a few questions hope u guys can help me out here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoreLine

Reaction score
well.. please forgive my text it will probably be a full wall-of-text so bare with me.

1st i wanna introduce myself im pretty new here.. but i've been reading about the whole subject and theres soo many unanswered questions and i cant seem to find the answer on many forums i searched.
soooooooooooooooooooo heres my question

1. if i was veggin in a rubbermaid bucket thats similiar to the aeroponic system, the roots are hangin and touchin water. If i transplant them to a 5gallon DWC system will it shock the plant? will it stunt it growth? since the roots arent touchin water anymore just yet but still getting water.

2. is 2lbs per light possible? with 24 plants and 6 1000watt hps puttin 4 bubblegum under each light using envy A+B and usin 1000watt hps and veggin for 3 weeks. if not possible then what do u guys think it will yield? i also have good air circulation. 3 fans blowing and 1 big can fan on top of the ceiling. Not to mention i am also usin propane as co2 source and ALOT of it. and Im also usin the DWC system

3. i've heard about leavin the lights off for 36-48hrs before cuttin it down boost up the THC and resin(and possibly add weight) is that true? what do u guys think about it?

i think thats all i have for now but please help me out and answer some of my questions... this has left me clueless and thinkin more then i should be

SL: 1st i wanna introduce myself im pretty new here..

SB: Well, welcome to the group! It's great to see you here!

SL: If i was veggin in a rubbermaid bucket thats similiar to the aeroponic system, the roots are hangin and touchin water. If i transplant them to a 5gallon DWC system will it shock the plant? will it stunt it growth? since the roots arent touchin water anymore just yet but still getting water.

SB: If the water temp and nutrients are exactly the same as the "old" system, then the plant won't even know it's been moved as long as you're extremely gentle with the roots and get them into their new home immediately.

SL: Is 2lbs per light possible? with 24 plants and 6 1000watt hps puttin 4 bubblegum under each light using envy A+B and usin 1000watt hps and veggin for 3 weeks. if not possible then what do u guys think it will yield? i also have good air circulation. 3 fans blowing and 1 big can fan on top of the ceiling. Not to mention i am also usin propane as co2 source and ALOT of it. and Im also usin the DWC system

SB: First let me thank you for phrasing your questions so well, and providing all the information you have. It makes the "back and forth" go much quicker.

2lbs per/light in the setup you describe, using a very high yielding strain and perfect attention, and no problems during the grow, is the highest yield I feel that would be possible in a lab environment with ultimate care.

I wouldn't set your heart on attaining that goal. One pound per/light is a reasonable expectation, maybe a pound and a half. The lumens per/sq ft. are what the plant growth is based on for light, not how many plants, or how many lights.

Calculate the lumens per/sq ft of your plant canopy when the plant will be full grown. If you're using 6,000 lumens per/sq ft, then you're pretty much maxed out for light. Combined with your CO2 usage and a perfect pH and nutrient balance, you'll max out your crop to the extent that your system will maintain it.

SL: I've heard about leavin the lights off for 36-48hrs before cuttin it down boost up the THC and resin(and possibly add weight) is that true? what do u guys think about it?

SB: I've never tried it, so anything I told you would just be more theory.

Good luck to you man. Do all of your investigation and learning BEFORE you plant. That alone will increase your yield. I can promise you that.

thanks SB for the reply it helps alot... but theres 1 more question thats now kinda buggin me is the amount of plants. Ive read in other forums that 12 plants can yield as many as 24 plants can under 1 light. How is that possible? i mean isnt it the more the merrier? this is my 1st time usin water sort of. I've been usin soil and was able to pull 1.75lb per light with 9-10 plants under 1 light. Ever since changing to hydro it takes up more room and less plants. But "supposely" im able to still produce the same with less amount of plants. I just dont get that part. How can 4 plants produce the same as 9-10 plants under 1 light?

shoreLine said:
thanks SB for the reply it helps alot... but theres 1 more question thats now kinda buggin me is the amount of plants. Ive read in other forums that 12 plants can yield as many as 24 plants can under 1 light. How is that possible? i mean isnt it the more the merrier? this is my 1st time usin water sort of. I've been usin soil and was able to pull 1.75lb per light with 9-10 plants under 1 light. Ever since changing to hydro it takes up more room and less plants. But "supposely" im able to still produce the same with less amount of plants. I just dont get that part. How can 4 plants produce the same as 9-10 plants under 1 light?

I'll try to put it in a easyish way to understand

FOUR 1foot high plants...
Yeild the same as....
ONE 4foot plant

SO you can do the math with others... the big thing is... it takes a lot less time to grow something 1 foot high.. then it does 4 feet... that is another reason sea of green grows are so popular... it can be a pain dealing with the extra amount of clones/rockwool/hydroton/pots and all that tho.

If you are vegging around 3 weeks... in an aeroponic type of system... you are talking about 2+ foot tall plants when u start flowering... which will double or triple in size.. on a 4x4 foot area you can expect with minimal effort to get around 600 grams...

Best growing possible was traditionally labelled, 1 gram per watt. Which I think could very much be done... but would need to be a fully mylared room head to toe... brand new bulb... no bugs what so ever... perfect ec/nute ratios.. the works. 1.5 pounds every 2 months is okay with me per light. Especially for what I put into it work wise.

thanks Kade thats some nice information i think its kinda clearing up a little bit

shoreLine said:
thanks Kade thats some nice information i think its kinda clearing up a little bit

Check out my grow journal... you'll see what a 3-4 week veg will give u at 1/2 way through flower.

Latest posts

Back