A Few Questions before getting Started

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now those look like the Ticket, are they expensive Mr. Hopper? I'd Love to find some clear plastic containers, to watch the grow below the surface...guess I could use a cheap plastic Fish Tank or better yet, a clear Acrylic Drum Shell!
I’ve read that clear containers are not good for the roots but do some reading on it and decide for yourself. I did do a double solo cup inside clear and outside red but i didn’t have enough drainage between the two cups and injured the plant. I did see the roots good tho but should have made better drainage for it

Fungas I have never used them. I use Fabric pots.
714ExI164QS._AC_SX466_.jpg

another question...does anyone here use Co2 Injection or just an outdoor source of fresh air. Before, we used an industrial tank with an injector with a timer and a long coil of soft clear tubing that we wrapped around the Grow Room, with holes drilled in it.
Yep, sure do. My grow room is sealed, and I pipe in CO2 from a tank with a regulator, timer, and one of those PPM controllers. The timer kicks in a half hour before the lights come on, and kicks off a half hour before the light go off.

On second thought, I'll be better off growing something Fast Growing & Flowering, so that I CAN GET SOME WEED in dis here Crib. All I have around me are Brothers selling & have never bought from them after seeing them "Pinch" at least half of it. I'll bet that the Buying Bros have never even seen a real Quarter Ounce or Ounce. I have Digital Scales, and the last Quarter some Bro tried selling me didn't weigh 2 Grams...in the baggie, dude said "those are Trick Scales", even showed him with a Calibration 1-ounce weight & he said I was trying to phuck him! He'd never even seen Scales before, thought they were Magic...but you can't fix Stupid!

Not sure about the left coast, but here in the midwest, a lid was 3/4 of an ounce. Never could figure that out. That's back when a nickel bag was five bucks, a dime bag half ounce was ten, and the lids were fifteen. Full ounces were normally twenty.

If you're talking landrace African and they're anything like the Vietnamese sativas, be prepared for the long haul.

I'm looking forward to the Acapulco grow. It'll be nice to have someone to compare notes and pics with. I've also got an extreme itch to grow the Freakshows. Not sure why, as they don't look like they'd be a big producer, but the stealth and novelty fascinate me.

we started buying lids around 1964 $10 bud , a key for $80-$90 Southern California San Fernando Valley

the African strandivars we have grown before and we can get them to finish around Oct 15 before the first frost here

Durban Poison , Angola Red , and Malawi are the ones we have grown

maybe someone has some Panama Red so we can have a throw down between Acapulco and Panama…..🤡🤡🤡🤡

in the meantime , we have all fall and winter to dream about the next crop…

kacksucker comes to mind , but not a producer by far

here he is in action

Why that's Pappy selling his Purina

"My Hair"- Oh Brother Where Art thou
"I don't want FOP Gal Darn It, I want Dapper Dan, I'm a Dapper Dan Man!"- Oh Brother Where Art thou

"My Hair"- Coal Miners Daughter

If you lived close you would never be without pot.
I truly Thank You pute, very generous, few places have made me feel like I've finally found a home like MP has...you guys are the best! I despise this town I moved to!...there is NOTHING here but 7 Gas stations and 2 Dollar Generals, have to drive 36 miles to get to Walmart!

I Love those Central & South American strains as well as the Mexicans, but what blew our minds was the when the 1st Sinsemillian Hawaiian was available. Could only buy it one Big Bud at a time (for $20) but it turned us into Kids' just like the 1st line of uncut Pink Peruvian Coke did...nothing should be that good!

Hello My New Friends...I'm about to start Buying Supplies & need answers to several Questions. Will list them separately as to address them one-at-a-time. Keep in mind this is an Indoor Grow...

Want to know what Lighting do you use or suggest? We used MH for Veg. Cycle & HPS for Flowering, they worked great but were also HOT! LED seems like the way to go but need help picking the correct set-up, cause I don't know beans about Volts/Lumens/Spectrum/etc,
To help understand lights better, I usually lead people to the Cocoforcannabis site. It has a comprehensive section describing How they work, how distance affects things, as well as a bunch of reviews where they put various lights through their paces and show results ( PAR measurements) at various heights above the canopy and so forth..

Then look to the journals here. That should help with a plan, then ask here about your ideas. at some point you picks your choices and pays your money.

Bubba

Think I'm gonna go with Acapulco Gold 1st it's 80% Sativa 20% Indica with high thc at 23% it's just what I wanted, plus it's a B10G10Free which cuts seed cost to $6.25 per seed, something I can live with.
Being 80 percent sativa, make sure to plan for the height when deciding room/tent/light you will use.

Bubba

I am very impressed with my Fabric pots after what i saw yesterday. I had cut down my two girls awhile back and yesterday i was taking the soil out of the fabric pots to re-purpose it,,, and my god i loved the root structure i saw coming out of those pots. It was like thousands of hair-like roots. You could have worn it like a wig. No roots running around the sides. It was unreal how the roots had taken on the soil like a womb. Very cool and now i love what Air Prunning does. No wonder everything im growing in fabric pots looks so much healthier than plastic pots.
I am sold on Fabric Pots.

I am very impressed with my Fabric pots after what i saw yesterday. I had cut down my two girls awhile back and yesterday i was taking the soil out of the fabric pots to re-purpose it,,, and my god i loved the root structure i saw coming out of those pots. It was like thousands of hair-like roots. You could have worn it like a wig. No roots running around the sides. It was unreal how the roots had taken on the soil like a womb. Very cool and now i love what Air Prunning does. No wonder everything im growing in fabric pots looks so much healthier than plastic pots.
I am sold on Fabric Pots.
You'll never go back.

Latest posts

Back