A few simple nube Qs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daxtell

Reaction score
I'm in early veg cycle with 2 plants and am overcoming my mistakes as they come along.

I have a DWC 17 gal tub, am using GH trio and just added a good bacteria growth additive to the water / nute mix. My plants are a 70 /30 sativa hybrid. they are growing like a pair of small dwarfs, 9 leaf nodes but only 3 inches tall. I want to operate a small grow profile. Legal penalties climb too high if I get too much yield and look like a seller. As such, my grow plans are evolving. My current idea is to maintain a mother, and enough clones to fill the space around the size of a 30 gal tub. I don't smoke, so am planning almost exclusively using tinctures and edibles. I want to get light buzzes, not couch locked and stoned to oblivipn. My grow area is in a basement, I use 2 King LEDs. One draws a max of 150 watts, the other draws 250 watts with veg and bloom light both on. For veg or bloom alone, power consumption is half, 75 125 watts. Colors seem good and the sweet spot for lights is enough for my tubs.

My questions. In a SOG around 2'x3' (a 2nd 30 gal tub), how many clones should I plan for to bloom.
Is that number realistically going to give enough yield for an average user in your opinion. My other option is to veg one clone and give it the extra grow time to fill my 2" x 3" bloom space. I can size and bend plants, I also maintained an outside wildlife habitat. Some call it gardening.

I know that I'm asking for the unanswerable how big is big, but I'm inexperienced and can use a reality check by the experienced growers. OFs, are you willing to chime in?

Last edited:
What up Dax !-- Age old questions !-- How much is enough ?-- I got a system that can be adapted -- I run a 4 part bloom rotation -- About to set up a 16 plant rotation -I run mostly indica or hybrids that will finish in about 60 days - What I do is move a group of plant to bloom - ( in this case 4 plants -- 2 weeks later -- I move another 4 to bloom -- Every 2 weeks something gets moved to bloom -- After 2 months it starts producing a harvest every 2 weeks -- U can adjust the number of plants in each group to meet your needs -- I clone from clones and don't keep mothers --
How's your humidity ?-- Get it to around 50% - I use finger tip to elbow to judge distance from the lights --
Another thing-- that 3 part nute formula - I run a live res so only do monthly res changes -Some chemical fertilizer won't let U run a live res - The chemicals kill the beneficial microbes -I use botanacare nutes - As for a SOG - They got some black 35 gallon totes with an orange/yellow recessed lid with a checker board pattern -- laid out to be drilled -- I bought an aero cloner once and saw the problems with it and fixed them -- My boxes got 34 - 2 inch grow holes --with one for pump cords and airline - inside the box is a 396 gallon per hour FILTERED pump glued to a ceramic tile to stablize it -( without the filter your sprayer will clog --- it has a square figure 8 PVC spray manifold attached to the top with an included fitting - about every 3 inches is a micro sprayer -- Pump comes on-- sprays straight up and falls down for another trip-- 15 minutes on 15 off - Aquarium air pump and stone in box runs 24/7 -- There's your cloner and/or SOG box!-- I've bloomed 6 inch plants in them !--12 inches and shaped seems a good size -- Using 2 inch aero baskets and collars U got to keep the plants small or they fall over when they get top heavy with bud --Start growing then adjust to how much U need !-- U can also use it as a cloner and transfer to another grow medium later-- Hope U got something outta that stoner ramble ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm. I only thought as far as a 2 part grow. Back to the drawing board.

Latest posts

Back