A fresh start (skunk seeds) and a few oldies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herbieluvbug

HERBIE LUVBUD
Reaction score
Hello to all faithful readers, particularly the Bros Grunt and other highly ranked members
who have so graciously given of their time to critique my home grow situation. New setup includes a 1000w Hortilux and 3 small flourescent fixtures...As you can see in the pics , the skunk variety is germinated and now in soil, waiting patiently for the little bad girls to rise up. I have the 1000w bulb about 4 feet above and the temp seems good in the room. using a combo of pearlite , organic soil, and plastic cups to start them. must say as soon as i got the Hortilux, the littel sticks just burst forth with fat nodes and growth. much thanks to all who made suggestions vis a vis light and room requirrements. Also painted whole room flat white and am a bit more organised than before, also using an air purifier to keep air clean and blow CO2 to the little baby girls.

any suggestions???

herbie love bud:)

100_0465.jpg

100_0463.jpg

100_0448.jpg

100_0453.jpg

100_0455.jpg

100_0456.jpg

Everything is looking and sounding good. Here is some GREEN MOJO for your future ladies. ;) Good luck on the grow man i'll be following along.

thanks guys...dame German had a major harvest! I only hope to get half that good. So you you think its ok to have the Hortilux 1000 cranked above the little ones during veg 4 feet above? or should I stick with only flueros?

herbieluvbug said:
thanks guys...dame German had a major harvest! I only hope to get half that good. So you you think its ok to have the Hortilux 1000 cranked above the little ones during veg 4 feet above? or should I stick with only flueros?
If it were me i would put your babies under the flourescent's then switch to your Hortilux in a few weeks. You don't wanna burn your little one's. ;)

Very exciting evening at the Herb house...We have sprouts starting to come up in 5 of the 15 cups, so we are extatic, and also are noticing how happy and lively the clones are doing now that we have the HOT new Hortilux light...Below are some recent shots of the little girls and clones getting their daily dose of Vitamin D(22 hours per day..) YAY
Thanks and shout out to Grunt Bros. and everyone else!!

Herbie luv bud:p

100_0516.jpg

100_0507.jpg

100_0503.jpg

100_0502.jpg

100_0498.jpg

:)
THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
If it were me i would put your babies under the flourescent's then switch to your Hortilux in a few weeks. You don't wanna burn your little one's. ;)

Well, looks like all my seeds have come up, and I'm floowing the strict orders of the BG clan, and turned off my Hortilux for teh first two weeks..my only concern is , how will my older spindly plants(looking much healthier after the addition of the 1000w) will do in just fueuro light..any thoughts??
Any way here are some pics from day 3:cool:

LITTEL ONE.jpg

100_0563.jpg

100_0562.jpg

100_0560.jpg

100_0559.jpg

100_0556.jpg

100_0554.jpg

herbieluvbug said:
Well, looks like all my seeds have come up, and I'm floowing the strict orders of the BG clan, and turned off my Hortilux for teh first two weeks..my only concern is , how will my older spindly plants(looking much healthier after the addition of the 1000w) will do in just fueuro light..any thoughts??
Any way here are some pics from day 3:cool:
Everything is looking great. Your taller plants should do just fine under the flourescent lights until you put them all under your Hortilux light. ;)

does anyone knwo what this reddish rusty yellow stuff is?? my babies are doing just great , and now the adults pull this shi&*...I hope its not a fungus or some terribly contagious disease....i pulled the damaged leaves off right away, and am keeping a close lok on them...any thoughts>??:mad: :confused:

damaged.jpg

Use a teaspoon of epson salt it will make up for the deficiancy which causes the leaves to go yellow. Also do you keep an eye on your ph levels?

Thanks to the singing detective for the epsom salt fix...added and seems to be doing the trick, im so happy with my clone baby, she is like 16 inches now with loads of cotylidons and really getting big green leaves, the skunk babues, 1 thru 11, one was a downs syndrome child, but im keeping her...but boy does the indica grow fast, im really blown away how fast the leaves are popping up on the babies...i also have 3 sprouts on the medical seeds from grow doc in holland, here are some recent pictures from below.:)

100_0610.jpg

100_0602.jpg

100_0601.jpg

100_0597.jpg

100_0563.jpg

100_0562.jpg

I see your babies and young ladies are growing up fast. Glad to see your letting your short bus plant live. I have seen some nice short bus plants turn out some nice bud so maybe she has something to give. ;) Everything looks great man keep it up.

DAY 17 of teh skunk, DAy 12 of the Medical...Just checking with Sin, the brothers, and other associates that have made my life so rich in the past months, just started budding the big plants about 5 days ago, hortilux 1000w 12 hours daily, and keeping the little ones on 24 hours a day on cfls, repotting to 3 gallon bags tonight...can you guys let me know if teh flowers are looking good? ive never been in love before...lol;) /Users/fuksz/Desktop/48.gif

100_0705.jpg

100_0704.jpg

100_0702.jpg

100_0699.jpg

100_0698.jpg

hey your looking good keep it up. i think you should take that floro out and use them just for veg. you dont need that in the flowering room. use all the floro's you have for veg and just the 1000 for flower. its better that why your plants will get short nodes you looking for.plus the hps color promotes more stem and bud growth then any thing. then when you put them into flower they will just get so much bigger it's like using the flruo's to set a base for the hps to work with. plus you need more air. go and buy your self a big a$$ box fan you get from the dollar store to put in there bud mold like's high temps and high hum
plus this will give you a stronger stem for that 1000 to work with.

Looking good man. I see some small buds starting to form which means there will be big buds in the future. Keep up the great job man. ;)

I transplanted most of the skunk babies, and the medical babies into littel white bags, and ran out of soil, wo theres a few left to transplant..Anyone, (sin, brothers, etc..) know how long it will take for the mothers to be fully budded, and ready for harvest?? at the moment im on foxfarm bloom, every 3 days, and 12 -13 hours light, the babies are sequesteres in just flueros, as per sin's suggestion...wondering if i should be doing anything else to encourage bud growth, also started a little yeast machine as per your recipe...looking pretty green...
herbie

DSCF0054.jpg

DSCF0053.jpg

DSCF0052.jpg

DSCF0051.jpg

DSCF0055.jpg

000_0035.jpg

000_0034.jpg

000_0033.jpg

wow your looking real nice can i come to your house. theres always some thing you can try to boost your harvest but its in the dna lil bro. flower the ones you have and see how much bud they put out. then you will beable to mybe cross them with something that puts out bigger buds so that way you can have your skunk and bigger buds to

The ladies are looking great man. Flowering can take anywhere from 8 to 9 weeks maybe longer depending on the strain or strains you are growing. Keep up the great work. ;)

Hi guys...
been on a 12 hour clock with my 1000w hortilux for 3 weeks, and I'm seeing what appear to be the start of buds, but I've never flowered before, so i could use some advice...Is there anything else i shoud be doing besides watering adn Fox Farms every 3 to 4 days...Also added a bit of epsom salt to last watering because leaves were looking a bit yellow...Baby skunk plants are now a month old and doing well , on strictly fluros, 4 long bulbs and 3 cfls...
Ive been doing the co2 home made generator with yeast and sugar, and two fans , one for the big girls, and one for the babies...

Here's some pics..looking foreward to getting some feedback...

Herbie

100_0752.jpg

100_0749.jpg

100_0748.jpg

100_0742.jpg

100_0741.jpg

100_0740.jpg

100_0739.jpg

100_0737.jpg

100_0736.jpg

100_0735.jpg

Whats going on HLB. That one lady you have looks big and Sativa for sure. All your other ladies and babies are looking great as well. Can you get a close up shot of the buds? :aok:

Latest posts

Back