our neighborhood around 1968 and it was the first sensimillia seedless weed we seen

$10 buck a lid too

some of the best weed I ever smoked in my youth!

the Oaxaca was also excellent

good luck on the Acapulco Gold!…..I also have some of those beans and maybe a few of us can have a collective grow next Spring!

I am leaning towards a Jamaican or African grow next year

Although I don’t care for the fabric pots so much, my plants seem to like them. I prefer those black plastic nursery pots or some other hard plastic if I have to up pot. Don’t like up potting from fabric but have been landing them in fabric pots for their final spot lately as they do grow good in them.

Although I don’t care for the fabric pots so much, my plants seem to like them. I prefer those black plastic nursery pots or some other hard plastic if I have to up pot. Don’t like up potting from fabric but have been landing them in fabric pots for their final spot lately as they do grow good in them.
I use plastic in the early stages and finish in felt. The plastic is definitely easier to transplant from. I started some Dahlias in a 5 gallon felt pot this year and just planted the whole pot outside when the threat of frost was over. The plants are looking good. I assume the roots have grown thru the felt. That may work for up-potting plants too. Maybe. My original thought on the Dahlias was I could just pull the felt pot out with the rhizomes(or tubers or whatever they are called) when the growing season is over and I will be able to dig out and store the rhizomes for next year.

Michoacán comes to mind….it first appeared in our neighborhood around 1968 and it was the first sensimillia seedless weed we seen

$10 buck a lid too

some of the best weed I ever smoked in my youth!

the Oaxaca was also excellent

good luck on the Acapulco Gold!…..I also have some of those beans and maybe a few of us can have a collective grow next Spring!

I am leaning towards a Jamaican or African grow next year
Not sure about the left coast, but here in the midwest, a lid was 3/4 of an ounce. Never could figure that out. That's back when a nickel bag was five bucks, a dime bag half ounce was ten, and the lids were fifteen. Full ounces were normally twenty.

If you're talking landrace African and they're anything like the Vietnamese sativas, be prepared for the long haul.

I'm looking forward to the Acapulco grow. It'll be nice to have someone to compare notes and pics with. I've also got an extreme itch to grow the Freakshows. Not sure why, as they don't look like they'd be a big producer, but the stealth and novelty fascinate me.

another question...does anyone here use Co2 Injection or just an outdoor source of fresh air. Before, we used an industrial tank with an injector with a timer and a long coil of soft clear tubing that we wrapped around the Grow Room, with holes drilled in it.

Latest posts

Back